Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

i hear from a German friend today, that the latest Big Win has been announced via LH

here is the link to the first requirement

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...&icdv=99613032
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Be careful, there are no full terms&conditions published anywhere. Because it's Miles&More specific, I suspect you must register your account to earn miles rather than points before installing the app or doing anything else. Also, since there is no explicit registration, I have no idea how IHG intends to track this promo.

Here's the M&M announcement: https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...mc_id=MRSSP000 - thanks to gojko88 for sending the link.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:40 am

Big Win Fall 2014 Master Thread

Seems LoyaltyLobby got the "leg up" with extra info from IHG...

http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/09/02/i...g-win-returns/
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Ah just beaten to it!http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/09/02/ihg-rewards-club-into-the-nights-promotion-earn-at-least-2-free-nights-50000-bonus-points-or-10000-airlines-miles-september-4-december-31-2014-big-win-returns/[/url]

Last edited by Eskimoboy; Sep 2, 2014 at 7:41 am Reason: Duplicated above
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: Some, not all.
“Into the Nights” promo

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...promoCode=9297

Earn 2 free nights at any IHG® hotel
Who doesn’t love the night, and what could be more perfect than enjoying it with a free stay at your favorite hotel? IHG® presents the “Into the Nights” offer; just complete this simple task and get at least two nights free at any IHG hotel around the world or 50,000 in reward points. Set off now to any of our 4,700 hotels from 9 major brands in 100 destinations and make the nights yours!
T&Cs not yet live
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by 21H21J
Source:

Earn up to 10,000 Bonus Asia Miles with InterContinental Hotels Group

Enjoy a personalised offer when you stay at any InterContinental® Hotels Group property – and earn up to 10,000 Bonus Asia Miles when you meet your customised earning criteria!

Register from 4 September onwards to earn miles for your next trip!

Promotion Period:
4 September–31 December 2014
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Your code is invalid.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by Mattyb44
Your code is invalid.
+1
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Mattyb44
Your code is invalid.
Of course it is invalid, if you were to read the OP's post:

"Register from 4 September onwards"
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by whimike
Of course it is invalid, if you were to read the OP's post:

"Register from 4 September onwards"
Looked and still dont see it...
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by 21H21J
get at least two nights free at any IHG hotel around the world or 50,000 in reward points[/URL]
Not quite sure to understand the concept
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Asia Miles website does provide link to this promotion as well. But sadly one cannot infer the mechanics of the promotion until 4 Sep 2014 onwards:
http://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/earn/...-_-9229-_-AMEP

Earn up to 10,000 Bonus Asia Miles with InterContinental Hotels Group

Enjoy a personalised offer when you stay at any InterContinental® Hotels Group property – and earn up to 10,000 Bonus Asia Miles when you meet your customised earning criteria!

Register from 4 September onwards to earn miles for your next trip!

Promotion Period:
4 September–31 December 2014
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Up to 10k points? That doesn't sound like Big Win to me, it sounds like Teeny Weeny Win.

Furthermore, it's more of that awful "mobile booking" garbage, when they can't keep track (as the last Big Win proved) reliably of whether people book with that or not.
actually, 10,000 miles, not points, that is 50,000 points...
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:03 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Then simply present your Miles & More card each time you check in. You will receive 500 award miles for each stay.
It is a prerequisite that you choose Miles & More as your earning option.
This sounds like it's nothing new at all. You can always get miles per stay if you choose M&M as earning option in your IHG account. Also, there is absolutely no need to show your M&M card during check-in. This is only to make you feel more important.

AFAIR, 500 miles/stay is the standard amount. So this is a NO-promo. Just marketing blahblah.

HTB.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Not quite sure to understand the concept
log on Sept 4th

www.ihg.com/freenights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.