Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by mixx
Can anyone tell me how I can track this on my profile? when I click the link from here https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glo.../member-offers … it doesn't work. Just redirects me to a blank screen.

Thanks
I've had the blank screen all day - the system seems down (for a protracted period). If I were still 20, I'd be optimistic and say they're fixing all the problems (after having sacked the old IT lot). As I'm a grumpy older bloke, I'm not holding up much hope though...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by MNManInKen
I've had the blank screen all day - the system seems down (for a protracted period). If I were still 20, I'd be optimistic and say they're fixing all the problems (after having sacked the old IT lot). As I'm a grumpy older bloke, I'm not holding up much hope though...
Ok didnt realise this. Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by maroonsocks
1) Like many others here, I registered immediately upon receiving my announcement email on Sept 4. My account lists me as registering Sept 10. I had one stay completed before Sept 10, so that had to go in as an adjusted stay.
Yes similar issue here. I am still chasing IHG to post a stay on 5th Sep. Apparently their system shows that I am registered on 11th. Looks like IHG Customer service did not know there is an issue here.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:07 am

It's ironic that today when I have a stay post that finishes one of my tasks is the same day I get an email for withdrawing points for that same task being erroneously awarded.

Dashboard has not been updated changing the task to not completed.

I wonder what are the odds that next Tuesday my Dashboard properly shows the 3 tasks completed that I have completed? The stays will all have posted by then.

I had always assumed that this promo was to take either 50,000 points or 2 free nights. That's not what it is at all, by not completing the Saturday night stays means I won't potentially get 50,000 bonus points, just 42,000. But what I will take is the points for the 4 tasks (21,300) I will have completed plus the two free night certs, which is pretty good.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:31 am

I've been getting the blank screen since last night. Still blank this morning.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Originally Posted by chrism20
The book with the app task proves the IT works as this one appears to be tracking fine, it looks like they have forgot to program the number of stays required in and then tried to do it at a later date - probably when the emails started flooding in asking why their x points haven't credited for doing what they were told or asking why the little circle was showing 1/90 when the requirement was one.
It may be working for you, however I booked two stays with the app (that was my book and stay requirement after it went up from 1) and completed them 2 weeks ago as well and my dashboard hasn't updated.

I think there are a lot of inconsistencies. I wouldn't be too quick to let their IT folks off the hook someone(s) at IHG has screwed up BIG TIME. It's also possible they got a bad data load from marketing and then went to fix it and made things worse. I work in IT, I'm an infrastructure guy not a programmer but when I used to do a lot of DB work we saw things like this all the time.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I've been getting the blank screen since last night. Still blank this morning.
+1
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Holy smokes. It's just got updated. I did email last night to ask if the tracker was going to get fixed and that I was missing things. Has it been updated for anyone else? Now we'll see if I get the points updated correctly.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:16 am

Yes. Updated for me. Shows book with IHG app achieved after one stay.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: SPG Gold
I can check my dashboard, but my stays haven't updated.

Last edited by bentrmpt; Oct 24, 2014 at 10:46 am Reason: Dashboard Works
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by bentrmpt
I still get a blank screen when trying to check my dashboard.
Same...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
So I emailed IHG care. I don't think the representative even read my email. She basically reiterated what I need to do to complete "stay more", as if I didn't know already. She completely ignored my primary concern - the fact that "weekender" was reset despite having completed it. Frustrated, I took it to Facebook, where I was asked for my number, which I provided. Again the response was worthless. Steve tells me I can "technically" proceed with the second set of offers and does nothing for the first set other than forwarding it to "tech support". After responding back that his response makes no sense, Brenda apologizes and asks me to mail IHG care and to also respond to her with my IHG number and Facebook name. Really Brenda, I'm emailing you FROM Facebook and gave you my IHG number upthread. This is really becoming a joke...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: IC RA
I can now get into the dashboard but the download the app task has not been updated to show complete after one booking and stay.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Originally Posted by torcross
I can now get into the dashboard but the download the app task has not been updated to show complete after one booking and stay.
Same, site back up, no changes at all...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by torcross
Same here, though number of booked stays needed is now back to 1.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.