Community
Wiki Posts
Search

welcome points for platinum member in holiday in welcome points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sleuth
OP - Email the GM of the hotel. I recently had two stays at a HIX where the 500 points failed to credit. I emailed the hotel directly, and within a couple hours got a response from them apologizing, crediting the 1k points, and giving me 5k points as compensation. All I asked for was the 1k points.
I had a similar resolution at a Crowne Plaza when the 600 points were still missing a week after check out; when I called, the manager DID insist on checking my IHG account (which she was able to access without my password, by the way) to verify nothing had gone through, she gave me an additional 10K for having been assured at check-in and check-out that they'll post "soon" and being told to contact IHG directly when they didn't post along with the stay (I had; they referred me back to the hotel).
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
do international properties also give bonus points at check in or just US properties? had a points stay in London that hasn't shown up yet as non qualifying stay and no welcome points either. just wondering
Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
I recently had 3 IHG stays, 2 paid for, 1 reward. The reward stay and one of the paid stays credited the 500 points immediately (after asking at check in if I wished a "gift" or the points). On the other paid stays it wasn't mentioned at check in so I queried it and was told they had opted out of those sort of promotions to ensure that they were able to give all customers better rates.

I since called the hotel and have been given the same response, albeith from anoth staff member. IHG customer case won't look into it as they say it is discretionary on the part of the hotel so just be aware if you don't get anything there will be no help forthcoming to secure you the points.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:29 am

Promo wheel for platinum

HI Mt Kisco NY has a wheel for Platinum members to spin with different "prizes"...they were okay giving me points instead of the free breakfast I landed on
Old Oct 6, 2014, 10:29 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ncgator
do international properties also give bonus points at check in or just US properties? had a points stay in London that hasn't shown up yet as non qualifying stay and no welcome points either. just wondering
I got points in Europe and the US, but not in China or Hong Kong.

HTB.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:33 pm

I got a 1000 points voucher at UK HI recently?!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by sleuth
OP - Email the GM of the hotel. I recently had two stays at a HIX where the 500 points failed to credit. I emailed the hotel directly, and within a couple hours got a response from them apologizing, crediting the 1k points, and giving me 5k points as compensation. All I asked for was the 1k points.
I had a stay at a Crowne Plaza a few weeks ago where the 600 platinum welcome points didn't post even though the stay and elite bonus points did post. I emailed the GM, as sleuth recommended, and he very promptly responded and referred it to the Frond Office Manager. She posted the points the same day and 5K additional points for the inconvenience. I am very impressed with how quickly and easily the matter was resolved.

--Jon
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:57 pm

In Germany you can always choose between a welcome drink or points.. I think about 250 or so
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
How about the Budapest IC?
How do you get the GM's email?
I tried through chat but couldn't get it.

Last edited by anngi; Oct 10, 2014 at 4:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.