Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Programme Information

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Renewed on Oct 30. Received the welcome package today 11/10. 9 Business days. Super fast! Specially comparing it to last year that it took 3 months...
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
How does the 10% points back works? I noticed that I made a reservation on October 2015, the points were deducted immediately. I renewed my membership on November 2015 with the 10% points back. I stayed at the hotel on March 2016 and the 10% of the credit card posted on April. However no credit posted for the Ambassador. Is it correct? Or am I missing my points?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Compensation for lack of RA Upgrade?

Has anyone successfully received some type of compensation if an IC is unable to upgrade room type as RA?

I have just checked into IC Bahrain for a 12 night stay and only received the room I booked (King Exec). Hotel now shows sold out for suites. I had been checking the app often prior to check in and 2 days ago, room was modified to suite, then changed back to King Exec today.

I asked about additional benefits or compensation due to lack of any RA room upgrade and did not get much response (just additional points, which I don't need).
Has anyone else successfully received compensation or additional benefits?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
If you renewed at the $200 rate you should get another 10% back in points. Contact Ambassador Member Services.

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
How does the 10% points back works? I noticed that I made a reservation on October 2015, the points were deducted immediately. I renewed my membership on November 2015 with the 10% points back. I stayed at the hotel on March 2016 and the 10% of the credit card posted on April. However no credit posted for the Ambassador. Is it correct? Or am I missing my points?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
Has anyone successfully received some type of compensation if an IC is unable to upgrade room type as RA?

I have just checked into IC Bahrain for a 12 night stay and only received the room I booked (King Exec). Hotel now shows sold out for suites. I had been checking the app often prior to check in and 2 days ago, room was modified to suite, then changed back to King Exec today.

I asked about additional benefits or compensation due to lack of any RA room upgrade and did not get much response (just additional points, which I don't need).
Can happen. Usual approach should be to lower your rate to reflect the lower room category from which you would have been upgraded as RA or AMB to your current room.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl

do aday by day check (dummy booking) as it may be ust 1-3 nights are the issue. THEN ask for either
a)upgrades on available nights
b(if another hotel suits yuou walk wth refnd, the upgrade is a guaranteed benefit
c)last resort is ask for 12nights at us$nnn the rate difference between booked room (at time of booking, not checkin day rate) and room rate of room that gets upgraded to current non-pgraded room
Do NOT accept a cedit agaimst hotel spend

"hen you mention upgrade s a guaranteed benefit and if not provided you will exect immediate refund and you will move to an alternate hotel, it is remarkable how quickly a room upgrade is often found.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
If hotel is not forthcoming, a firm, factual and polite email to ambassador service might solve it. Did that once and got a rate reduction and a few points.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Can anyone confirm me that if we are Spire member and we renew our Ambassador membership we automatically keep Spire status until the following year without having to spend 75 nights/75k ?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Lotfi070
Can anyone confirm me that if we are Spire member and we renew our Ambassador membership we automatically keep Spire status until the following year without having to spend 75 nights/75k ?
Why would you get to keep Spire ?

I doubt that IHG would let you keep Spire for only $150 tbh. Paying for ambassador gets you gold status
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by scubaccr
do aday by day check (dummy booking) as it may be ust 1-3 nights are the issue. THEN ask for either
a)upgrades on available nights
b(if another hotel suits yuou walk wth refnd, the upgrade is a guaranteed benefit
c)last resort is ask for 12nights at us$nnn the rate difference between booked room (at time of booking, not checkin day rate) and room rate of room that gets upgraded to current non-pgraded room
Do NOT accept a cedit agaimst hotel spend

"hen you mention upgrade s a guaranteed benefit and if not provided you will exect immediate refund and you will move to an alternate hotel, it is remarkable how quickly a room upgrade is often found.
It sounds like they are going to {hopefully} upgrade me to a suite tomorrow afternoon. I'm still going to try to ask for a refund in price difference for first 2 nights, but we'll see if I get the suite upgrade first!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Lotfi070
I don't know what's "supposed" to happen, but that's how it went down for me. My Spire was set to expire at the end of this year, I signed up for ambassador for the first time, and my Spire was extended to the end of next year. YMMV of course.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:06 am

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by rbw5t
I don't know what's "supposed" to happen, but that's how it went down for me. My Spire was set to expire at the end of this year, I signed up for ambassador for the first time, and my Spire was extended to the end of next year. YMMV of course.
At the moment I have 60K points so I still need 15K to get my Spire Elite next year. But I see that my elite status is ending end of december 2017. I asked several time when calling to reservation when my Spire status will end and the answer is always december 2017. One of the agent told me that my spire elite is renewed due to renewal of ambassador which keeps IHG rewards elite status.

Upon checking the terms I found this :
" Upon purchase of InterContinental Ambassador status, IHG® Rewards Club members who are Club or Gold Elite members will receive Gold Ambassador status upon enrolment. All InterContinental Ambassador members can earn Platinum Ambassador or Spire Ambassador or be invited to Royal Ambassador status. "

So maybe if we are already spire then just renew it?
Anyway I will have my last 15K points this year but if this is the case it sounds good
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:49 pm

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. My Ambassador membership (Not Royal Amb), expired at the end of Nov. I am interested in renewing. It is now Dec. 1st. If I re-up for another year of ambassador during the month of Dec, will my annual Amb status expire at the end of Dec. 2017? I'd prefer if my Amb membership and my Spire status were on the same timetable. It makes tracking stays and status much easier. Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by KIcarus
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. My Ambassador membership (Not Royal Amb), expired at the end of Nov. I am interested in renewing. It is now Dec. 1st. If I re-up for another year of ambassador during the month of Dec, will my annual Amb status expire at the end of Dec. 2017? I'd prefer if my Amb membership and my Spire status were on the same timetable. It makes tracking stays and status much easier. Thanks!
if you renew it will remain end of Nov.

alternative is if you allow it to lapse, and then commence again.

you cld try calling, but i doubt they'll do it^
Old Dec 10, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Any advantage to paying instead of redeeming points?

Originally Posted by FlyingChuck
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere...

Joined by "redeeming" 32,000 points. Received the 10% IHG Mastercard rebate.

Shows under Activity as: MASTERCARD 10% REBATE-OTHER REWARDS | 3,200 pts.
If I have plenty of points and the IHG Mastercard... is there any reason to pay for Ambassador? Seems like redeeming points is the better option.

At least two IC stays next year. (Hanoi and Park Lane London). Would love to use the BOGO certificate (and the Mastercard free night) at Park Lane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.