Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cheapest ihg properties..

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Think again =)
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
For lowest rates in the US, look at Sunday night if you are searching hotels in a large city. Since business travelers usually don't arrive until Monday some good prices can be found. For example, Chicago Indigo downtown is as low as $65 for some Sundays in December.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
the HIX at Semarang, Indonesia was going for $35 or so a night. I even got upgraded to a suite... lol
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:41 pm

I may be able to do some check in for cheap properties in China if they fit into my travel plans. Think $40-50 properties not $30. PM me.

I can get special discounts at a few properties too.

Last edited by Shimon; Sep 18, 2014 at 6:07 am
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Same here. Shanghai only.

Originally Posted by Shimon
I may be able to do some check in for cheap properties in China if they fit into my travel plans. Think $40-50 properties not $30. PM me.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: LH Sen
Ocean City, MD has a $49 midweek November/December rate with a 7 day advance purchase.
Some have reported success checking in by phone, and explaining the whole "mattress run" to the hotel rep in the other end of the line. If the hotel is a franchise property they don't care what you do with the room, and they get a bit extra money during the low season.

In Dulles Airport area outside DC there are some weekend rates of $59
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:14 pm
Suspended

I just hope IHG personnel are reading this thread and will bring the hatchet down on those who subvert the rules.....
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I just hope IHG personnel are reading this thread and will bring the hatchet down on those who subvert the rules.....
Yes, please volunteer your name and IHG number for them to verify.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hamburglar
Yes, please volunteer your name and IHG number for them to verify.
I see no reason to do so as I have no intention on breaking their rules.

On the other hand, you have declared in writing your that your stated aim is to contravene their rules; consequently, since you are in the habit of volunteering others I think that you should be the first to do so.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:14 pm

On the other hand, you have declared in writing your that your stated aim is to contravene their rules; consequently, since you are in the habit of volunteering others I think that you should be the first to do so.
Hmm, the idea with the promotion is to get you to pay for room nights. I don't see how paying for a room yet not physically being in the room is a bad thing. I think most hotels would approve.

My argument saying it is legit is just as legitimate as your argument saying it is
wrong. In the end, neither of our opinions matter a lick. Until one of us is running a local IHG hotel, or running the IHG rewards program, neither of us can win this argument.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eltex
Hmm, the idea with the promotion is to get you to pay for room nights. I don't see how paying for a room yet not physically being in the room is a bad thing. I think most hotels would approve.

My argument saying it is legit is just as legitimate as your argument saying it is
wrong. In the end, neither of our opinions matter a lick. Until one of us is running a local IHG hotel, or running the IHG rewards program, neither of us can win this argument.
Oh, one can certainly win this argument.

Go ahead and book your stay and see if you can get them to check you in and give you stay credit, if that is what you wish.

Then, if IHG finds out about it and locks your account pending their audit and then decides you broke their rules and your account is terminated -- See Account Terminated thread -- and you will have lost all your accumulated points, I venture that you will know very well whose argument carried the day.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:05 pm

Out of curiosity: which rule are you breaking when you check in, check out (by phone), pay for the room but never enter the room?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:39 pm

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, WJ, Avis Preferred, Hertz Gold, Fairmont PC, IHG, Marriott, Airmiles, Aventura,Avion
Why is there always a negative nelly on these threads? I can't see why a hotel would care if you paid in full for a room, at the price they posted, but didn't actually mess up the room, sleep in the bed, use the toilet and fill the garbage. Not using the room but paying for it just makes it easier for them to turn it around to the next customer. Housekeeping staff would certainly be happy.
I'm all for this and have been trying to figure out how to get more IHG points and would love love love help. I'm in Toronto, by the way, going to Vancouver in October. Not sure how long this promo is on for.
I have about 8000plus points that I can't do anything with since I've mainly been staying at another hotel building loyalty points there. Now that IHG doesn't transfer anywhere anymore, I wanted to build up the points a bit to actually use them at a decent property in the future.
Please PM if you are willing to give me advice on how to do this. Thanks in advance.
By the way, Marriotts and other hotels allow online check in, doesn't IHG hotels? There must be a way to do this.

Last edited by westcoastgal; Sep 21, 2014 at 11:40 pm Reason: online check in
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
...if IHG finds out about it and locks your account pending their audit and then decides you broke their rules and your account is terminated.... and you will have lost all your accumulated points....

I can understand the caution you express here, but your original comment (below) was extraordinarily visceral. I think its intemperate and uncompromising nature prompted the response of other posters.

At the end of the day, checking in online but never reaching your room is not a capital offence.

I've read many reports of mattress runs where bedsheets are ruffled but never feel the warmth of a body between them.

I even remember the argument that sheet ruffling was an unnecessary refinement, the mere act of checking in at the desk was sufficient condition for the reservation to be transformed into a stay. Surely an online check-in is simply a manifestation of the same process.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I can understand the caution you express here, but your original comment (below) was extraordinarily visceral. I think its intemperate and uncompromising nature prompted the response of other posters.

At the end of the day, checking in online but never reaching your room is not a capital offence.

I've read many reports of mattress runs where bedsheets are ruffled but never feel the warmth of a body between them.

I even remember the argument that sheet ruffling was an unnecessary refinement, the mere act of checking in at the desk was sufficient condition for the reservation to be transformed into a stay. Surely an online check-in is simply a manifestation of the same process.
Ian --

You are correct about the visceral.

As to a remote check-in, those who wish to do so should surely do so -- if that is what they wish.

Of course, it is unlikely to register any credit, but they are free to do so.

As to sheets not being ruffled, there is nothing against the rules not to use the room, but you must check in and physically show up at the front desk -- otherwise, you likely won't get credit, and second, booking a room in a remote part of the world with a weak currency will qualify many for the promotion, and I am quite confident that IHG will not permit this.

As to others who wish to register comments about my raining on their supposed parade, they are free to do so.

Although not a prolific poster in this forum, if they were to venture to the Marriott forum, they would know that I have nothing about legitimately angling for a great deal, I just think one should stay within the rules, that's all.

Although Marriott may permit online check-in, you don't get stay credit unless and until you physically show up at the property -- but you are free to attempt your "experiment." On the other hand, Marriott may overlook your attempt to game their promotion, however IHG may not, but then again Westcoastgal, you would be a perfect candidate to try since you report that you have so few points.

Perhaps you would like to report back to your colleagues how well you fare in such a maneuver?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.