Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
IHG Dining Rewards (Aus/Asia)

Received the following email...

IHG® Dining Rewards
Well worth it from the first moment

Dear iFlip23,

As a valued member of IHG® Rewards Club, we're excited to offer you the opportunity to join IHG® Dining Rewards. It's the one membership that makes it easier to connect with family, friends and associates with special benefits on dining, beverages and accommodation at hundreds of participating IHG hotels and restaurants.

By joining IHG Dining Rewards, you'll receive immediate, exclusive benefits like:
• 25% off all dining and beverages at hundreds of participating hotels and restaurants across Australasia and China
• One free night at any of the more than 4,700 IHG hotels worldwide
• An instant status upgrade in IHG® Rewards Club
• AUD $50 dining e-voucher already pre-loaded onto your membership card*

For a modest AUD $319 annual membership fee, you can begin enjoying and entertaining effortlessly across Australasia and China. With so many valuable benefits, membership practically pays for itself. Join today by calling: 1800 226 462 (Toll Free).
My question is the "instant status upgrade" part. If you were Plat, would that then bump you up to Ambassador, and from Gold to Plat etc?

I haven't done too much research into the type of discounts you get, and the places you can eat with the 25% discount, but I am tempted to join even if only for one year as I have a number of stays in IHG Hotels planned for the next year, and a guaranteed room upgrade with Plat status wouldn't go amiss!

Anyone else a member of this? Seems to be only Australia/Asia it is aimed towards. Worth it?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by iFlip23
Received the following email...

My question is the "instant status upgrade" part. If you were Plat, would that then bump you up to Ambassador, and from Gold to Plat etc?

I haven't done too much research into the type of discounts you get, and the places you can eat with the 25% discount, but I am tempted to join even if only for one year as I have a number of stays in IHG Hotels planned for the next year, and a guaranteed room upgrade with Plat status wouldn't go amiss!

Anyone else a member of this? Seems to be only Australia/Asia it is aimed towards. Worth it?
I think if you are plat you will just stay plat as it says "Instant upgrade in IHG Rewards Club". Ambassador is not part of IHG Rewards unfortunately as they class it as a separate programme.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
Originally Posted by chrism20
I think if you are plat you will just stay plat as it says "Instant upgrade in IHG Rewards Club". Ambassador is not part of IHG Rewards unfortunately as they class it as a separate programme.
But if you were a Gold as part of joining the dining rewards programme you'd get bumped up to Plat? $319 doesn't seem too much for what could be room upgrades for me, for over 10 stays in the next year.

I'm seriously tempted!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:55 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
Negative. If you are club before joining the program u will bump to gold. If you are gold before joining you will bump to plat. If you are plat before joining you will remain as plat.

Ambassador program is separate program.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:28 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
has anyone tried this, any good? we have a few nights at Fiji intercon in Jan, wondering if its worth buying just for meals...2 adults, 2 kids, already have free breakfasts and kids eat free dinner with adult
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:29 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
has anyone tried this, any good? we have a few nights at Fiji intercon in Jan, wondering if its worth buying just for meals...2 adults, 2 kids, already have free breakfasts and kids eat free dinner with adult
Just like priority privilege the kids eat free cannot be combined with the discount in theory. The good thing is the discount is off food and drinks, and the easy to use free night, bad thing, no bogos.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
thanks markis10

so can you get a free night without booking another night first (a la BOGO)?

In that case might be worth buying anyway so we can try the new double bay one which is typically more than this costs for a night anyway. Especially if we can then combine with Amb BOGO...
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:30 am

Painful experience last Thursday trying to redeem the 50$ evoucher (I have 2 of them as the 2nd offered through a signup promotion).

Checkout system did not recognize it. They said they will take it off manually next day. This week I will call IHG to check at least one of the vouchers is still there.

I detest you can't 'see' the evouchers online to confirm their 'digital' existence.

And yes I am having BOGO PTSD (and better discounts PP used to offer). They need to light up this program ...agree the value of the free night trumps all but I assume the business plan is to fire up F and B ...perhaps as markis10 has alluded the bevvies is where they are collecting...
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, Koru Life, QF Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Le Club Accor Plat, Carlson Gold
When ever we used our Priority Privilege card for dining at the IC Fiji we would still get our 50% discount on meals and never got charged for the children - not sure how it will work with the new scheme though...
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Very slow card delivery

I took this up in late September and am still waiting for the card/membership pack. Had to chase them repeatedly and the number provided here in Macau for Greater China enquiries does not work!

On a positive I was bumped from Gold to Plat immediately. I was able to use the free night on an Indigo in Paddington, London which was good value. But that said out of 5 IHG stays in London in October I only got upgraded as a Platinum once.

As I said still waiting for the card and will yet again miss the opportunity to use it this weekend. Indeed I moved an earlier booking in Beijing over to Starwood so the inefficiency has actually created disloyalty! Same as with Ambassador weekend nights why cant they just run the scheme electronically like any other business does in 2014!

I should add I would have hit Platinum anyway after the third stay in London so the upgrade really wasn't worth much to me.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Modo
I took this up in late September and am still waiting for the card/membership pack. Had to chase them repeatedly and the number provided here in Macau for Greater China enquiries does not work!

On a positive I was bumped from Gold to Plat immediately. I was able to use the free night on an Indigo in Paddington, London which was good value. But that said out of 5 IHG stays in London in October I only got upgraded as a Platinum once.

As I said still waiting for the card and will yet again miss the opportunity to use it this weekend. Indeed I moved an earlier booking in Beijing over to Starwood so the inefficiency has actually created disloyalty! Same as with Ambassador weekend nights why cant they just run the scheme electronically like any other business does in 2014!

I should add I would have hit Platinum anyway after the third stay in London so the upgrade really wasn't worth much to me.
The card does seem to take far too long, September is almost two months ago! It also seems baffling that they would give a number that doesn't work, pretty poor.

The status upgrade & free night do seem worth it however only if easy to redeem the benefit of gold/platinum and the free night.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Tried it. We spent 9 nights in Fiji in October.
Almost paid for itself as I cancelled a paid night there to use the free night (the one night-one booking methodology has again served me well ) and repaid for itself after checkout.
The e-voucher thingy indeed didn't work for me either.
Pretty good deal if somewhat limited in scope.
If you are able to redeem the free night there (or somewhere more expensive), I would go for it without too much hesitation.

Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by JC2000
The card does seem to take far too long, September is almost two months ago! It also seems baffling that they would give a number that doesn't work, pretty poor.
Yup and didn't get any better when they finally responded to an online request. They offered to send by courier but required 7 days+ to print a new pack! Be interesting to see if the validity is still a full 12 months. Still waiting well over 2 months after signing up.

The status upgrade & free night do seem worth it however only if easy to redeem the benefit of gold/platinum and the free night.
I can't complain about the free night. What I got at the prevailing rate when booked was priced at more than the membership fee. That said I had originally booked that night somewhere far cheaper.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:27 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Is this promotion open to Singapore ? I get directed to the enrolment page, the contact number is China, tried to enrol but the page refreshed when i confirmed payment.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by jedicat666
Is this promotion open to Singapore ? I get directed to the enrolment page, the contact number is China, tried to enrol but the page refreshed when i confirmed payment.
From what I know, not for Singapore at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.