Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I just got a response from an enquiry I made as to why a stay I made on the 6th of Sept hasn't posted to this promo.

basically they are saying I didn't register until the 11th (i.e after the stay), when I registered the the first day it was possible to do so (think that was the 4th ). the IHG offer status page says I registered on the 11th.

I'll have to wait til I get home to see if they sent a sign-up confirmation email, that I can use as evidence to counter their wrong info.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dddscy
Survey counted today.
I've got the points, but isn't showing as a completed task!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chrism20
I don't think that's the issue tbh as even with no drop down option the card is easily recognisable by the first six digits all they would have to do is run a sweep for reservations done with cards starting 492912

Plus they obviously have all the card details from the bonus points that posted last week.

When was the stay?
22nd.

The stay counted/posted for HI requirement, for foreign travel requirement, as well as general number of stays required, just not for the Visa card.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
22nd.

The stay counted/posted for HI requirement, for foreign travel requirement, as well as general number of stays required, just not for the Visa card.
i wonder if they have set it up to only check for uk transactions on the card. That's about the only explanation I can think of for it. They might be checking the card rather than the reservation. There is more chance of the information coming from Barclays to be accurate than the hotel.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Feels good to have the survey post as completed. Will be a sprint to the finish line with all my stays for this promo booked for December under the IHG Special Rate.

Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:56 am

Frustrating that the latest Tuesday update did not include showing that the 2nd stay was booked with the app. My first experience with bugs and IHG promos. Of course, I will have more stays booked with the ap so should still make the quota of 3.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
1 year, usually. The points do not expire. The free nights are subject to availability. So if you are planning your honeymoon you could literally call where you want to stay and they can say, "Sorry - free nights are not available on those dates...."

Best of luck to you both.
bb
thanks for both answers!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Haven't gotten one credit, nor has the GF.. I've completed all tasks.. She half.. Quite annoying.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think that's the issue tbh as even with no drop down option the card is easily recognisable by the first six digits all they would have to do is run a sweep for reservations done with cards starting 492912
And this is true for cards issued in all jurisdictions?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
the card is easily recognisable by the first six digits all they would have to do is run a sweep for reservations done with cards starting 492912
My HHonors Platinum VISA card [also issued by Barclaycard] starts with exactly the same six numbers...
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
And this is true for cards issued in all jurisdictions?
Pretty much and definitely in the UK where card for the transaction in question is managed.

4 is Visa
5 is MasterCard

I can't remeber what the rest are off the top of my head. The next few numbers in the card number identify the issuer, in this case it's Barclaycard then the next few determine what kind of Barclaycard it is before the actual customer number finishing off with a check validation number at the end.

If you google it you will find out more. When I was a student I worked for HBOS Card Services and they taught us about it all then.

Last edited by chrism20; Oct 1, 2014 at 12:18 pm
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
My HHonors Platinum VISA card [also issued by Barclaycard] starts with exactly the same six numbers...
the old barclaycard freedom also started with this also as it's the ID code they use for their reward cards. I probably should have been clearer. They will search the system for reservations made using cards that start with that, they can then match this to the master list that they will hold on file of black cardholders (they will have this as they have just emailed is a promotion in August and they also have to make us Plat every year) any reservations that flag up on the list will qualify for the promotion.

It's very easy to scan the system from their end for the transactions. the reports they can get on us and our spending patterns is frightening.

Last edited by chrism20; Oct 1, 2014 at 12:32 pm
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by lz80521
Glad to see stays starting to be posted into the dashboard.

My two HI stays booked via IHG app have been posted under "Change your view" (stay at two HIs) but the "Book on the IHG app" wheel shows only one is completed. Anyone with similar problem?
Emailed IHG and then received this response:

"......
As we are having some technical difficulties with the Into the Nights page, please allow 7-10 days for the Into the Nights dashboard to update.
......"

IHG customer service never surprises me.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by tangey
I just got a response from an enquiry I made as to why a stay I made on the 6th of Sept hasn't posted to this promo.

basically they are saying I didn't register until the 11th (i.e after the stay), when I registered the the first day it was possible to do so (think that was the 4th ). the IHG offer status page says I registered on the 11th.

I'll have to wait til I get home to see if they sent a sign-up confirmation email, that I can use as evidence to counter their wrong info.
I signed up on the fourth (first day of the promo) but my dashboard showed the 8th. I sent an inquiry under missing points and received back an email saying that they had technical difficulties and would change it back to the 4th. This hasn't happened yet but I also haven't pressed the issue because the only hurdle that is affected by the date is one I am not pursuing (don't need it for the bonus nights and not worth it in my opinion).

you might try sending a missing stay request and see what response you get. Good luck. if you pm me I can try to forward the email sent to me.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
I had a stay post for 2 of my hurdles but not all it should have counted for. it was a HIX reservation online for a sat stay. I got credit for the online resv, the sat stay but not the HIX stay.

anybody else have any similar issues where a stay did not count for all the hurdles it should have?

I called cs and they said it would be taken care of but that 3 days ago. so I guess I better give it a week before I inquire again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.