Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When did you receive your Ambassador Welcome packet in the mail?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star®, & Rapid Rewards
When did you receive your Ambassador Welcome packet in the mail?

I believe that IHG states that the Ambassador Welcome packet, with the free weekend night BOGO certificate, will come 6-8 weeks after signup. Is that consistent with others new Ambassadors have seen? Or, does it usually come much earlier than that. I am asking because I booked a BOGO in the Manhattan IC next weekend, which is only 4 weeks after I signed up, and I am hoping to have the certificate by then.

So far my experience with the club has been excellent. I enjoyed a very nice stay in Tokyo Bay Side about a week after I signed up. The one category upgrade I was put into was nice, but was a smoking corner room on a lower executive floor. They ended up upgrading me to a full suite on the top level because they had nothing else to move me into that was non-smoking.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ChimarraoMate
I believe that IHG states that the Ambassador Welcome packet, with the free weekend night BOGO certificate, will come 6-8 weeks after signup. Is that consistent with others new Ambassadors have seen? Or, does it usually come much earlier than that. I am asking because I booked a BOGO in the Manhattan IC next weekend, which is only 4 weeks after I signed up, and I am hoping to have the certificate by then.

So far my experience with the club has been excellent. I enjoyed a very nice stay in Tokyo Bay Side about a week after I signed up. The one category upgrade I was put into was nice, but was a smoking corner room on a lower executive floor. They ended up upgrading me to a full suite on the top level because they had nothing else to move me into that was non-smoking.
Hello!

I have had very good experiences with the Ambassador program also. I am going to renew it when it is due.

My package took 8 weeks (two months) to arrive and there is no way to expedite it.

I hope it arrives on time!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:33 pm
Suspended

My package arrived within 2 weeks. Oddly quick IMO.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
You will need to be lucky

Year 1 12 weeks - they resent 2X - a second one arrived after 6 months. When I first checked they quoted the address they had sent to as being in Australia and that it had been recorded as received. I have never even been to Australia!

Year 2 6 weeks

Year 3 - this year still waiting after 5 weeks (they are quoting me 10 weeks on my application!)

IHG Dining Rewards - never arrived - now 5 months
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:14 am

Mine was only 2 weeks. You may get lucky.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Got mine yesterday - 4 weeks from applying.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
4-6 weeks. Im in Singapore.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
In Egypt

10 weeks and still waiting . They say it was despatched Jan 5th ,2 weeks after applying and for the 8 weeks to count from then. So I'm kind of on the 8th week by their reckoning . Why on earth aren't they doing the points and free nights electronically ? They can do it as proven with Into the nights . Very frustrating !

Want to use my free night in 3 weeks !
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:54 am

Still waiting, after 6 months. I have called twice and was told that it was expedited (2 months ago was last call).
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
If it was expedited you should have received it in a few days and have been required to sign for the delivery. I've had to have mine expedited twice now .
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: AS 75K, southwest A+, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire ambassador
In USA. Applied on July 30 and have not received packet yet. Called ambassador line one month ago and was told they had sent one but would work with their vendor to resend it. Called yesterday and was told that IHG is changing the program and that the packages were on indefinite hold. Told me I could still book through them a BOGO ambassador stay. Not sure what the real story is. Will try to call again and see if I get the same response.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Priority Club, HHonors
Renewed Ambassador on Sept. 30, new kit arrived Oct. 15 (US). Sam question - why can't they do this electronically? I don't need another luggage tag or plastic card. Just email me the bonus rewards point redemption number. And if you can't process an electronic BOGO certificate for the AMB weekend, just email me a .pdf of the certificate for me to print out. Or better yet, put a weekend certificate in my account to redeem electronically like a Chase free night certificate. Ambassador is a great program, but it seems weirdly in the dark ages, cut off from the IHG Rewards.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Renewed on 7th Oct and received kit on 27th Oct (Netherlands).
Old Oct 28, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Interesting....

Originally Posted by rgdave
Renewed Ambassador on Sept. 30, new kit arrived Oct. 15 (US). Sam question - why can't they do this electronically? I don't need another luggage tag or plastic card. Just email me the bonus rewards point redemption number. And if you can't process an electronic BOGO certificate for the AMB weekend, just email me a .pdf of the certificate for me to print out. Or better yet, put a weekend certificate in my account to redeem electronically like a Chase free night certificate. Ambassador is a great program, but it seems weirdly in the dark ages, cut off from the IHG Rewards.
I renewed on 8/31 and still have not received package. I've called twice now and was told on the recent call that no new packets were being sent until at least year-end due to the "Spire" change. However, CSR indicated she was more than happy to expedite my BOGO (which I should receive in 2 weeks). We'll see if I receive it timely.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
My RA renewed in April and I still have not received my kit. I have called numerous time and just as recent as 2 weeks ago and was told they stopped sending out the kit for the time being and asked me to wait.

My address is based in China.

Unbelievable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.