Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bali ihg which is best?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
regarding the baruna hol inn-is the beach not good there?
Unfortunately that is the case to a degree.

Due to the local boat owners having their warungs, food and drink stalls, located next to the Baruna Bali the beach is polluted with rubbish where some of it makes its way to the ocean as they don't really care or have knowledge about looking after their immediate environment.

We walk into Kuta where the beach is better looked after plus there is a wave for surfing unlike in front of the Baruna which is protected by the reef and breakwalls.

Last edited by ryry2003; Jul 10, 2014 at 9:29 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
that doesnt sound good-is the hol inn best avoided then_
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
that doesnt sound good-is the hol inn best avoided then_
No not at all.

The hotel is in a location that is not as hectic as Kuta but still just a short walk to the hustle and bustle.

We are here now,7th - 17th July, and the hotel is full of families and they all agree its the best place for them as the grounds and pool area are spacious, clean and well looked after, admittedly not as spacious as the Intercontinental.

The location of the Baruna is another benefit the kids will prefer over the IC as its a short walk to Waterbom Park and surfing beaches plus lots of shops and restaurants.

The breakfast is great and has lots of variety.

Hope this helps and feel free to keep asking questions.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
bali ihg which is best?

How much do they charge for breakfast at baruna?
I used points for a stay...
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
bali ihg which is best?

No one had breakfast there and know the prive for that?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:29 am

I don't know about breakfast at the hotel but I do know that in Bali you can get a very reasonably priced breakfast at local restaurants.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
No one had breakfast there and know the prive for that?
Buffet Breakfast is charged at RPH 180,000 which is about US$15.35 per person.

What you get is eggs any style, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, baked beans, Indonesian foods, toast, variety of juices, cold cuts, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, coffee machine or requested style, pancakes, waffles and my sons favourite hash browns.

There is be enough variety for any taste.

Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

you mentioned it being better than the ic ?
why is that-also what day trips can you do near there?is ubud too far for a day trip?
thanks
Old Sep 13, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Day Trips to Ubud from IC Bali

Ubud is not really far. But the Problem on Bali are the small roads plus nightmare traffic. Sometimes, mostly in the area of Kuta and Denpassar but also elsewhere on the Island traffic is so strong that you Need 1 hour for 5 KM.

I know Bali from 20 years ago and I do not like the Island any more:

-too much traffic
-lost of local culture. Now Bali is like everywhere. Lot´s of American Style Shopping Malls, Outlets, Fast Food, etc.
-the worst for me is that the beaches are now very dirty compared to the past. Even the beach at the Intercontinental is full of garbage, plastic, Wood.
The area is over populated and the People to not care about inviroment.
It was paradise and in my opinion they "paved paradise and made it a parkling-lot" (Joni Mitchell)
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

im saddened to hear this-in this case do you think we should give up on bali and try thailand/vietnam etc?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If you have never been I think it is still worth a shot if you avoid major tourist areas like Kuta / Legian / Nusa Dua etc. that can be a bit soulless. Yes it will never be like 20 years ago, for that maybe go to Lombok, but even there developments start destroying the pristine landscape.

Same in Thailand, Phuket can be a concrete jungle in the wrong places and similar or worse than Bali. Money makes the world go round and in neither place do the authorities care enough to push for sustainable development - sadly. $$$ rule.

Vietnam may still be a bit less developed in that regard, but there are other downsides over there. YMMV
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I stayed at the IC Bali many years ago and its one of the best IC i have stayed at anywhere in the world. The upgrade gave me a massive suite, and that wing of the hotel had its own private pool for guests.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:37 am

Well, I agree. If swimming in the pool instead of the ocean a holiday at the InterContinental Bali is really something special.

The Hotel grounds are fantastic and they really look like an ancient temple.
But for me, swimming in the sea is essential. Therefore I am very much disappointed of many beaches in Asia. I find beaches in Dubai, at the Red Sea or even in the Caribbean much much better and more clean.

I think Asia is so much over populated. Last year I was on Phu Quoc in Vietnam. I had the hope, that Vietnam might be better. But the ocean was full of rubbish.

Originally Posted by why fly
I stayed at the IC Bali many years ago and its one of the best IC i have stayed at anywhere in the world. The upgrade gave me a massive suite, and that wing of the hotel had its own private pool for guests.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Kubi
Well, I agree. If swimming in the pool instead of the ocean a holiday at the InterContinental Bali is really something special.

The Hotel grounds are fantastic and they really look like an ancient temple.
But for me, swimming in the sea is essential. Therefore I am very much disappointed of many beaches in Asia. I find beaches in Dubai, at the Red Sea or even in the Caribbean much much better and more clean.

I think Asia is so much over populated. Last year I was on Phu Quoc in Vietnam. I had the hope, that Vietnam might be better. But the ocean was full of rubbish.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Fully agree that truly beautiful and pristine beaches are tougher to find in Asia. Yes you have them in Indonesia and other places, but often those ones are hard to get too / rather inaccessible. Definitely, Caribbean in particular is in general much nicer.

For Bali beaches, I would argue the beach at the IC Bali is pretty decent. Yes they should do even more cleaning up than they already do on a daily basis, but I was there in August and swam again in the Ocean in front of the property and it was fine. Something one can definitely not say of the beach and water in front of the Holiday Inn Tuban - yikes stay away from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.