Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
I downloaded the app (ipad) and still no love - not even recognized that the app was downloaded.
It took around 20 days for the system to show that I had booked one stay via the app. In the interim, it displayed the download link.

I did complain about a week ago about my offer going up to book 10 stays and also that I had booked one stay. I did get the response back that the original offer would be restored, but they didn't address why it didn't show I had done one booking. Maybe it's just taking a while to work through.
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
However - I had received by email an offer for an 80k bonus on the credit card, so I signed up for that vs the 60k in the into the nights offer. Got full credit for that with Into the Nights with no issue whatsoever.
^ ^The IHG credit card is about the best deal around. For $49, you're platinum (more points per stay plus welcome bonuses), you get a boatload of points, and every year you get one free night. Helluva deal. Nicely done.

David
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by DiverDave
It took around 20 days for the system to show that I had booked one stay via the app. In the interim, it displayed the download link.

I did complain about a week ago about my offer going up to book 10 stays and also that I had booked one stay. I did get the response back that the original offer would be restored, but they didn't address why it didn't show I had done one booking. Maybe it's just taking a while to work through.
^ ^The IHG credit card is about the best deal around. For $49, you're platinum (more points per stay plus welcome bonuses), you get a boatload of points, and every year you get one free night. Helluva deal. Nicely done.

David
I was a little surprised I did not have to fight for the CC application, but might have to write in for the app download. it's been 1.5 months since the download, so who knows. But - I did change the booking at the last minute so that might be throwing a wrench into things.

I am liking the CC benefits. My travel patterns have us burning the most points/stays in Europe, where there are plenty of IHG properties, so hopefully it works out well.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
How long did it take for CC to show up on dashboard

However - I had received by email an offer for an 80k bonus on the credit card, so I signed up for that vs the 60k in the into the nights offer. Got full credit for that with Into the Nights with no issue whatsoever.

So who knows how they work. [/QUOTE]

How long after you applied did it take for the CC to show up as done on your dashboard
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by rrohio

So who knows how they work.
How long after you applied did it take for the CC to show up as done on your dashboard[/QUOTE]

About three weeks but I had to release a forgotten freeze. Regardless - if no issues, you should be ok. Which offer did you go for?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:01 am

So the good news is my dashboard has reset itself to the original challenges. The bad news is my book 1 night via IHG app (which I did download through the Google Play store twice) has not registered me for the stay in Dubai I booked with it last month. Even though it recognized my stay for the Change Your View Challenge and Weekender Challenge.

Anybody else is in this situation?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by tom_MN
My dashboard has now been rolled back to the previous (and incorrect) one from 2 weeks ago. It would have been nice to have included the one stay that had already posted this week.

+1.
I suppose they have run down back to a previous batch or whaterever the IT language I dunno.
I had to fight hard to get them manually adjust my missing tasks and now they are gone as well and I have to fight again to get them fixed I guess. I am surely going to make them feel my pain in their butt to award me a bunch of extra points for all this headache.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Is it normal that "download and book on the IHG app" is now marked as complete since Friday but still no points credited for that on my account?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
Is it normal that "download and book on the IHG app" is now marked as complete since Friday but still no points credited for that on my account?
There's nothing normal about this promo

"Maybe" the Tuesday update will sort it-don't hold your breathe though.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:06 am

Someone Should Be Fired

I can't believe that IHG is so incompetent. Points credited for completed tasks, then reversed, ignorant form letters to avoid answering complaints, etc.

For me, this promotion is simply unwinnable, all because I have been loyal to IHG. The result: my hurdles are higher. Example: what business traveler wants to stay three Saturday nights at IHG? Or in three separate foreign countries? It would be one thing if the higher hurdles were offset with greater rewards, as they were in Crack the Case, but they aren't. Every scam artist can easily pick up 50,000 points, but the loyal folks are shafted by crazy tasks. My only conclusion is that this promotion is designed as a slap in the face to IHG's best customers. In my case, that strategy has worked. I'm moving to Marriott--at least it can count.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:43 am

There is finally something showing on my dashboard. Of the 3 online bookings required (2 nights/2 stays already complete), it shows 1 online booking and 2 nights complete. Hopefully the other online bookings show up as well.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by blindman
There's nothing normal about this promo

"Maybe" the Tuesday update will sort it-don't hold your breathe though.
Is it Tuesdays? I had stays that were posted to my account before last Tuesday that haven't been credited to the dashboard yet.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Is it Tuesdays? I had stays that were posted to my account before last Tuesday that haven't been credited to the dashboard yet.
Typically is has been on Tuesdays. I don't believe anyone had promotion activity credit last Tuesday, however, presumably because they are still sorting out all of the IT issues related to this promo.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
book one night thruvthe app has kindly been updated to a book 25nights thru the app challenge.
rididulous
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jigen666
So the good news is my dashboard has reset itself to the original challenges. The bad news is my book 1 night via IHG app (which I did download through the Google Play store twice) has not registered me for the stay in Dubai I booked with it last month. Even though it recognized my stay for the Change Your View Challenge and Weekender Challenge.

I have the exact same issue. Booked a stay through the iPhone app, but nothing registered. Everything else came through fine.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:27 pm

You should never have downloaded it twice, now ihg is twice as confused.

Originally Posted by Jigen666

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.