Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHGs discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by blindman
That helps a lot ^

The problem with the "Flash Sale" is that some rates are barely cheaper than BFlex rate, whilstl others are about 50% cheaper.
and there are no specifics about "qualifying"

Anothere marketing c*ck up for IHG.

So IHGCare where the hell are you?
Always the way with these types of promotions. Sometimes you can bag a bargain, sometimes you can't. Especially for the time of year you have to bear in mind that hotels can be very quiet or busy depending on the location and the type of clientele they attract- eg business orientated hotels can by very quiet whilst leisure ones can be very busy and as the promotion rates are fixed on some dates they wont look really appealing.

When interstate UK do their IHG promotions (You can register for their promos here) the discount is usually off the Best Flex rather than AP, on some occasions the AP is cheaper, then on other occasions you can bag a decent bargain. Also their pros usually qualify for elite/promos etc.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Blindman --

Entertainment Rate is from a card that has somewhat gone out of fashion, that used to give discounts on restaurants, travel etc., but many of their advertisers have taken instead to discounting thru groupon, living social and the like, so the card does not have as good offerings as it once had.

However, at least in the US, there is a drop down box that supports the Entertainment rate, that sometimes can be almost the same as a AAA or senior rate, but many times is very deeply discounted and much better than these. AAA and Senior/AARP rates do earn points, but Entertainment Discounted rates do not.

Entertainment rates used to accumulate IHG points and IHG with their up to date IT, as of a few years ago, would still have a page stating when you booked that rate, you would earn X points = 10 times your room rate, which is normal. However, that was truly wrong, because despite what the booking page said, they determined it was a deeply discounted rate and would not award you any points.

As it became commonly known that it was wrong, and despite what the booking page stated, no points were given because it was a deeply discounted rate and I an probably others would no longer book those rates. Nevertheless, it still had some appeal to some people who cared squat about points accumulation as the drop down for that rate is still evident on the IHG.com website in the USA.

I have not tried to book such a rate recently, so I don't know if the booking page still states that points will be earned despite the clear indication that this is not the case.

Consequently, my inquiry as to whether that is what the booking page stated with respect to the Flash sale. Sadly, apparently unlike last year as has been reported, the terms and conditions are silent on points earning and promotional purposes.

Good luck, but at least with me, I am highly averse to booking a non-refundable rate without knowing that it actually will turn out well for me in the end, otherwise, I would pass.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Oct 31, 2014 at 7:43 pm
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
Can anyone confirm whether booking through Mr Rebates or other cash back sites will qualify? I saw a couple people asked about booking through cash back sites but I didn't see that anyone answered. If someone can confirm and add it to the Wiki that would be helpful (the Wiki references a points portal but I assume this is different than a cash back site). Mr. Rebates takes one to the IHG website to book, so I assume such bookings would qualify.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
What's kind of funny is that obviously IHG feels the first go-rounds with this were such a glitch-free success: "Let's Do Another!"
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AtlantaAngel
Can anyone confirm whether booking through Mr Rebates or other cash back sites will qualify? I saw a couple people asked about booking through cash back sites but I didn't see that anyone answered. If someone can confirm and add it to the Wiki that would be helpful (the Wiki references a points portal but I assume this is different than a cash back site). Mr. Rebates takes one to the IHG website to book, so I assume such bookings would qualify.
As I recall, CalItalian confirmed it was a go earlier in this thread.

Just to be sure try searching again with/without his name to confirm.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:29 pm

Do you have to actually stay at the hotel?

I just need one more night at a EVEN Hotel to complete the entire promotion. The only problem is I don't live near one. If I pay and not check in, does it still count?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
As I recall, CalItalian confirmed it was a go earlier in this thread.

Just to be sure try searching again with/without his name to confirm.
I can reconfirm it now. One of my tasks in this promo was to complete 30 nights. ALL were book through cashback portals. I got the cashback (from both ebates and Mr. Rebates) and I already completed that task (and it's posted on the Into the Nights page).
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:56 pm

One of my task is 'Download IHG apps' for 500 points, how does IHG know that I have downloaded the apps? Anyone has any idea? Thanks a lot beforehand.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If the requirement doesn't specifically state you must have an app-booked stay, make a refundable booking with a date long after the promotion is over, That way, you could always keep it as pending with a promotion-qualifying date of booking for IHG to see.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
One of my task is 'Download IHG apps' for 500 points, how does IHG know that I have downloaded the apps? Anyone has any idea? Thanks a lot beforehand.
Presumably from you signing in with your Rewards Club account number from within the app after you've downloaded and installed it.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:13 am

My download the app required booking one stay for 500 points. Yours doesn't?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 1:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CalItalian
I can reconfirm it now. One of my tasks in this promo was to complete 30 nights. ALL were book through cashback portals. I got the cashback (from both ebates and Mr. Rebates) and I already completed that task (and it's posted on the Into the Nights page).
^^
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:05 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Originally Posted by airxhead
I just need one more night at a EVEN Hotel to complete the entire promotion. The only problem is I don't live near one. If I pay and not check in, does it still count?
No, 'No shows' do not count
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by airxhead
You don't have to stay-but someone has to check in.

As per the last Big Win you could always ask a friendly FT'er to do it for you.

Basically you book and pay for the room (ADV purchase) with you as primary, then add the FTer name as secondary.

They check in and if they like stay the night.

No- I do not live near any EVEN hotels-but I'm sure many do
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:19 am

I need 1 more Sat. night to complete a task worth 8,000 points, but have a longstanding 3 night personal leisure stay booked on points which includes a Sat. night.

I was thinking creatively to change to 3 separate reservations:
Fri. on points
Sat. paid stay
Sun. on points

Or is it easier doing a cheap local mattress run ??

Can any of you experienced campaigners please comment if this idea looks ok.

Thanks

Last edited by joey1963; Nov 1, 2014 at 3:24 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.