Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Share Forever Summer Promotion - 5/1/15 - 9/7/15 (Americas only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Share Forever Summer Promotion - 5/1/15 - 9/7/15 (Americas only)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by mpk620
you guys aren't going to believe this, but ihg's IT is really slow!

the update is that sharing with myself looks like it *might* work. i left it since my last post and just checked in on it now. the gift was still listed as pending in my shared gifts AND showed in my received gifts tab with an accept button. clicking to accept seemed like it just refreshed the tab - it is still there with the accept button. it IS showing as accepted in my shared gifts tab though.

so i'll have to give at least one more update to see how it resolves itself in the received gifts tab... and actually get the points in my account, of course.

EDIT: the gift is no longer showing up in my "shared" or "received" gift tabs and still says accepted on the main tab. so now it's just a matter of the points showing up in my account or not - which they have not yet.

Mine appears the same way today. I logged in to the message "you have received a gift" and it gave me the option to accept. I accepted it now it's showing up in the earned and shared tab as "accepted" and is still showing up in the received tab with the options of "accept" or "no thanks"

*edit*
It is now showing up as "Accepted" in all three tabs.
The points havent shown up yet, but neither have the regular points either. I'm just assuming that's 3-5 days out xD

Last edited by ThatOneGayRavenclaw; Jun 15, 2015 at 3:24 pm Reason: new info
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
This isn't a bad promo. I'm about to hit Hilton Diamond and will easily make Starwood Ambassador level (100 nights) so happy to jump on this promo and earn some points. My offer includes 25,000 for achieving my 15th night (and I'll have earned 13,500 for the nights prior) for a total of 38,500 for 15 nights. Assuming I redeem at $.01 per - that's basically $25 per night in value. Better than the current Starwood or Hilton offer. Even if I can only redeem for $.0075 per - still about $20 per night (and still better than Starwoods weekend offer which has a max value of $15 per night assuming you only stay 2 weekend nights and less if you stay more nights).

Now if only IHG had some nicer hotels in NYC at competitive prices.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: more than I care to list...
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
This isn't a bad promo. I'm about to hit Hilton Diamond and will easily make Starwood Ambassador level (100 nights) so happy to jump on this promo and earn some points. My offer includes 25,000 for achieving my 15th night (and I'll have earned 13,500 for the nights prior) for a total of 38,500 for 15 nights. Assuming I redeem at $.01 per - that's basically $25 per night in value. Better than the current Starwood or Hilton offer. Even if I can only redeem for $.0075 per - still about $20 per night (and still better than Starwoods weekend offer which has a max value of $15 per night assuming you only stay 2 weekend nights and less if you stay more nights).

Now if only IHG had some nicer hotels in NYC at competitive prices.
it sounds like you have the same offer i do - a goal of 5 nights and then bonuses at 3, 6, 10 and 20 nights beyond your goal. if that's the case, then note your bonus at 10 extra nights (15 total) is 25,000 pts OR a free night. the free night is a better value if you want to use it at properties that are higher in points than 25,000 per night - like any of the properties in nyc or most (if not all) of the intercontinental properties.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mpk620
it sounds like you have the same offer i do - a goal of 5 nights and then bonuses at 3, 6, 10 and 20 nights beyond your goal. if that's the case, then note your bonus at 10 extra nights (15 total) is 25,000 pts OR a free night. the free night is a better value if you want to use it at properties that are higher in points than 25,000 per night - like any of the properties in nyc or most (if not all) of the intercontinental properties.
Thanks, if I hit that level I will choose the free night then
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:55 pm

Just hit day 30 since May 1st! 40 more until the full bonus!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:17 am
Used to be planetrain

Programs: United, Marriott
I hit my full requirements and am eligible to share a free night, 33,500 points, and Gold Status.

Anyone on here hitting a similar share that wants to become my new friend? PM me.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by ThatOneGayRavenclaw
Mine appears the same way today. I logged in to the message "you have received a gift" and it gave me the option to accept. I accepted it now it's showing up in the earned and shared tab as "accepted" and is still showing up in the received tab with the options of "accept" or "no thanks"

*edit*
It is now showing up as "Accepted" in all three tabs.
The points havent shown up yet, but neither have the regular points either. I'm just assuming that's 3-5 days out xD
I can confirm that sharing with yourself does work. As of today, I have points credited in my account for both my reward and the reward I shared with myself.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I can confirm that sharing with yourself does work. As of today, I have points credited in my account for both my reward and the reward I shared with myself.
Way too risky in my opinion...
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: more than I care to list...
ditto - the points I shared with myself have posted into my account as well.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Way too risky in my opinion...
IDK, there's nothing specifically in the terms against it, and if you google the phrase "Earn from 68,500 to 115,500 “Share Forever” bonus points plus a maximum 58,500 bonus points to share, or keep" it shows up on a LOT of blogs, with the exact same wording.
I have no idea where that sentence originated from, but it seems like there is a huge number of people out there that think you can keep them, and due to how all blogs are using the exact same phrasing for their list of benefits, I'd imagine in the initial notice they sent out to the bloggers, it probably said exactly that.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the fact that it works when they could have easily prevented that if they wanted, and the fact that so many people are under the impression that it's ok, I'd imagine there won't be an issue. And if there is, they'll probably have a lot of really pissed off people out there.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Sounds as though doing so falls in the "strongly discouraged" category.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I have no idea where that sentence originated from
That's the problem. It could have originated from a blogger who didn't know what he was talking about. Even if it did originate from IHG it can no longer be found on any IHG material.

We all know that these points are meant to be shared. I mean c'mon, the word share is in the name of the promotion itself. I know for sure that I won't be gifting points to myself. If it doesn't feel right I don't do it. Plus risking an account with 500k+ points is not worth the potential 30k gain.

Whether relevant or not, I'll leave these bits here:

"Any attempt by any person to obtain any Rewards in violation of these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation by using multiple/different email addresses, IHG Rewards Club accounts, identities, registrations and logins, may result in disqualification from the Program, including the loss of any Rewards earned and/or cancellation of the person’s IHG Rewards Club Membership, if applicable."

"Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the registration process or the operation of the Program or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. "
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
That's the problem. It could have originated from a blogger who didn't know what he was talking about. Even if it did originate from IHG it can no longer be found on any IHG material.
After continuing to dig, the blogger here at least claims it came from a contact at IHG.
http://theforwardcabin.boardingarea....ver-promotion/
I've sent an email out to be sure, and I shall post back with what IHG tells me.

We all know that these points are meant to be shared. I mean c'mon, the word share is in the name of the promotion itself. I know for sure that I won't be gifting points to myself. If it doesn't feel right I don't do it. Plus risking an account with 500k+ points is not worth the potential 30k gain.
Of course - As a newer member, I have more to gain than lose, that's for sure! But for everyone the level of risk they find acceptable will be different.

Whether relevant or not, I'll leave these bits here:

"Any attempt by any person to obtain any Rewards in violation of these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation by using multiple/different email addresses, IHG Rewards Club accounts, identities, registrations and logins, may result in disqualification from the Program, including the loss of any Rewards earned and/or cancellation of the person’s IHG Rewards Club Membership, if applicable."

"Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the registration process or the operation of the Program or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. "
I'm not using multiple or different email addresses, etc, so we'll see. That does say without limitation, but at least they can't say I was being dishonest with it! Lol.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:51 am

Thumbs up

I've sent an email out to be sure, and I shall post back with what IHG tells me.
And I have received an answer:

Originally Posted by Marie XXX XXX, IHG Rewards Club Customer Care Representative
Hi Jared,

Greetings from IHG Rewards Club!

I would like to inform you that, Yes, you may keep the points from the ShareForever promotion, please be advised that the points will be posting in your account within 2-3 weeks, if the points do not show on your account, you may call our Service Center for further assistance.

Thank you for the patience on this matter. If you have other queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Service Center as we are more than happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Maria XXX XXXX
Customer Care Representative
IHG Rewards Club
www.ihgrewardsclub.com

United States & Canada
Phone: 1-888-211-9874
Fax: 1-800-725-8232
Email: [email protected]

Asia Pacific
Most countries: +63 2 857 8788 (toll charges apply)
AU: 02 9935 8362 (toll charges apply)
China & Hong Kong: +86 (0)20 3419 8282 (toll charges apply)
Japan: 03 5767 9325 (toll charges apply)
Korea: +63 2 857 8778 (toll charges apply)
Fax: +63 2 857 8787 (toll charges apply)

Mexico, South America & Caribbean
Mexico:
Phone: 001-800-272-9273
Fax: 001-800-725-8232
Central & South America:
Phone: 801-975-3063 (English; toll charges apply)
Phone: 801-975-3013 (Spanish; toll charges apply)
Fax: 801-974-3086 (toll charges apply)

Europe, Middle East and Africa
Phone: 020 33 499 033 (toll charges apply)
Outside UK: +44 (0) 20 33 499 033 (toll charges apply)
Fax: +44 (0) 2033 491 716 (toll charges apply)

On 6/18/15 1:44 PM, Jared Burrow wrote:
Hi!

I have a question about the current "Share Forever" promotion.

A LOT of online blogs and forums are claiming we can take the "shared" points for ourselves with no problem and that's not against the rules, but I can't find that anywhere officially related to IHG.

Can you confirm whether or not we can share, OR KEEP, the rewards points?

- Jared Burrow

So, I'm going to say we're safe, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with what is being done. It doesn't even sound like it's even discouraged, just not advertised as being an option.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 19, 2015 at 10:39 am Reason: edited name of IHG representative out of post
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:24 pm

And I have received an answer:

So, I'm going to say we're safe, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with what is being done. It doesn't even sound like it's even discouraged, just not advertised as being an option.
Thanks for doing the legwork! I was excited when all the bloggers said you could, only to come on here and have everyone talk like trying to keep sharable points was some sort of shady pseudo-criminal activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.