HI Paris - Montmartre (Master Thread)

Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PRG Amex , IHG Platinum Ambassador, Enterprise Plus, Hertz Gold
HI Paris - Montmartre (Master Thread)

We are a family of four(2 adults and 2 kids < 7 yrs) and we are planning a June trip to Paris in 2015 for 5-7 days. I am planning to stay on points or cash and points but could not get a room that could hold a maximum of 4; it only has for 3 and for 5. I called Platinum CS and the rep stated that the suite at that property (Holds up to 5 people) is not available on points.

Has anyone had any success as a platinum member to get the hotel to open the suite for a points booking? If no which hotel in Paris did you have any success in staying on points for a family of four in one room? Do not have any preference in the IHG brand just want to stretch the points as much as possible; so HIX or HI works just fine. Do not plan to spend much time in the hotel anyway. Will prefer a property close to the Metro.

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Marisaac
We are a family of four(2 adults and 2 kids < 7 yrs) and we are planning a June trip to Paris in 2015 for 5-7 days. I am planning to stay on points or cash and points but could not get a room that could hold a maximum of 4; it only has for 3 and for 5. I called Platinum CS and the rep stated that the suite at that property (Holds up to 5 people) is not available on points.

Has anyone had any success as a platinum member to get the hotel to open the suite for a points booking? If no which hotel in Paris did you have any success in staying on points for a family of four in one room? Do not have any preference in the IHG brand just want to stretch the points as much as possible; so HIX or HI works just fine. Do not plan to spend much time in the hotel anyway. Will prefer a property close to the Metro.

Thanks!
I'm going around the same time. I booked 2 rooms at the only HIX in town. Figure the free breakfast will help offset the second room. There have been recent Paris threads about putting 4 to a room, or at least with 2 double beds. All the kids are older so we just booked 2 rooms still using points. There's 2 maybe 3 IHG options that can put 4 to a room. Good luck!

I have upgraded to a suite before ona rewards stay (not in Europe). My reservation was already in the system and I asked for a paid upgrade in which they quoted a price. It was still a bit hefty but a fraction of the rack rate so I didn't mind paying it. It's up to each hotel to do that though.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Don't know about the points issue, but will say that the HI- Montmarte is a bit of a hike from a metro stop- not horrible but the HIX is probably better in that regard. Otherwise really liked the property and area though.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
The Holiday Inn Gare de L'Est has rooms with 2 double beds. I was traveling with friends who had their 2 preteen kids with them. I saw their room, it was fairly small compared to mine but it served their purpose. I seem to recall their rate was similar to mine and very likely available on points (this was last summer). Also the metro station is right outside the front door.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
The Crowne Plaza Paris Republique has fairly big rooms with two double beds which are only marginally more expensive than their standard rooms. It's one category above the standard room. You can try to send an email to the hotel, explain your situation, and ask whether as a platinum member they are willing to confirm an upgrade from the standard room to the 2 double beds superior (which can't be booked on points). If you're lucky they will do it for free, otherwise you may need to pay the difference of approx. 30-40 Euro per night. It's 45,000 points per night though...
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: PRG Amex , IHG Platinum Ambassador, Enterprise Plus, Hertz Gold
Thank you all for your responses and insights. Really appreciated.

I will try via PC plat CS HI Montmarte since it appears they are the only ones that can fit four or more to a room and possibly for the least amount of points; 30K. Failing that I will go with either the only HIX in town and send the hotel an email so that both rooms are next to each other and/or via a connecting door or go with the CP Paris Republic which is steep on points but if they can upgrade me to a double bed room then that may work out.

HI Gare De L'est does not appear to fit more than 3 to a room as an option online on a paid stay.

Once again thanks all!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
If for some reason you do end up with 2 rooms at Montmarte, it's a pretty small and tall hotel- I think about 8 rooms per floor- so as long as they're on the same floor, you'd be okay.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The area of Gare de L'Est is a rough area just so you know. Lots of people wandering around from ethnic groups loitering around on the streets. Personally I would avoid that part of Paris.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
HI Paris - Montmartre

to the OP: can you let us know the outcome? it may be helpful for others with similar requirements. thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Just completed a three night stay here and I thought it was great. The two bedroom units are really two separate units that have a common hallway with a common "front" door but each separate room can be completely closed off from the other for privacy. The front desk staff are amazing and very helpful! There are several great bakeries and restaurants an easy walking distance from the hotel as well as a Carrefour City supermarket. Didn't ride it because we used the Metro exclusively but there is a bus route that runs very close to the hotel and will get you to the Louvre. Very easy walk to Metro stations for two different lines. Overall, this is a great option for a Paris stay. You'll be a little away from the heavy tourist areas but if you're prepared to go out early in the morning and only return at night to sleep, it's a good option. Very convenient if you're travel involves arriving or departing from Gare du Nord! Very short Uber or taxi ride to the station that Eurostar trains to London arrive and depart from.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.