Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more drink coupons at IC's? Or all of IHG?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Oliveredmunds
I was and I would recommend it to anyone!
I got offered the norm 2 free drinks or 500 points ( I always take the points when im on business)
Thanks. Good to know that SBS are also issuing them. Must give it a try when I'm down in London again.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Checked in at Singapore again this week, got the voucher AND a stuffed toy lion.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
I always get a drink coupon at the IC Grand Stanford HKG (my favorite hotel in Hong Kong), but my favorite drink from that hotel was removed from the menu 7 years ago, the Strawberry Fizz. But I have the ingredients written on a note in my wallet, and the bartender has been more than happy to make it for me. Absolutely delicious!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
I'm lucky to get more than a Mars Bar at a HI or CP in the UK. I once got a Boost, which was nice.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Checked in at Singapore again this week, got the voucher AND a stuffed toy lion.
Here now in Singapore - got the lion but no drinks voucher. I did get a drinks voucher at the Melbourne IC earlier in the week and also one at the HK IC a few weeks ago. Nothing at Sydney IC (did get one last time we were there) or Double Bay.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Originally Posted by patgarrett
I'm lucky to get more than a Mars Bar at a HI or CP in the UK. I once got a Boost, which was nice.
A Club Biscuit is now on offer at CP JLA Liverpool. You get a choice of mint of orange.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I have got consistently a choice between drink coupon or points (300/500, varies...) at CP, HI, HIX lately. Haven't stayed at IC.

Every time when I have had my wife, kids, or friend sharing my room, I have asked if the drink coupon is only for me (as Platinum) or also for the second person too: "Sir, only for you as IHG member" - something which is fully OK as a rule followed, but IME very bad customer service. It would cost them only a buck or two to offer a second drink, but it has a much bigger impact on customer experience as a nice gesture if offered
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
I've just come back from IC Dusseldorf. They do not offer any voucher for drinks or points..
In IC Berlin I got one free drink for minibar in November and in Octobre was for one drink in bar.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:00 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
In mainland China, in HIX, HI and CP I always get a drink voucher. Points are not offered. I don't remember if I got anything at an IC, but I don't think I did.

HTB.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:45 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I just did a three night stay at the HI Silom in Bangkok and since I didn't go for the lounge UPG option (900+ THB per night which was more than 50% of the base rate I paid per night,) they gave me three drink coupons (draft beer/wine or soft drinks only,) for the Hari's Bar. I never get drink coupons at an IC since I usually get lounge access, as an RA.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 1:17 am

I've just had a post stay feedback questionnaire for a UK HIX stay and the question "Did you receive a welcome amenity of 300 points or a free drink and snack from the bar" is still included in the questionnaire. So it would appear that there has been no change here in the UK.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rbAA
I just did a three night stay at the HI Silom in Bangkok and since I didn't go for the lounge UPG option (900+ THB per night which was more than 50% of the base rate I paid per night,) they gave me three drink coupons (draft beer/wine or soft drinks only,) for the Hari's Bar. I never get drink coupons at an IC since I usually get lounge access, as an RA.
At Singapore I get both - am RA also.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I saw the Club manager this morning who gave me the info in the OP. I challenged her on this and she swears that this IC no longer gives out drink coupons. They still give out the item that looks like a bookmark, however the text that mentions a free drink has been removed. So if anyone checks in now, take a close look at the "voucher" and see if it still says anything about a free drink.

And she said she expects the other IC's in Asia will soon end their free drink vouchers due to an IHG directive. This is all what I was told FWIW.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Originally Posted by stimpy
And she said she expects the other IC's in Asia will soon end their free drink vouchers due to an IHG directive. This is all what I was told FWIW.
Sounds like the standardisation of HIX breakfasts, where hotels that provided a great breakfast had to stop doing so. Scrambled egg in plastic 24 inches by 8 inches.....mmmmmmm.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Froggitt
Sounds like the standardisation of HIX breakfasts, where hotels that provided a great breakfast had to stop doing so. Scrambled egg in plastic 24 inches by 8 inches.....mmmmmmm.
Yes the occasional HIE provided bacon too, as competing with immediately nearby/adjacent hotel like a Premier Inn etc, and IHG corporate stepped into stop that in UK.

Unless empirical evidence , ie lack of drinks slips in future at eg Bangkok, Manila and other caring Asia IC's occurs, I am not so sure this will benefit actually dissapear in Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.