Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indigo Paris Opera (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I still do not understand the interest to stay at Indigo Opéra, when IC is just 5 minutes walk
I dont like the opera old rooms. Just personal preference.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
I was a regular guest at the IC, having stayed in almost all types of rooms in the gigantic building. After introduction I shifted my business to the Indigo, for some reasons:
- location is identical, with a slight preference for the Indigo given the very quiet street it is in
- rooms are new & frsh, where in the IC rooms can be very torn and old
- the IC is huge, an enormous beast, where the Indigo is more boutique style
- less noise from the corridor in the Indigo versus the IC

I'm only wondering what happened with the reward availability of the Indigo since all dates seem to be blacked out at the moment...
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:47 pm

I booked the Indigo on points and a Visa certificate for five nights in the fall. (The other four nights will be at the Park Hyatt Vendome.) Is it worth it to stay here over the Holiday Inns in the area? I could also stay at the Hilton Opera, as a Diamond.

I know many love the IC, but the rooms don't sound great if you aren't Platinum Ambassador.

Last edited by mareh; Mar 29, 2016 at 3:44 pm
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Is this hotel blocking award availability? I cannot namely believe that each 365 days out are not available for awards.

I am looking into a "better" stay with my wife next month in Paris Fri-Sat. Is this Indigo still 40k? I cannot see, since all availability is blocked. What would be a second best option? IC Opera is 60k now and I don't have ambassador, only Spire, FWIW. Horrendous prices so I wish to use points. CP republique is 45k but I see 140€ish with cash so probably cash is better there if not anything better on points coming up...no Holiday Inn this time

Thanks for any help
Old Apr 10, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by FFlash
Is this hotel blocking award availability? I cannot namely believe that each 365 days out are not available for awards.

I am looking into a "better" stay with my wife next month in Paris Fri-Sat. Is this Indigo still 40k? I cannot see, since all availability is blocked. What would be a second best option? IC Opera is 60k now and I don't have ambassador, only Spire, FWIW. Horrendous prices so I wish to use points. CP republique is 45k but I see 140€ish with cash so probably cash is better there if not anything better on points coming up...no Holiday Inn this time

Thanks for any help
HIX La Villette or HI Montparnasse (and some others) could be good options to visit Paris.

Both of them are close to metro stations.

Montparnasse: just 15 minutes walk from Saint Germain des Près district

La Villette: North of living and creative districts of Paris.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

The prices are horrendous because Paris is already heavily booked through the summer. As for the IC, either one, I think now Spire does count for something. People are reporting Spire upgrades at many IC's around the world. Also, you could just buy an AMB membership to make the experience even better.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
HIX La Villette or HI Montparnasse (and some others) could be good options to visit Paris.

Both of them are close to metro stations.

Montparnasse: just 15 minutes walk from Saint Germain des Près district

La Villette: North of living and creative districts of Paris.
Yes, thanks for the helpful intention, but I know those and while not bad options, I know most of other IHG hotels in Paris, been there many many times, but so far never in more up-scale properties (if you may call CP "more upscale" )

I also see IC reports Spire getting something but... but...
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:31 pm

Thanks for any help
I was able to book award availability in March for this fall. There must have been only one award room available per night, because it wiped out availability for all five of my nights. It was 45K, not 40K.

Last edited by mareh; Apr 20, 2016 at 10:13 am
Old May 8, 2016, 10:53 am

So now I have followed this property for 4 weeks, checking two times a day the availability for the next 365 days with the "view available dates" function. Not a single award has popped up, so the conclusion is clearly that the property is blocking awards.
Old May 8, 2016, 11:08 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

So now I have followed this property for 4 weeks, checking two times a day the availability for the next 365 days with the "view available dates" function. Not a single award has popped up, so the conclusion is clearly that the property is blocking awards.
The "view available dates function" is broken. For some hotels, it shows no availability at all, and for others, it shows dates that aren't actually available.

This hotel does have award availability, but Paris is in great demand, and the Indigo doesn't have a lot of rooms to begin with, thus not many award rooms. I redeemed over half a million points and several free night certificates here. I generally quite like Indigos, and this one is among my favorites.
Old May 8, 2016, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
The "view available dates function" is broken. For some hotels, it shows no availability at all, and for others, it shows dates that aren't actually available.
Okay then, thanks for pointing out that. Very odd that they have a tool which is broken for quite some time

Well, I don't have an issue not getting a room at Indigo, I was more curious to follow up how award inventory develops, and I was indeed baffled to see no dates, so it must be the broken tool! What a waste of time searching in vain
Old May 9, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I tried to book three nights in December at this property and also found no availability. Checked a few different sets of dates and then called. The rep I spoke with confirmed that she saw no award dates the entire month of December. I booked the IC Le Grand instead but I would have preferred the Indigo, as it's more my style. I'm IHG Spire but have no IC status so I don't expect any special treatment at the Le Grand.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:31 am

My spouse and I recently stayed at the Indigo for four nights. We're both Platinum, and used two Visa certificates and two award nights. After the first three nights, we left Paris for a night, and the hotel held our luggage for us.

We found all of the front desk staff to be EXTREMELY accomodating. Our first three nights were in a duplex suite, and the last was in a standard room. (I think. It was still a good size by European standards.)

Both rooms had a wooden floors with an area rug. The bedroom of the suite was reached by a steep set of stairs, and the ceiling up there slopes, so that may not be what some people want but we certainly enjoyed it. It also had a second half bath. The half bath is strange in that they don't seem to expect people to use it for getting ready. It had the smallest sink we'd ever seen, and just one face cloth sized hand towel. It wouldn't take much for them to upgrade it a bit, as it's big enough.

Other than the very strange murals on the wall, we liked the decor. Both rooms had a soft chair, a sofa, a small round table, and a very useful small refrigerator stocked with four small cans of soda/juice.

The other thing I should mention is how quiet this place was. The suite was on the sixth floor, and the room was on the third floor overlooking the pedestrian street. We only heard other guests twice the entire stay, and that was because they had a kid who was running in the hall. Other than that, we felt like we were the only ones there.

I know a lot of people were deciding between this hotel and the nearby IC. We chose this one as it was unlikely we'd get an upgrade at the IC. I don't have any regrets, and also think the facility was worth the extra points over one of the Holiday Inns. (Having been to Paris a number of times, some of the Holiday Inns have a better location in some respects. We were moving to the Hyatt Vendome after the Indigo, and wanted both hotels to be in the same area.)

Last edited by mareh; Sep 26, 2016 at 6:43 am
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mareh
We were moving to the Hyatt Vendome after the Indigo, and wanted both hotels to be in the same area.)
But not the same league indeed
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: IHG

Thanks for any help
The hotel has only 57 rooms, of which they're only obliged to offer up 5% for award nights.

So, that's basically 2 rooms per night. That'll likely be the reason for availability being so poor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.