Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I don't think you can do that, except by calling IHG and see what happens.
But it's not necessarily incorrect. If there is a special event, they can change the cancellation time for some dates.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Just completed a point break 1 night stay, at checkout my bill stated direct bill $26. That is a pretty low sum for the hotel to charge IHG. Would have thought it was more.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Just completed a point break 1 night stay, at checkout my bill stated direct bill $26. That is a pretty low sum for the hotel to charge IHG. Would have thought it was more.
You'd be surprised just how little hotels get for award nights if occupancy is low. I've had award stays with other chains where they were only billing corporate in that same ~$30 range so it's not that uncommon.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:56 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mster
You'd be surprised just how little hotels get for award nights if occupancy is low. I've had award stays with other chains where they were only billing corporate in that same ~$30 range so it's not that uncommon.
If the IHG hotel is 95% or more occupied, they get the average rate for the night. Less than that, it's normally $25. They don't get any tax. I had this discussion with a manager of an IHG hotel I am friends with just last week.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
Just to chime in, I had a 12 night stay show as $87 total on the bill. Occupancy was clearly low as I was given the top floor 19th without any questions asked what so ever. At the moment and I do need to update my status I am a lowly club member.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:09 am

Anyone stay at the Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi or Crowne Plaza Doha yet and care to share their experience? Definitely looked like two of the nicest properties on the list.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I got the same bill recently at a Hyatt. It was about $15.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
The incremental cost of the hotel for this room is even lower.
I'm told that even 5* are sold to tour operators in bulk at 30$ or less.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Never receive a bill from PB stay. Long time ago when they still offered CB on point stays I saw from $25 to $150/night.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Anyone stay at the Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi or Crowne Plaza Doha yet and care to share their experience? Definitely looked like two of the nicest properties on the list.
You'll find a few of us have posted our Crowne Plaza Doha experiences in the Crowne Plaza Doha thread!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
The incremental cost of the hotel for this room is even lower.
I'm told that even 5* are sold to tour operators in bulk at 30$ or less.
One time I had a 3 night point stay in Paris, peek summer season, got a suite upgrade, the bill was Euro2K! and it was direct bill to HH. That is the only time that I had seen a bill like that. So I assumed full suite price when above 95% capacity. Would that not be an incentive for the hotel to upgrade you, so they can bill corporate the most? I was lucky to get all the points (plus promo points) for that Euro2K.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
One time I had a 3 night point stay in Paris, peek summer season, got a suite upgrade, the bill was Euro2K! and it was direct bill to HH. That is the only time that I had seen a bill like that. So I assumed full suite price when above 95% capacity. Would that not be an incentive for the hotel to upgrade you, so they can bill corporate the most? I was lucky to get all the points (plus promo points) for that Euro2K.
Average daily rate invariably means

1. Sum total $$$'s income for all rooms that night
2. Divide Sum by number of rooms in hotel

That is then then average daily rate used by IHG, Hilton corporate in the 95%+ occupied scenario

Upgrading you (at no charge) to a room usually sold at higher rate will not change the result of the above calculation.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:46 am

You had a point stay and you got points credited? This happens often?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yokdoc
You had a point stay and you got points credited? This happens often?
The normal (room rate times multiplier) points? No, not often at all. (It's a mistake when it does happen.)

But an IHG Platinum getting credited check-in points (500 flat points per stay) on a points stay (or on a free night certificate stay), yes, that now happens often.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:12 am

I felt sorry when I saw the bill for my PB stay. And then, I found all my award stays regardless of how many points were redeemed, bills say $25 all the time. So don't feel sorry. It's not PB - it's IHG.

95% occupy rule mentioned above is interesting, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.