Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Enigma368
? I just booked a number of nights at 5000 points a night at the HIE Lake Perris, CA. It was at 15k points until 10am EST and then went down to 5k. The Beaumont(Oak Valley) property is showing at 5k also.

Maybe they are working through them.
You are right that could be a possibility if you verified the before and after availability for 5000.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mster
Booked the EVEN in Rockville for an upcoming business trip. It's pretty far out on the red line metro and the metro isn't cheap in DC so between $5 metro tickets and the hour transit time to get anywhere I'm not sure if this one is going to be worth keeping. Property looks nice though and is at least close to the metro.

Also booked a few weeks at the San Jose CP. Definitely seems to be the best urban / walkable location of all the listed properties so I'm not sure why it isn't getting more love...
I stayed there before. Actually is not that far from metro, maybe 12 minutes walk. The hotel also provides a shuttle.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by mediator
I stayed there before. Actually is not that far from metro, maybe 12 minutes walk. The hotel also provides a shuttle.
I said it was close to the metro in my comment... just that it's about as far outside of DC as one can get and still have metro access so you have to consider the ticket costs / commuting time vs cheap and more central alternatives in Crystal City. Mid March to Mid April around cherry blossom season this property will be a steal compared to anything else going ^
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
The hotel in Salt Lake City, Murray, Utah is still showing up at 20,000 points. I called IHG and the rep told me that that hotel is not on the list. I told her that it is showing up on my list. She said that it may have been revised but she had an email and the email does not have any hotels in Utah. Has anyone had any luck booking that hotel. My husband is going this weekend and I was trying to grab 5 nights. I know that the limit is 2.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Carter29072
The hotel in Salt Lake City, Murray, Utah is still showing up at 20,000 points. I called IHG and the rep told me that that hotel is not on the list. I told her that it is showing up on my list. She said that it may have been revised but she had an email and the email does not have any hotels in Utah. Has anyone had any luck booking that hotel. My husband is going this weekend and I was trying to grab 5 nights. I know that the limit is 2.
The limit is 2 *bookings* per hotel, per account.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mareh
Same. I am trying for PA also.
HI LANSDALE and HIX FRAZER-MALVERN never made it into the starting gate -- they were apparently pulled at the last minute.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: British Airways non-rev, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
The hotel in Salt Lake City, Murray, Utah is still showing up at 20,000 points. I called IHG and the rep told me that that hotel is not on the list. I told her that it is showing up on my list. She said that it may have been revised but she had an email and the email does not have any hotels in Utah. Has anyone had any luck booking that hotel.
I'm trying as well, showing 20,000 for me too.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:52 am
Suspended

I said it was close to the metro in my comment... just that it's about as far outside of DC as one can get and still have metro access so you have to consider the ticket costs / commuting time vs cheap and more central alternatives in Crystal City. Mid March to Mid April around cherry blossom season this property will be a steal compared to anything else going ^
Wrong -- Up the line still is Gaithersburg.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Originally Posted by simairlinenet
I'm trying as well, showing 20,000 for me too.
Have you tried to call? I don't have much confidence in the customer service reps that answer the phone. Every time they transfer me to someone else, I get disconnected. I am in a hurry to book this because my husband leaves tomorrow. I would really love to get this reservation.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you tried to call? I don't have much confidence in the customer service reps that answer the phone. Every time they transfer me to someone else, I get disconnected. I am in a hurry to book this because my husband leaves tomorrow. I would really love to get this reservation.
I would guess until http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...ds/pointbreaks is updated, IHG has not directly officially stated which hotels are on the list, right?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: British Airways non-rev, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
No, I haven't, sorry--I have a few others I'm trying to book too, so I'm unable to focus on just one.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:00 am
Suspended

Also booked a few weeks at the San Jose CP. Definitely seems to be the best urban / walkable location of all the listed properties so I'm not sure why it isn't getting more love...
Perhaps because the San Jose you are speaking of is located in Costa Rica and not the USA?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by username
I would guess until http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...ds/pointbreaks is updated, IHG has not directly officially stated which hotels are on the list, right?
I believe you are correct.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:02 am
Suspended

The hotel in Salt Lake City, Murray, Utah is still showing up at 20,000 points. I called IHG and the rep told me that that hotel is not on the list. I told her that it is showing up on my list.
Hmmm. Your list is not the Official List. Should I make up a wish list and call it "My List?"
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I've been able to book 1 of the 2 properties I was interested in. The other one doesn't seem loaded yet (12 noon EST).

This system -- "it loads when it loads" -- seems set up to waste the maximum amount of customer time possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.