Ambassador Programme Information

Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Does anyone know if you drop from RA you still get the soft landing to Ambassador?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Yes, soft landing (wiki just above).
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
How many RAs get dropped back to AMB after the first year of RA and don't get the full 12 months of RA?

My AMB year runs from Feb 1 and I have just returned to RA (was RA from 2008 to 2012) after a couple of years not traveling. With the new posted criteria (new for me at least), I'm surprised to be told I'll only get 7 months of RA and I'll need to re qualify again from Feb 1 to get it back. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me as if I took until Nov to qualify it would mean I only had RA for 3 months.

What's other RA's experience here?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
How was transaction coded for those who purchased Ambassador status using IHG MasterCard? Just wondering how many points might be earned for the $200 fee. Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA LP pleb, QR Plat., Bonvoy Ti, IHG Diamond Amb, Foolish Hoarder of Miles, Fid. Def.
Originally Posted by afrugal1
How was transaction coded for those who purchased Ambassador status using IHG MasterCard? Just wondering how many points might be earned for the $200 fee. Thanks.
It posts as an ordinary purchase. 200 points, no bonus.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by NavSTL
It posts as an ordinary purchase. 200 points, no bonus.
Thank you for the help.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:13 pm

Just recently got an IHG Chase Card, which made me delve deeper into this Ambassador Program. At the moment, I have a booking via Expedia (third party I know no points etc...) at the Intercontinental Osaka which I made about four months ago.

While again, I understand points/nights staying will not be honored for my stay, will they at least recognize Ambassador status and its benefits, mainly the guaranteed upgrade?

Edit: And also, I did try to do my research the Ambassador T&C states that they may not be guaranteed SPECIFICALLY to the French Polynesian ICs.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in French Polynesia (InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora, InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea, and InterContinental Resort Tahiti) upgrades to the next room category and 4pm late check-out are not guaranteed for Royal Ambassador and Ambassador members who book through a third party website or Tour Operator.
Edit 2: I should have just asked the property first before asking you guys. Apparently no benefits are recognized as I thought

Last edited by gyuudon; Aug 4, 2015 at 2:13 am
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Jages
How many RAs get dropped back to AMB after the first year of RA and don't get the full 12 months of RA?

My AMB year runs from Feb 1 and I have just returned to RA (was RA from 2008 to 2012) after a couple of years not traveling. With the new posted criteria (new for me at least), I'm surprised to be told I'll only get 7 months of RA and I'll need to re qualify again from Feb 1 to get it back. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me as if I took until Nov to qualify it would mean I only had RA for 3 months.

What's other RA's experience here?
I think you are missing the main 2points of the Ambasador program

1. Your Ambassador year is 12months to 31st January so whenever you hit the RA threshold during the year you get RA until then whether for 9 or 6 or 2 months

So you had the 60/20 nights needed for RA DURING PERIOD July2014 - June 2015 . We don't know how many were during july2014-jan2015 though?

2. BUT if you stop and think , come next January IHG look at your past 12months stays to see if you qualify for RA

Now all the 5months of nights 1st Feb - June onwards that helped give you RA for 7months will also count towards your RA renewal next year Feb 1st

Now if you had zero nights july2014-jan2015, AND all your new traveling hotel stays of 60/20 IHG/IC nights were 1st Feb 2015 onwards, you have already requalified as RA for a further 12months

If you had some nights july2014 - Jan 2015 that will fall off as over 365 days old come next renewal check, you just need to replace those nights before next February to be renewed as RA

PS
If eg takes 11months to December to qual as RA so you get just 1month as RA, then it is almost guaranteed that those last 12months checked when your RA expires to see if RA renews will include all those earlier past 12months qual nights guaranteeing instant RA Renewal
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:31 am

After almost 17 years beeing Ambassador including 3 years of Royal A. I decided to, no more renew my membership which expired end of July because of the just about 190 InterContinentals around the World , I have now a Iata Card which gives me nice rates at a lot of different Hotel Chaines .
Also just a Hilton Gold Card gives you more for free as the Ambassador membership.
I'm just dissapointed from there programm .like no free breakfast at all.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: Etihad Guest, SriLankan SMiles, Garuda Miles, Air Astana Nomad; Marriott, IHG
Lounge Access

I've just checked in to Intercontinental Almaty and asked about club lounge access with my Gold Elite card and was told no, club lounge is only for Ambassadors.

Confused as I don't see lounge access on the list of perks.
I would have thought lounge would be given to people who have earned their tier, rather thanbought it.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Gold costs 50 IIRC (they did sell it before) and Ambassador 200 =)

And gold is nothing special even in CP or HI.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
I don't want to belittle anyone's status, but at an IC Gold it the 5th tier from the top (RA, AMB, Spire, Plat then Gold)
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:12 pm

I just renewed Amb via points online and now received a voucher for 10k points rather than 5k what I was expecting.. anybody else had that? Is that normal rate? So the total price for renewal was 24k - 2.4k (return from IHG CC 10% return on all points spent) - 10k... so it cost only 11.6k to renew with points.. great value for points!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:14 pm

For the people who renewed their AMB status for $200 with 10% points redemption rebate, when did you get that 10% returned to you?

I renewed my AMB membership in early June 2015, with the original membership expiring on June 30. I had booked 3 IC stays -- 2 for late June and 1 for July 1-4. All were booked well before the AMB expiration date, but I purchased the renewal before the actual stays. I don't know if I'm eligible for the 10% rebate on the June stays, which were still technically within the dates of the original membership, but I imagine I would get the 10% for the stay in July. I also have the Chase card and got the 10% rebate for those stays a few weeks ago. When can I expect the 10% for AMB renewal?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
For the people who renewed their AMB status for $200 with 10% points redemption rebate, when did you get that 10% returned to you?

I renewed my AMB membership in early June 2015, with the original membership expiring on June 30. I had booked 3 IC stays -- 2 for late June and 1 for July 1-4. All were booked well before the AMB expiration date, but I purchased the renewal before the actual stays. I don't know if I'm eligible for the 10% rebate on the June stays, which were still technically within the dates of the original membership, but I imagine I would get the 10% for the stay in July. I also have the Chase card and got the 10% rebate for those stays a few weeks ago. When can I expect the 10% for AMB renewal?
The downside is at award nights booked earlier, outside your current Amb Year won't get the 10% rebate as oft reported here

You need to rebook your award nights assuming they are still available and cancel the original award nights ... Or if unavailable either forgo the 10% or risk cancelling in hope they appear on award inventory and you get to them first so you can rebook

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.