Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2015 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by indivual hotel, chains or regions.

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/offers/packages/pcr_package?cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-GL-EN-ROF-AIX-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".

1000 Bonus poits at Indigo Hotels
http://www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotels/us/en/global/offers/packages/its_not_all_business?cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-US-EN-ROF-AIX-MHR-INNotAllBusiness.html

Get 1000 bonus points, a free breakfast and a free drink at particpating Indigo hotel. Not always worth the extra money, so do the math. Bonus points count as "qualification points".

Regular Promotions

Q1 Promotion

Set your sights promotion

Discussion and master thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1637199-next-big-ihg-promo-q1-50k-pts-more.html
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
35 Days Paid Leave. Damn...I need to work in our European offices somehow
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by csyoung49
35 Days Paid Leave. Damn...I need to work in our European offices somehow
Or even better try for an Australian office - same paid leave but you also accrue long service leave - cue six month holidays every 10 years! Wish we had that in the UK!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Or even better try for an Australian office - same paid leave but you also accrue long service leave - cue six month holidays every 10 years! Wish we had that in the UK!
it was three months after the first 10 years, when i lived there, 14 years ago, it actually varies by State/Territory

Long Service Leave entitlements by State and Territory:

ACT: 6.066 weeks on full pay after each period of 7 years continuous service.

NSW: 8.6667 weeks on full pay after each period of 10 years continuous service.

WA: 8.6667 weeks on full pay after each period of 10 years continuous service.

SA: 13 Weeks on full pay after each period of 10 years continuous service.

QLD: 8.6667 weeks on full pay after each period of 10 years continuous service.

NT: 13 weeks on full pay after each period of 10 years continuous service.

TAS: 13 weeks on full pay in respect of the first 15 years continuous service and 8.6667 weeks in respect of every subsequent 10 years continuous service. (For mining workers, the entitlement is 13 weeks in respect of every 10 years of continuous service.

VIC: 8.6667 weeks on full pay after each period of 10 years continuous service.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
Time to move to the US a land of opportunities: huge credit card sign-up bonuses, extra promos, cheaper hotel rooms and free points to be later used in Europe's expensive properties when longing for the old continent

[end sarcasm]
the best thing about living in the US is the European holidays
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:26 am

What is the "Share forever" promotion worth if Americans have anyway only two or three weeks of holidays to spend per year usually going home to see loved one ?! IHG should rather offer us Europeans with at least 30 to 40 holidays per year more promotions. I am quite disappointed that there won't be a real Q2 promotion outside the Americas ... No well, to be honest IHG send me twice a mail that I would get 15.000 point if I stayed 18 nights ... They're gonna be kidding, I won't register for that ...
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Safiye2015
No well, to be honest IHG send me twice a mail that I would get 15.000 point if I stayed 18 nights ... They're gonna be kidding, I won't register for that ...
At least you have had that, quite a few of us have had nada.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Safiye2015
What is the "Share forever" promotion worth if Americans have anyway only two or three weeks of holidays to spend per year usually going home to see loved one ?! IHG should rather offer us Europeans with at least 30 to 40 holidays per year more promotions. I am quite disappointed that there won't be a real Q2 promotion outside the Americas ... No well, to be honest IHG send me twice a mail that I would get 15.000 point if I stayed 18 nights ... They're gonna be kidding, I won't register for that ...
Welcome to FlyerTalk Safiye2015, and good luck

Perhaps we Europeans have so much free time that there is no point in offering us a good deal?

On a serious note many of the IHG travellers are travelling on business.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:38 pm

IHG IT at its best, again

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for registering for our new promotion, Share Forever. Due to the high demand of our new promotion, you may have had difficulty registering. We apologize for any inconvenience, and because we value your loyalty, we're awarding you with 500 bonus points which will be automatically deposited into your account within the week. We've resolved the issues and look forward to your participation.

Have you thought about where you’d like to go this summer? Whom will you share your rewards with? More rewards and great experiences are yours until September 7. Book now so you can Share Forever!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:29 pm

will stays over the overlap dates b/t Set Your Sights & Share Forever double count??
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
Whilst in Europe we just twiddle our thumbs and wait........
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:40 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Where do you get 35 days in Oz, try 20 as the norm, 25 if you do shift.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
Where do you get 35 days in Oz, try 20 as the norm, 25 if you do shift.
that's right, four weeks annual leave in Aus, standard in the US is two or three i think, and no long service leave, no healthcare, and much higher property taxes, but the credit card bonuses are much better
Old May 4, 2015, 12:52 pm

I'm seeing an ad here on FT for 100,000 IHG Rewards Club points for $565. I'm not sure when they expire. If they expire after a year I might not be able to use them fast enough. Does anyone know if this is a good deal?
Old May 4, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by zitsky
I'm seeing an ad here on FT for 100,000 IHG Rewards Club points for $565. I'm not sure when they expire. If they expire after a year I might not be able to use them fast enough. Does anyone know if this is a good deal?
Historically, this is a good deal at 0.565c per point. The next best value is about 0.7c per point using an old method of flipping $$ for points.

Practically, whether this is a good deal depends on what you will do with the points. If you plan to buy the points and sit on it, then I don't recommend it. Lets talk through the points:

There are almost always a promotion where you watch a video or do a survey to get a token amount of miles. Keeping your miles from expiring once per year is not difficult.

Another way to look at it is that 100K points is good for 5 nights at 20K/night. That is easily spent on a vacation trip...

The counter-arguement is that it is often cheaper to book a room by $$, especially when you add in the fact that you are not restricted to IHG properties.

So, your concern may not be whether you can spend all 100,000 points before it expires, but the opportunity cost and psychological restriction you put yourself in to use these points in the future...

Don't fall for the idea that 100,000 points equal 20 point breaker nights. Unless you travel a lot, the chance of catching 20 point breaker nights is very slim. I've been taking ~4-5 vacation trips (totaling ~30 days each year), and can only catch 5 or so per year.

In my opinion, I would only buy these points if you have an upcoming trip, and have thoroughly researched the pricing (cash and points) and find these points advantageous.
Old May 4, 2015, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chunky649
If you plan to buy the points and sit on it, then I don't recommend it.
^

Originally Posted by zitsky
Many IHG properties are now 35k points / night. So it suggests you will be staying fewer than four/five nights in the next year? I'd just go to booking.com and find the cheapest rate matching your specifications in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.