Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What info can front desk staff see on a PC account?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
What info can front desk staff see on a PC account?

I was checking out of an IHG hotel this morning. I've been Plat for the last 6 years but have crashed down to basic level after a change in the scheme and also my travel patterns.

I have an unremarkable 90k points on the account.

The agent said "oh, you obviously stay with the group a lot...."

Just interested what data they are getting that shows that, especially when I'm now without status. Is there something about lifetime nights/spend on their screen?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: IHG
I can only offer a hunch.

My belief is they see status, point balance, address and payment card on account.

There are many UK hotels I have stayed with every year for 17 years. I am regularly asked "Have you stayed with us before?"

No one has ever commented on the fact I am a long term member even though there must be over 750 total nights on my account.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:15 pm
Suspended

They can certainly see how many stays you've had at that particular hotel, as I've been greeted with the totals, especially at "milestones" - 50th/100th stay etc.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I had only stayed at this property once before, some 5 years ago - and wasn't all that impressed at the time (funnily enough, a big gripe back then was the absence of any status recognition!)
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
They can certainly see how many stays you've had at that particular hotel, as I've been greeted with the totals, especially at "milestones" - 50th/100th stay etc.
That's great for individual hotes to do that but I believe they get the information from their in house computer, not the IHG Rewards account info.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by midnight
That's great for individual hotes to do that but I believe they get the information from their in house computer, not the IHG Rewards account info.
Quite possibly, just happens to have been at IHG hotels. Oh, and a Hyatt too, I just remembered.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thats weird, in my latest stays they always give me a paper stating my points balance and my nights this year on IHG
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Most FDC's just go by your point balance.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
my experience with that is the property's computer system, i went through this at the Willard in DC recently, during a conversation with the front office manager, she was referring to my old account name, that was my initials, v my full name, which is on the IHG account, so when i asked about the stay history, it wasn't the IHG account she relied on, it was the hotel's system.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by midnight
that is correct.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Most FDC's just go by your point balance.
and i've noticed over the past year or so, they've been writing the points balance on the envelope that holds the keycard.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:22 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
and i've noticed over the past year or so, they've been writing the points balance on the envelope that holds the keycard.
They've done that for me for years. It's kind of embarrassing...
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
They've done that for me for years. It's kind of embarrassing...
i may have forgotten, and it's not all properties either, maybe it's just a reminder to us that points count
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i may have forgotten, and it's not all properties either, maybe it's just a reminder to us that points count
Or that we are all way too addicted.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:28 am

We don't see much, just address, phone and point balance. We include the points on your key packet to acknowledge your loyalty and just to keep you updated. Nothing to be embarrassed about at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.