Using my points to book hotel for someone else ok?

Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:19 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Using my points to book hotel for someone else ok?

Is it okay if I use my IHG points to book a hotel room for someone else? I will not be checking in and the other person is not related to me.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
70% of the nights I book are for someone else. Just make the reservation then call the hotel and let them know who will be checking in so they can put it in the record. They will have to throw down a credit card for security purposes, but that's about it. very simple.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:54 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Great, thanks for the info!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: AA,UA,BA,SPG,IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, UR, MR
I too book most of my stays from someone elses account. I just add the name of who will actually be there (usually me) as the additional guest on the reservation, and in the special instructions/requests box I tell them who will be checking in. Have always done so online and have never had a problem yet.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by jhuck
I too book most of my stays from someone elses account. I just add the name of who will actually be there (usually me) as the additional guest on the reservation, and in the special instructions/requests box I tell them who will be checking in. Have always done so online and have never had a problem yet.
Ditto.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:38 am

I have done this many times for points award nights. Does this also work when using the Chase Annual Free Night or does the cardholder need to check in as well?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Exclamation

Originally Posted by agp423
the other person is not related to me.

As the others said, I've booked for my family/friends under my name many times and it was always ok.
Not sure about what do u mean by "not related to me", but I would be more careful about people using my name.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by ArkansasTraveler
Does this also work when using the Chase Annual Free Night or does the cardholder need to check in as well?
I'd be interested in hearing others experience using the Annual Chase Free Night for another individual, as well.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:37 pm

last May I booked for my mother & my sister under my name for first time and it went smooth fine. whew. I did email to let them know my mother & my sister names for my nephew's graduation. They were very nice. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.