Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two bookings

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Two bookings

So I have two bookings at the Staybridge suite London Vauxhall for 2 nights both with the 1000 points bonus package.
They are both booked under my name and ihg account this is due to expense purposes.
Will I get points for both rooms?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:16 pm
Company Representative, Intercontinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
Hi. Just confirmed it: If both rooms were booked under the rate with 1,000 bonus points then, yes, you will get those points for both rooms.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:41 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Hmmmm, I booked a couple of these a few years ago. On neither did I receive the extra points, being told the 1000/2000 points are instead of the normal ones. As I don't like being treated like a mug, I've not bothered with them since.

I might add that I detest the IHG helpline that treats me like some kind of pointscrounger. The contrast with Marriott (my main scheme) couldn't be more pronounced.

Although I don't like the IHG program, the hotels are clean and competitively priced, and EVERYWHERE! I treat the points as a pure bonus from my business stays and have long ago stopped chasing IHG point promos (ie big win) which I have found normally require follow-ups.

Strangely enough point-shorting, the one bane of my Marriott life, doesn't occur with IHG, save for bonus points rates, of course!

I try to like the IHG scheme, I really do, but if it weren't for the hotels I'd steer clear!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I did a 5k bonus stay last year when it was only about Ł10 more than the normal rate, I defo got 5k bonus points but they did count towards the elite points
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite
I did one this year to satisfy my last Set Your Sights requirement. I got the 1,000 bonus points in addition to the usual points I get for my stay. I can't tell you if they qualify for Elite Points or not, as I have a lot of them this year and am not paying any attention.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:38 pm

They definitely count towards elite status. There are a couple of HIXs I stay at regularly where the 5k package is the same rate as the best flex rate and is usually Ł5 cheaper than the 1k points package.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by chrism20
They definitely count towards elite status. There are a couple of HIXs I stay at regularly where the 5k package is the same rate as the best flex rate and is usually Ł5 cheaper than the 1k points package.
+1.

And oftentimes when I have booked 2 rooms I have got points for both rooms which I did not expect.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Well I didn't get the 2000 points for the other room and got this lovely email:

Please be informed thatIHG Rewards Club does not issue credit on multiple rooms for stays made at any of our properties within the European, Middle Eastern, African, Central and South American and Asia Pacific regions. This is stipulated in our terms and conditions, which you may view at www.ihgrewardsclub.com.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:08 am

I've sent a follow-up message and will let you know as soon as I get a response. Sorry about that.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:38 pm

Hi again, Oliver. I've just sent a private message to you, providing greater detail on the situation. Let me know if you have other questions, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.