Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Bookable tomorrow.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I wish they wouldn't put two hotels so close together on it. 4 hotels in California and 2 of them are ten miles from each other.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by TelAvivLife
well - that sucks!!
To say the least...
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iggyray
Bookable tomorrow.
Oh, I thought it was today. They're really dragging this process out: better publicity, I guess.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Keep in mind that this is like a lottery, it does not work all the time.
Yes. Ask you need is one hotel. Not for me this time.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: Lotz
Any thoughts on the HI Budapest location? Doesn't seem too far out.

Also thinking of the CP Bucharest or CP Vilius and the HI Genoa.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:15 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by davem4
No australia, about 18th month in a row.
Not quite, there was the TSV HI on a list late last year.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Any thoughts on the HI Budapest location? Doesn't seem too far out.
It's actually in a suburb called Budaors (ie, the other word that you left out of the hotel name).

It's reasonably practical if you have a car and are not focused on Budapest "downtown", but rather on locations in the suburbs (such as the "communist park") or the environs.

It's not as practical if you are mostly focused on Budapest "downtown", as you will have to drive and park on each visit.

I stayed in Budapest proper for 4 days for Budapest "downtown", then I moved out to that Holiday Inn Budapest-Budaors for everything else (after renting a car). It wasn't too bad going back into "downtown" in the evening, after rush hour, to a restaurant I wanted to return to, but that was because parking wasn't as tied up by later in the evening as it tends to be all day.

All that's walking distance from the hotel is a shopping mall across the freeway (there's a walkway across the freeway).
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's actually in a suburb called Budaors (ie, the other word that you left out of the hotel name).

It's reasonably practical if you have a car and are not focused on Budapest "downtown", but rather on locations in the suburbs (such as the "communist park") or the environs.

It's not as practical if you are mostly focused on Budapest "downtown", as you will have to drive and park on each visit.

I stayed in Budapest proper for 4 days for Budapest "downtown", then I moved out to that Holiday Inn Budapest-Budaors for everything else (after renting a car). It wasn't too bad going back into "downtown" in the evening, after rush hour, to a restaurant I wanted to return to, but that was because parking wasn't as tied up by later in the evening as it tends to be all day.

All that's walking distance from the hotel is a shopping mall across the freeway (there's a walkway across the freeway).
I know Point Breaks are absurdly cheap, but Budapest is a cheap hotel city -- including many deals with loyalty points -- so I (literally) wouldn't go out of my way to use a Point Breaks there.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:32 pm

And one can only book 2 nights at the time ? or 2 properties for as many nights as one wants?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:47 pm

Max of 2 reservations per acct. A reservation can be at any hotel, for any amount of nights.

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
And one can only book 2 nights at the time ? or 2 properties for as many nights as one wants?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:04 pm

Max of 2 reservations per acct. A reservation can be at any hotel, for any amount of nights.
Thanks, I assume per published list not annual limit.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:15 pm

really? and what happens if you have more than 2 reservations?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by Yokdoc
really? and what happens if you have more than 2 reservations?
some accounts have been closed
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Only two PointBreak reservations total? So if I wanted to stay at three different hotels over the next few months I'd risk having my account closed?

Or is it max of 2 consecutive night reservations, such as booking 5 nights at the same hotel with each night in a different reservation? That I can sort of understand, them limiting to two total PointBreak reservations I cannot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.