IHG Acquires Kimpton

Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by stimpy
If they take away the exclusivity of RA, then there will be no value to RA. Same at a lesser degree for AMB. IHG please do not dumb down your excellent program to the masses.
Ambassador has no exclusivity -- AFAIAC -- when anyone with a couple hundred dollars can get it. RA is exclusive and has become more so -- but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes so exclusive that it gets axed.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Ambassador has no exclusivity -- AFAIAC -- when anyone with a couple hundred dollars can get it. RA is exclusive and has become more so -- but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes so exclusive that it gets axed.
A couple hundred dollars is its own form of exclusivity. But as I said, less so.

People have been saying RA would be axed for years, but it's been going on for what, 20 years or more even back to the old Six Continents days. I think there are enough serious business travelers that IC enjoys and they won't get rid of the program.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
A couple hundred dollars is its own form of exclusivity. But as I said, less so.

People have been saying RA would be axed for years, but it's been going on for what, 20 years or more even back to the old Six Continents days. I think there are enough serious business travelers that IC enjoys and they won't get rid of the program.
I agree the rest of IHG rewards is poor and benefits are uncertain on a property by property basis. I only stay at IHG properties for RA, take that away and I take away my 100+ nights.

If anything IHG should extend RA recognition with clearer tangible upgrade benefits at non IC properties (this already happens at selected CP's)
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:34 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just logged into the IHG home page. There is now a "Kimpton Hotels" button to click on the top of the page.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by 355F1
Just logged into the IHG home page. There is now a "Kimpton Hotels" button to click on the top of the page.
Well, it is just a (discreet) link to the corporate internet site announcing Kimpton now part of the IHG family.

No ability yet to book a stay at Kimpton on ihg.com
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
It took IHG about 3 months to integrate Candlewood (their last brand acquisition) into what was then Priority Club back in 2004 so hopefully this sets a precedent. The press release states the transaction doesn't close until early 2015 so there certainly won't be booking via any IHG channels until then.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:14 am
Suspended

Yes, but if all goes according to plan and a realistic rate of integration, one should be able to use the free nights generated by Into the Nights by 4th quarter of 2015 and perhaps earlier!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:40 pm

The Kimpton acquisition was finalised today so hopefully the work now starts to integrate into IHG Rewards.

http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?Page...15&NewsID=3372
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:50 pm

FAQ's on Kimpton Website

Somewhat hidden but helpful:

https://www.kimptonhotels.com/ihg-faq
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Klarity7
Somewhat hidden but helpful:

https://www.kimptonhotels.com/ihg-faq
Anyone hear anything more recently? I hear crickets...
Old May 1, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: United 1K; HHonors Diamond; IHG Spire
Just wanted to send this back to the front page to see if anyone has heard more. (My apologies if this is discussed elsewhere; I searched through the forum and haven't found a more updated thread).
Old May 1, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by jeffery352
Just wanted to send this back to the front page to see if anyone has heard more. (My apologies if this is discussed elsewhere; I searched through the forum and haven't found a more updated thread).
The most I've been able to find is a tweet from IHGCare on April 23 stating "updates will soon be published regarding the integration"

I have a Kimpton booking in June, and it would be nice to earn IHG points on that stay. My guess is the earliest will be July as it could happen at the same time as the launch of the new IHG Rewards tier
Old May 1, 2015, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by davidw70
The most I've been able to find is a tweet from IHGCare on April 23 stating "updates will soon be published regarding the integration"

I have a Kimpton booking in June, and it would be nice to earn IHG points on that stay. My guess is the earliest will be July as it could happen at the same time as the launch of the new IHG Rewards tier
I think the very earliest will be July, quite possibly by September and perhaps realistically given their IT systems, January 1, 2016.
Old May 3, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Tit, LTP;Omni Black;IHG Spire; Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I think the very earliest will be July, quite possibly by September and perhaps realistically given their IT systems, January 1, 2016.
As a Kimpton IC, I hope never! Kimpton sold its soul for $ to IHG. Hotel prices are sky high now, they soon will crash again, like everything else in this really strange economy. Kimpton stockholders have done well. Maybe when the industry dies, they can buy their part back for pennys on $.
Old May 4, 2015, 11:30 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by davidw70

If there are going to be changes to the Kimpton IC program, I hope that what will be announced shortly is a timeline/roadmap for changes or integration, to be effective January 1, 2016 (for earning status for 2017) and for full implementation in 2017. The problem is that we are already almost half way through 2015, and Karma members have certainly been planning stays based on expected benefits for the 2016 status year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.