Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Set Your Sights promo 2015

Promo website: https://setyoursights.ihg.com

Promo Terms and Conditions: https://setyoursights.ihg.com/amer/us/en/terms/index

Dates: 1 January 2015 and 30 April 2015 (both dates inclusive)

FAQ:

What stays and nights qualify?

Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" or "night" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

Offer-specific Questions:

Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
A. No
Print Wikipost

Next Big IHG Promo for Q1 2015 - 50K Pts or More

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, Hertz PC
The first task on my list:

* Congratulations on achieving the bonus in our previous promotion. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

However, I have not and will have not achieved the bonus for the ITN promotion when it ends. So does that mean that I have no chance of completing the new promo? That would mean there's no incentive to try and I can take my business elsewhere. Good one, IHG!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:05 am

Congratulations on your Bonus. Stay 1 night (I still haven't completed Into the Nights - will by next week), earn 5,000 points.

Stay 16 nights and earn 12,800 bonus points.

Stay at 4 separate IHG properties in different countries outside of your home country earn 12,800 bonus points.

Book 7 stays directly through IHG App and earn 6,000 bonus points.

Stay 3 weekend, including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 5,600 bonus points.

Book 1 Mini Vacation with Holiday Inn Vacation Club and earn 5,000 points.

Apply for the IHG Rewards Card - 2,000 points

Complete 6 of 7 offers to earn an additional 18,000 bonus points.

I think I will only be earning the Congratulations on your bonus, as I don't thing I'll be staying more than a couple of nights at IHG properties. Maybe I'll apply for the IHG card.

This quarter, out of sheer luck, I stayed at IHG properties in 3 countries, outside of my own. I have no plans to visit 4 different countries next quarter.

Last edited by Jigen666; Dec 18, 2014 at 3:26 am
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
These promotions are getting worse and worse for me. Despite doing over 50 paid stays for each of the last 4 years, it has been impossible for me to achieve the targets they have set in any of the promotions throughout 2014 and now the first 4 months of 2015.

Little incentive for my continued custom
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
This one is worse for me as well; however, I can focus on re-qualifying for Hilton Diamond for the most part instead.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC RA Marriott Plat
How ridiculous can they be???

Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 30 nights and earn 18,000 bonus points.

Stay 12 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 14,400 bonus points.

Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property and earn 5,000 bonus points.

Earn 16,800 bonus points for staying at 3 IHG hotel(s) outside of your country of residence. You’ll earn for one hotel stay per country.

Apply here for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 2,000 points.

Complete 4 of 5 offers to earn an additional 19,000 bonus points.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by luckadoo
How ridiculous can they be???

Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 30 nights and earn 18,000 bonus points.

Stay 12 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 14,400 bonus points.

Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property and earn 5,000 bonus points.

Earn 16,800 bonus points for staying at 3 IHG hotel(s) outside of your country of residence. You’ll earn for one hotel stay per country.

Apply here for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 2,000 points.

Complete 4 of 5 offers to earn an additional 19,000 bonus points.
12 Saturdays WITH another night?

That's the worst one I've seen yet I think.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:16 pm

8,000 Travel with the IHG App: Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 8,000 bonus points.
8,000 Stay More, Earn More: Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 4 nights and earn 8,000 bonus points.
5,000 Mini-Vacation Package: Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property and earn 5,000 bonus points.
1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card: Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.
27,500 Complete 3 of 4 offers to earn an additional 27,500 bonus points.

It seems the mini-vacation package (aka time-share pitch) also earns 20,000 points outside of this promotion so that sweetens things a bit. Are the 3 nights from the mini-vacation considered qualifying nights thus counting toward the "Stay More, Earm More" offer? It's not really clear in the T&Cs.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:04 pm

Mine was nowhere near as bad as others I've read -- they let their computer go berserk on randomly choosing some of these hurdles. What's the point, I wonder?

I can skip one of them, so I thought, between the 12 nights and 5 weekends (10 nights), I thought it would be the latter. But then I checked where the Vacation Club places were located -- nowhere near me, or where I'd want to go. Are a lot of them around the Redneck Riviera, or have I got that faraway geography wrong?

Anyway, 10 weekend nights just ain't gonna happen Q1 next year, even though that's the cheaper rate in some of my foreign destinations. Better to stay at nearby boutique hotel, cheaper, and no hassle (or $50 upcharge) for my girlfriend coming in.

Initially, I thought, OK, 12 nights is about $1200, and 50k points is about $250, so there's my discount. But it's just not worth throwing in weekend mattress runs to chase $250. And that's the simple math of it, IHG.

I'll just take the few that fit my trips, and at least one has good 5k bonus offer, but probably not chase beyond what I get from those.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:57 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by SEAfarer
And that's the simple math of it, IHG.
This quarter I needed to overspend about $800 to get two "free" nights and some 50K points. It was simply not worth it, so I got 100 points for a survey and the IHG got exactly zero stays from me.

For the next promo I was offered 124K points, but unachievable numbers. After cancellation of my Ambassador status I'm now a happy owner of a brand new IHG account and quite doable goals for 50500 points. I expect to get 500 points for their app download, but since it's been over a year since their first tailored promo, I'm perfectly comfortable without the IHG in my life, so don't have any plans to stay at their hotels.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:22 am

I've got the dreaded Download the IHG App (Earn 500 bonus points and let your membership take you further when you download and sign into the IHG App. The IHG App allows you to get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more.) task to complete which i still haven't been given credit towards in the ITN promo. I'm going to have to go ahead and assume I wont be able to complete all the tasks due to that one.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SEAfarer
I can skip one of them, so I thought, between the 12 nights and 5 weekends (10 nights), I thought it would be the latter. But then I checked where the Vacation Club places were located -- nowhere near me, or where I'd want to go. Are a lot of them around the Redneck Riviera, or have I got that faraway geography wrong?
I can think of there of them on the 'Emerald Coast', which is the new marketing term for the FL Panhandle. And it counts as a nice winter day in January & February if we make it to 62F without the clouds and wind. On the bright side, I remember seeing dirt cheap rooms in Panama City Beach in January last year if anyone really needs the Resort nights.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Has your dashboard been updated on the Intothenights promotion to show all stays achieved - I've had that offer on the new promotion and have completed the previous ITN one but the dashboard hasn't updated nor the points credited!
I didn't have any problems with my dashboard in the last promo. It had always been properly updated.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:08 pm

My offer:

8,000 Travel with the IHG App
Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 8,000 bonus points.

8,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 4 nights and earn 8,000 bonus points.

5,000 Mini-Vacation Package

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

2,000 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more Bonus Points when you use a combination of points and cash.

25,500 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of 5 offers to earn an additional 25,500 bonus points.

Not impossible to finish but not too attractive either. Is the stay using point and cash also considered as qualifying nights/stay for " Stay More, Earn More"?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by theao1977
Is the stay using point and cash also considered as qualifying nights/stay for " Stay More, Earn More"?
No, because technically it's a standard reward night.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Here's the funny thing about the offer IHG gave me for next quarter:

I can earn the first 6,500 (out of 50k) points by staying just one night. That's 5k for "stay once" and 1500 for paying with the Chase CC.

To earn the other 43,500 points I would need to stay 10 more nights at an absolute minimum -- and that's only if I hop around with 10 one-night stays. That's a yield of of 4350 points (or less) per night.

I'm just going to do one paid night with IHG since that's the sweet spot in this promo. I'll swing the rest of my stays over to a chain that's making it more worth my while, like Marriott.

Last edited by darthbimmer; Dec 19, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.