Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2015 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by indivual hotel, chains or regions.

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/offers/packages/pcr_package?cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-GL-EN-ROF-AIX-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".

1000 Bonus poits at Indigo Hotels
http://www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotels/us/en/global/offers/packages/its_not_all_business?cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-US-EN-ROF-AIX-MHR-INNotAllBusiness.html

Get 1000 bonus points, a free breakfast and a free drink at particpating Indigo hotel. Not always worth the extra money, so do the math. Bonus points count as "qualification points".

Regular Promotions

Q1 Promotion

Set your sights promotion

Discussion and master thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1637199-next-big-ihg-promo-q1-50k-pts-more.html
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:32 pm

That's a pretty decent offer, shame it's only for APAC. Nice and straightforward as well.

Well most of the big chains have now shown their hand for the last third of the year. Even Hilton who are notorious for leaving it to the last minute have announced.

It will be interesting to see what IHG bring to the table. For Europe it can only be better than their summer offering.

If it's another Big Win/ITN etc I hope they have finally managed to sort out all the bugs.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Drat, doesn't work for me. A shame since that region is where I am until 2016.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 2:12 pm

Exclusive to IHG® Rewards Club Credit Cardmembers: Earn Over 20,000 Points

Going on vacation just became more rewarding as an
IHG® Rewards Club Credit Cardmember. Earn 10,000 points on your next stay at any Holiday Inn Club Vacation® resort between now and December 31st, 2015.

Plus, earn an additional 10,000 points by booking the 10,000 Bonus Point Package. And don’t forget, if you book and pay for your stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card, you earn 5X per $1 spent.*
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:17 pm

Greater China Sale

IHG seems to have launched a Greater China sale today, supposedly offering 50% discount rates.

YMMV, but it seems to me to be another bogus IHG sale - I checked some late October rates for Hong Kong, but they did not seems to be ANY LOWER than the usual rates that have been comiing up for the last week or so.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
IHG Accelerate Promotion Fall 2015

Started Accelerate Promotion:

Earn 50,000 total bonus points.
Complete all your offers to get 50,000 total bonus.

Register for our latest promotion, Accelerate, and start with 5,000 IHG® Rewards Club bonus points for your very first stay. Then complete the rest of your offers and earn up to 50,000 additional bonus points. This is another great opportunity to get you further, even faster. The time to Accelerate is now until 31 December 2015, so register and start booking today and get the most out of your stays! Don’t miss out.

September bonus offer.
Book in September stay once get 5000.

Stay Once Get 1,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 1,000 points.

Travel with the IHG® App
Book 2 stays with the IHG®App and earn 3,200 bonus points.

Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 nights and earn 9,200 bonus points.

Eat, Drink and Earn
Spend $60 on food or beverages at IHG® hotels and earn 700 bonus points.

Earn More, Faster
Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of 5 offers and earn (an additional) 33,900 bonus points.

Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Why not?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Anyone know whether the;

Eat, Drink and Earn
Spend $xx on food or beverages at IHG® hotels and earn xxx bonus points.

has to be in one stay, or is it cumulative?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by adobbing
Anyone know whether the;

Eat, Drink and Earn
Spend $xx on food or beverages at IHG® hotels and earn xxx bonus points.

has to be in one stay, or is it cumulative?
It can be cumulative. My task is to spend $440 and currently it is showing up as 50% completed as I have spent around $220 over a few stays.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by hclee01
It can be cumulative. My task is to spend $440 and currently it is showing up as 50% completed as I have spent around $220 over a few stays.
Thanks
I had to get the $38 restaurant spend added retrospectively by cs as it didn't register for points originally. It still doesn't show as counting towards target of $70.
I will chase up again!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Dia, PC Plt, Hyatt Plt, SPG Gld, Marriott Sil, Carlson Sil, Red Lion Plt
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien

Register for our latest promotion, Accelerate, and start with 5,000 IHG® Rewards Club bonus points for your very first stay. Then complete the rest of your offers and earn up to 50,000 additional bonus points. This is another great opportunity to get you further, even faster. The time to Accelerate is now until 31 December 2015, so register and start booking today and get the most out of your stays! Don’t miss out.
My account is not eligible for this promotion. I thought that these promotions were open to everyone. It's even shown on the promotions page on ihg.com
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien

September bonus offer.
Book in September stay once get 5000.

Stay Once Get 1,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 1,000 points.

Travel with the IHG® App
Book 2 stays with the IHG®App and earn 3,200 bonus points.

Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 nights and earn 9,200 bonus points.

Eat, Drink and Earn
Spend $60 on food or beverages at IHG® hotels and earn 700 bonus points.

Earn More, Faster
Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of 5 offers and earn (an additional) 33,900 bonus points.

"stay once" bonus, i.e. only 5 nights total are required for both?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: IHG Spire
Originally Posted by DEQ11
My account is not eligible for this promotion. I thought that these promotions were open to everyone. It's even shown on the promotions page on ihg.com
Is your earning preference set to miles by any chance?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Explore
I received something similar. Q: can the "stay 5 nights bonus" overlap with the
"stay once" bonus, i.e. only 5 nights total are required for both?
Yes, the first night also goes towards the overall total

In your case you only need a total of 5 nights
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
OMaaT Blog has info about "Priceless Surprises".

US Residents only, must pay with a Mastercard, Nov. 15, 2015 – Feb. 15, 2016. And the rewards are surprises, 1K points for the first stay, and after that it's a mystery...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...less-surprises
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by swag
OMaaT Blog has info about "Priceless Surprises".

US Residents only, must pay with a Mastercard, Nov. 15, 2015 – Feb. 15, 2016. And the rewards are surprises, 1K points for the first stay, and after that it's a mystery...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...less-surprises
The surprises are listed in the Official Rules, along with the odds of winning each, at least for the prizes outside the grand prize. Apparently, in the official rules, you can send in a 3x5 card with your information for a entry. (from MileNerd: http://www.milenerd.com/2015/11/yesterdays-ihg-promo/) There is a limit to 94 entries this way. The lowest level prize, 500 IHG points, has a chance of 1:1.18. If one ends up getting the 500 points every entry, basically for $46.06 in postage you end up with 47,000 points. I have some free time, I might try to do this just to see if it works. LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.