Wiki Posts
Search

Get 60% more IHG Rewards Club points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Get 60% more IHG Rewards Club points

Got an email today... Not sure if this is targeted.

As a valued Ambassador Member, we invite you to take advantage of this special offer when you purchase points today. Receive 60% more points when you purchase a minimum of 10,000 IHG® Rewards Club points between now and 18 August 2014.

I think its only worth it if you get 100% bonus and really plan to use it at expensive location.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:21 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
It turns out that it costs $690 to purchase 60K points... which nets 96K points.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I got the same offer. With the 60% bonus the net cost is 0.84cpp. That's higher than the points+cash rewards. Pass.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I got the same offer. With the 60% bonus the net cost is 0.84cpp. That's higher than the points+cash rewards. Pass.
$690/96,000=.00718cpp?

So, a little more than cash and points, but less hassle. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I guess the question is whether or not the time to for someone to make 10 bookings is worth the $18 savings.

Last edited by schwaa; Jul 25, 2014 at 10:56 am
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I also received this offer. IHG must be doing some kind of marketing test. Last one was 50% bonus now 60%, I am waiting for the 100% bonus which will make me buy.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
When I go to the purchase page(s) the drop down menu only gives me the base number of points I might want to buy and their cost, but no indication of the bonus points. T&Cs imply these will post after the purchased ones do, but has anyone actually done one of these transactions to prove this is the case? Also, how long does it generally take such points to post to one's account? Have a PB stay in mind that would save 70% over the paid rate.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Shareholder
When I go to the purchase page(s) the drop down menu only gives me the base number of points I might want to buy and their cost, but no indication of the bonus points. T&Cs imply these will post after the purchased ones do, but has anyone actually done one of these transactions to prove this is the case? Also, how long does it generally take such points to post to one's account? Have a PB stay in mind that would save 70% over the paid rate.
When I go via "purchase points" on the IHG website (and then put in my name and account number), I see the 60% offer wording and the discount on the drop-down. If you are not seeing it, I would assume you are not eligible.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by tangey
When I go via "purchase points" on the IHG website (and then put in my name and account number), I see the 60% offer wording and the discount on the drop-down. If you are not seeing it, I would assume you are not eligible.
So why send me the email? I've been on chat with Points.com and sent them the original email along with other details. Waiting to hear back.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
Nope, did not receive the email. Considering that offers for 100% bonus points do come by (at least once a year for the past 2 years), a wait may be worthwhile if the points redemption are not urgent.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BBxCoreb
Nope, did not receive the email. Considering that offers for 100% bonus points do come by (at least once a year for the past 2 years), a wait may be worthwhile if the points redemption are not urgent.
They've already had the (Reveal Your Mystery Bonus promo) 100% bonus this year (for many of us) that expired on April 21. I'm already maxed out on bonus points per their rules for the year.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by CalItalian
They've already had the 100% bonus this year (for many of us) that expired on April 21. I'm already maxed out on bonus points per their rules for the year.
ah yea, you're right. hopefully they have another one for those who missed it. I too have maxed out my points for the year. Looking forward to next year! (Some IC points redemption at Asia is a steal, especially beach resorts!)
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: Priority Platinum
My mystery bonus was only 60% so even with this promo I'm still waiting for an eligible 100% promo.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Weller
My mystery bonus was only 60% so even with this promo I'm still waiting for an eligible 100% promo.
The one prior to the March 21-April 21, 2014 (variable amount...100% for me and many others) promo was January 15-31, 2014 for 75%. Before that it was 50% from November 25-December 2, 2013. Before that it was August 12-26, 2013, 100%.

So, you may have one more chance this year but I'd say it doesn't look good for 100%.

Personally, I'd just do the points + cash trick, if needed.

I save all my emails from them for years...
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Shareholder
So why send me the email? I've been on chat with Points.com and sent them the original email along with other details. Waiting to hear back.
I can't help with that question. I was merely confirming to you that you should be seeing the details of the offer when you log into points.com. It appears there has been a disconnect between sending you the marketing email and flagging your account as eligible.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:03 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I got this e-mail offer too. My previous mystery offer was 25->50% and I declined. But I might take the current 60% since I have emptied my account
I do have some upcoming plans near pointbreak hotels so might as well take use of buying 60% bonus, otherwise I would never buy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.