Intercontinental Berchtesgaden will no longer be an IHG property

Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:19 pm
mav
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Unhappy Intercontinental Berchtesgaden will no longer be an IHG property

I tried to make a reservation for 4 nights this July and there was NOTHING available for all of June, July or August. When I called into IHG I was told that after April 8th they will no longer be an IHG property..
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Widely discussed for months already in the IC Berchtesgaden Masterthread as a quick search will reveal. The hotel will be a Kempinski as of April 8. Go to their site and check rates if you were planning to pay for the stay with $$$. It is still the same great property & location. I wouldn't make it dependent on being an IC though it is an issue if you were planning to use points / BOGO or expecting AMB / RA upgrades etc.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:09 am
mav
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Originally Posted by demue
Widely discussed for months already in the IC Berchtesgaden Masterthread as a quick search will reveal. The hotel will be a Kempinski as of April 8. Go to their site and check rates if you were planning to pay for the stay with $$$. It is still the same great property & location. I wouldn't make it dependent on being an IC though it is an issue if you were planning to use points / BOGO or expecting AMB / RA upgrades etc.
Thank you for the info.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:36 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Please follow the discussion about the change of the IC Berchtesgaden from IHG to Kempinski in the master thread mentioned upthread.

FLYGVA
Co-moderator IHG Forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.