Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Got a 2nd IC Free Night Cert. But it's my first year in Ambassador. Is this right?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Got a 2nd IC Free Night Cert. But it's my first year in Ambassador. Is this right?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Sorry if this question was asked before.

I joined IC Ambassador in October 2014 while I was IHG gold. Got the Gold Ambassador Card and IC free night cert in November. Made Platinum in December, and last week I just received my Platinum ambassador card with yet another free night certificate.

Both certificates have different redemption codes and expiration dates. Is this a mistake? Or does Ambassador issue a new free night certificate for each calendar year and not just membership year? And if so, does it make my old cert (expires 12/15) invalid? Or did I luck out and have two free nights to use this year?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
It's not a mistake. The second kit was issued when you earned Platinum status and thus became "Platinum Ambassador". Next kit will arrive if and when you renew your membership (next October) and it will include, same as the last kit, a Platinum Ambassador card.

Both of your certs are valid.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
It's not a mistake. The second kit was issued when you earned Platinum status and thus became "Platinum Ambassador". Next kit will arrive if and when you renew your membership (next October) and it will include, same as the last kit, a Platinum Ambassador card.

Both of your certs are valid.
So thats means that having 0 status my GF can buy Ambassador (get IHG gold) for $200 get a BOGO and then open an IHG chase CC later and get platinum and then receive another BOGO??
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
So thats means that having 0 status my GF can buy Ambassador (get IHG gold) for $200 get a BOGO and then open an IHG chase CC later and get platinum and then receive another BOGO??
I assume the answer is yes. But I haven't tried it myself as I'm not from the US or the UK and thus can not apply for the branded credit card.

Maybe someone else can comment on this from personal experience.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
It would be interesting to know... This could be very useful...

Any experiences here in the forum?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:23 pm

I had the same thing happen to me as OP described. I haven't used either cert yet, but I see no reason they aren't valid. If I use them both, I'll report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.