Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Set Your Sights - Need to be USA Citizen to apply for a IHG Rewards Card

Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Do you have to be a citizen of the USA to apply for the card? I live outside the USA, tough to complete Set Your Sights without it.

Last edited by elusive1; Jan 3, 2015 at 1:01 pm
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
You can get it in the UK. Not sure where else it is available.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:32 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by elusive1
Do you have to be a citizen of the USA to apply for the card? I live outside the USA, tough to complete Set Your Sights without it.
you don't need to be a citizen, but i'm pretty sure you need a social security number to get through the application process.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
No need to be a citizen or Green card holder. A Social Security Number is required though. If you already have a card (I just got mine 2 weeks before the promo was announced) they will credit the points after the first statement balance.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:26 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Originally Posted by elusive1
In which country do you live?

I think here are different versions of the card for different countries. The UK certainly has an IHG card, managed my Barclaycard.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CAlex
No need to be a citizen or Green card holder. A Social Security Number is required though.
It is possible for a banker at a Chase branch to bypass that hurdle too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.