50% off promo for IHG UK/Europe bookings

Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by AMDB7
You are quite right, and apologies for my bad. It certainly is not "quite clear", but I do think it's a safe bet.

The promo link in the first post states that it is likely that no points will be awarded, but if you follow the link through to IHG it doesn't mention the points situation. However, I - and others - have made bookings already under this promo and reported back on this thread that it is showing as zero points earnings under the reservation.

So whilst not concrete, I think it's fair to say that you shouldn't be expecting points under this promo. But on that basis I retract "quite clear" and replace it with "quite likely". Think that covers it!
OK - the promo link is, of course, simply the view expressed by the blogger. In the IHG link, no mention is made of whether or not the stay qualifies (as you say).

"non-qualifying" evidence so far rests on the "receipt" page in the booking process, and, now, AaronD23's report.

I imagine it's going to turn out something like the 2for1 business, as 3544Quebec suggests. Some hotels will cough up the points, others won't.

My Saturday night stay in Birmingham will soon add to the confusion. I'll let you know what the result is!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Might be of zero relevance to this situation but whenever I book 2 for 1 nights in Australia using Priority Privilege certificates or monthly offers the reservation site always says zero points will be earned but I have always (in more than 30 reservations) had points credit as per regular reservations. So the reservation system statement cannot always be relied upon to be accurate.
Seems the best way is to finish the stay than if points don't appear request retroactive credit. As rate is not strictly declared as "non qualified" my feeling is there is good chance to receive points based on spending.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:56 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by doktor24
Seems the best way is to finish the stay than if points don't appear request retroactive credit. As rate is not strictly declared as "non qualified" my feeling is there is good chance to receive points based on spending.
Could be worth a try doktor 24, but don't forget that there has been a recent round of account closures reportedly linked to usage of promo codes that were not targeted. Might be worth considering if you have registered for any non-targeted codes before you contact them - the last thing you would want is to trigger an account audit which could lead to bigger problems. I'm not suggesting you have registered for non-targeted codes, just offering a word of warning in case you didn't realise what had been going on with the account closures recently.

But if you do have any luck with points please report back and let us know! ^
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Ill have a go with a holiday inn local smd let you all know, ive got same mind set regarding qual nights. Found a local holiday inn for Ł45.
Did you book it, and if so any news on your trial booking regards posting
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: IHG
While this rate may be non-qualifying, does that mean it wont count towards RA renewal? My belief is that they should, because it's a paid rate. But please correct me if i'm wrong...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by turner32
While this rate may be non-qualifying, does that mean it wont count towards RA renewal? My belief is that they should, because it's a paid rate. But please correct me if i'm wrong...
i would be interested to know this as well....
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Voucher

Anybody already stayed under this rate and has been asked for the voucher?

The voucher says it is for Partner Rates with 20 or 30% off - no mention of the 50% off offer...

Was thinking about booking a nice suite a more expensive hotel, but do not want to end up paying the full price as they might refuse the voucher...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Anybody already stayed under this rate and has been asked for the voucher?

The voucher says it is for Partner Rates with 20 or 30% off - no mention of the 50% off offer...

Was thinking about booking a nice suite a more expensive hotel, but do not want to end up paying the full price as they might refuse the voucher...
The swimming.org page states that the offer is 50% off. It has a link to the IHG page to avail of the 50% off offer.The next sentence tells you to claim the discount you need either a british swimming ID or to print off the voucher, and fill in the partner: british swimming. there is a link to the voucher.

When you go the linked IHG page, there is a link there to the identical voucher, and the T&C of the promo state you need to be an IHG partner.

Conclusion, although the voucher does not mention the 50% promo, it is the voucher that IHG tell you to use.

If you still have any worries, I'd print off the swimming.org page and the IHG offer page.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
My Saturday night stay in Birmingham will soon add to the confusion. I'll let you know what the result is!
Not the best news - this stay posted as non-qualifying.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Yes, IHG are not being open and upfront. On the older 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 or prepaid-a 35% off promotions, the expanded terms always said either no-points accrued or mentioned nothing about points accrual, AND in absence of no-points-accrued warning such offers were both points scoring + qualifying nights.

We knew exactly where we stood. There is no reason for IHG to be disingeneous like for this promo. IHG obviously recognise we are far less likely to book if non-qualifying, especially now requal as elites is harder with bonus points not counting anymore. Also the advance booking by 31st July as non-changeable bookings, for August/September dates means I won't book with this offer. Although if qualifying i might have risked a few nights.

Last scoring promo other than 2-4-1 I used was Ł20.12 December2012 Olympics 1week sale for 12week period December2012-Feb2013 where rooms were Ł20.12 night at CP London City but I got 9 nights/9 creditted.

More recent promo was Dec2013 offer of fixed rates Ł30 HIX, Ł35 HI, CP Ł45, Ł125 IC which were upfront declared non-qual.

IHG have lost my last 5x weekend stays to Hilton, who with PR13CB (still works but not in as many hotels) provide better value (and cheapper) last minute rooms in most European cities ++ count as HH qual nights, which I don't need as I am already qualified HH-D for April 2015-March 2016.... BUT I do need nights starting Aug2014 for my new IHG-RA year and I would prefer to book IHG if on qual nights at similar rates.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: IHG
Has anyone been asked for the voucher upon check-in?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios Hunter
Anyone looking to use this promo needs to get busy, this is the last day for bookings.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Ok I wanted to book IC Frankfurt for middle of Sept... I thought I can just book and the rate will be 50% off but its not, I guess the voucher is really needed.

Anyways it should really be 50% not "up to"
As per T&C

50% off Best Flex represents a saving of 50% off our Best Flexible rate per room, per night for two adults sharing a standard double/twin room (inclusive of VAT).

• Bookings must be made at least 3 days in advance of first night of stay.

• Offer available for stays on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (with some limited midweek availability - please check when booking).

• Member ID or IHG voucher will be required at check-in as proof of eligibility for this offer.

• Offer only available at participating European InterContinental Hotels; Resorts, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites and Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels.

• Offer available for reservations made between 15th May 2014 and 31st July 2014 for stays in the period 18th July 2014 to 28th September 2014.

• All bookings are subject to availability of rooms allocated to this offer at participating hotels.

• Room only rate for InterContinental® Hotels; Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels; Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn® and Staybridge Suites®. Breakfast included for Holiday Inn Express® Hotels.

• Full payment must be made at time of booking; no amendments permitted; no refunds will be given (except where prohibited).

• This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.

• This offer cannot be redeemed with IHG Rewards Club points.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Ok I wanted to book IC Frankfurt for middle of Sept... I thought I can just book and the rate will be 50% off but its not, I guess the voucher is really needed.

Anyways it should really be 50% not "up to"
As per T&C
When i applied it to a holiday inn express, it was circa 50% off best flex
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by mitpat474
When i applied it to a holiday inn express, it was circa 50% off best flex
Thats interesting, I tried it with IC Frankfurt for Sunday and Saturday, its about €170 and €110, not quite 50% esp for this property.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.