Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2015 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by indivual hotel, chains or regions.

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/offers/packages/pcr_package?cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-GL-EN-ROF-AIX-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".

1000 Bonus poits at Indigo Hotels
http://www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotels/us/en/global/offers/packages/its_not_all_business?cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-US-EN-ROF-AIX-MHR-INNotAllBusiness.html

Get 1000 bonus points, a free breakfast and a free drink at particpating Indigo hotel. Not always worth the extra money, so do the math. Bonus points count as "qualification points".

Regular Promotions

Q1 Promotion

Set your sights promotion

Discussion and master thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1637199-next-big-ihg-promo-q1-50k-pts-more.html
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by zitsky
I'm seeing an ad here on FT for 100,000 IHG Rewards Club points for $565. I'm not sure when they expire. If they expire after a year I might not be able to use them fast enough. Does anyone know if this is a good deal?
in addition to chunky649's good advice, another way of looking at it, may be to consider say a two night reward stay, at a expensive 50K reward night IC, such as Paris, London, etc, if the base room is more than USD282.50 net inc taxes, then acquiring the points @.565 cents a good deal^
Old May 5, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
in addition to chunky649's good advice, another way of looking at it, may be to consider say a two night reward stay, at a expensive 50K reward night IC, such as Paris, London, etc, if the base room is more than USD282.50 net inc taxes, then acquiring the points @.565 cents a good deal^
That's basically correct, however on a paid stay you will earn points. If you value these at .565 cents then for a platinum member the break even is at USD 308.66:

( 50,000 + 308.66 * 15 ) * 0.00565 = 308.66.

Another thing you may want to add to the equation is that upgrades are often not given on award stays.
Old May 5, 2015, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
That's basically correct, however on a paid stay you will earn points. If you value these at .565 cents then for a platinum member the break even is at USD 308.66:

( 50,000 + 308.66 * 15 ) * 0.00565 = 308.66.

Another thing you may want to add to the equation is that upgrades are often not given on award stays.
good point, points accepted^ so c USD355 net, inc of taxes as the true comparative rate, and if a RA compare to two room categories up, and A, just the one level up, subject to the property reputation for giving benefits/including upgrades/lounge access on reward stays.
Old May 5, 2015, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by demue
Got this via email today (based in SIN):

Dear demue,

For a limited time, we’re making your stays at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts twice as rewarding. From 15 April to 31 August 2015, enjoy double IHG® Rewards Club points on restaurant dining, drinks and in-room services charged to your room. Register, stay with us and enjoy the culinary experience that has been meticulously prepared for you with the finest ingredients and flavours in exquisite settings. You will be within reach of Reward Nights even sooner than you think.

• What: Earn 2X points on room service, food and beverages, In-room movies, telephone and laundry services charged to your room.
• When: 15 April – 31 August 2015
• Where: InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa

Code is 2126, but of course when trying to register as a targeted recipient it says that it is not a valid code. IHG Marketing & IT at their best.

It can also be found here: http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...AMEN-_-HEROIMG
Just got an "exclusive" offer upgrading this to cover all spend including room rate. Registration went smoothly, for once.
Old May 5, 2015, 8:08 pm

delivered on their IT problem for the latest promo

May 2, 2015 | Other | Goodwill code
|
500 pts.
|
Old May 7, 2015, 2:22 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
But who wants to stay in a base room without breakfast? Unless you need all the service an IC could offer you, one is usually better off booking a higher category room at an independent hotel.

HTB.
Old May 7, 2015, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by htb
But who wants to stay in a base room without breakfast? Unless you need all the service an IC could offer you, one is usually better off booking a higher category room at an independent hotel.

HTB.
I don't usually eat breakfast so it's a waste anyway
Old May 7, 2015, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by htb

HTB.
we went on to augment that equation to include the respective property inclusion or not of benefits on reward stays, whether or not a RA or A, and the respective upgrade factor, ie if the property offered those on redemption stays, i don't disagree, staying in a base room with no benefits on reward stays is so ridiculous, it totally decimates any good points to the program, and i've never understood IHG's philosophy on that issue, when they implement benefits on reward stays, and lifetime RA, it will be the program worth driving business to.
Old May 7, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Calchas
I don't usually eat breakfast so it's a waste anyway
I do eat breakfast, but it's pretty much caffeinated beverage plus toast, bagel, or croissant. And the smell of other people's cooked eggs at breakfast has given me a queasy stomach since childhood.

So put me in the group that just doesn't find 'breakfast included' to be terribly useful. I'm more likely to pick up something from a corner bakery, even if breakfast is part of the room rate, if only to keep away from the egg smell.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Just got an "exclusive" offer upgrading this to cover all spend including room rate. Registration went smoothly, for once.
Yes I got the same invite. Comes in handy as I got 4 nights (3 paid, 1 on FWNC) coming up at IC Bali which will generate an extra 10k++ points or so for something I was going to spend anyways.
Old May 8, 2015, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Yes I got the same invite. Comes in handy as I got 4 nights (3 paid, 1 on FWNC) coming up at IC Bali which will generate an extra 10k++ points or so for something I was going to spend anyways.
was there a code for it?
Old May 9, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have to admit I didn't check the URL when I signed up and can't seem to locate the invite now. All I have is the confirmation and it does not mention the code. I did try to sign up my GF though and it did not work saying something along the lines that she does not qualify.

Also funnily, I checked under "My Offers" and while before I had like 5-6 different promos show under that section, now there is absolutely nothing, nada, zilch even though I'm signed up for 2-3 eligible, targeted promotions. Go figure.
Old May 10, 2015, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by ttw
I am very disappointed at the lack of a Q2 promotion for Europe and the ROTW, as Share Forever is restricted to the Americas. In addition I did not receive a stay x bonus email either therefore I can only assume that IHG don't want my business. I have now cancelled my stays for May. I don't remember a time when there wasn't a promo of some sort for a whole quarter?
+1 and in addition it seems that all promos are targeted these days.
The only reason to stay at an IHG hotel is if the price is much lower than
competitor's.
Old May 10, 2015, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by ttw
I am very disappointed at the lack of a Q2 promotion for Europe and the ROTW, as Share Forever is restricted to the Americas. In addition I did not receive a stay x bonus email either therefore I can only assume that IHG don't want my business. I have now cancelled my stays for May. I don't remember a time when there wasn't a promo of some sort for a whole quarter?
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
competitor's.
I messaged IHGSteve and asked about a promo for Europe and he said he hadn't heard anything. I did query the stay x, get x emails and apparently they were sent to Business Rewards members rather than a general release.

Last years summer promo emails (Stay x, get x) were sent out on May 1st last year but the actual window for stays didn't start until May 15th so I guess there is time yet for something. I'm sure historically there was also a short gap between one promo finishing and the other starting.

I'm not sure why they just didn't do share forever for everyone.
Old May 10, 2015, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
competitor's.
+1, it's difficult to understand their management strategy, given they're selling points for .0565, at this junction, their old gaming, and bonus incentives, making it fun, has gone out the window, along with an officious culture shift, that is bound to continue to turn customers away, i dropped from consecutive years of nights in the 200's at IC's exclusively, 408 paid suite nights in '13 incl an employee, to three paid, and 30 redemption nights last year, and just four paid nights this year, two free, just burning the points these days. IHG is disingenuous, not loyal to it's most loyal customers, and cannot be trusted. In the early days, when i voiced my disappointment, there were some that were defending IHG, i've noticed those guys are now of the same view. IHG is doing a wonderful job for their competitors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.