Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Renewal

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 3:12 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
I couldn't care less about China. Platinum treatment in the States and Europe is quite often pathetic. Actually IME, thanks to a "standardisation" the situation has worsened during the last year.

As for Ambassador status, it gives us exactly a one-level upgrade and 4pm check-out. I've stopped chasing RA long ago because of their opaque requirements.
Sounds like you fit their criteria for not being invited to be RA, so I guess both sides are happy.
Old May 19, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Sounds like you fit their criteria for not being invited to be RA
So what? Where did I state that I need this invitation? Their idiotic Big Win promo was the last straw pushing me to a rival chain.
Old May 19, 2014, 4:19 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
So what? Where did I state that I need this invitation?
Here? Quote: "I've stopped chasing RA" a couple of posts back.
Old May 19, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by canesfan
I got an email on April 30 stating I'd get a bonus of 5,000 points if I renew my Ambassador membership this summer. Email did state that all renewals would get bonus, I'd call them to confirm if you are eligible.
I got this email and renewed but at the $200 option as I want to get the 10% Points Rebate on Reward Night bookings.

Turns out the 5,000 Bonus Points is only if you renew at the $150 rate, which is plain dumb and very disappointing
Old May 19, 2014, 1:30 pm

I couldn't care less about China. Platinum treatment in the States and Europe is quite often pathetic.
That's funny, I couldn't care less about the states and Europe but that is why we post we post about our own experiences
Old May 20, 2014, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
If you stay exclusively at Intercontinental hotels in the IHG chain, is there any difference between Gold Ambassador and Platinum Ambassador status?
Old May 20, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you stay exclusively at Intercontinental hotels in the IHG chain, is there any difference between Gold Ambassador and Platinum Ambassador status?
I don't think so. Although, I have no personal experience since I've never been Amb Gold.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Ambassador Renewal

How long does the 10% rebate take to post after a stay?

I got my PC Visa (now IHG MasterCard) 10% rebate already, 25 days after checkout. Waiting for the AMB rebate...
Old May 22, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I got my PC Visa (now IHG MasterCard) 10% rebate already, 25 days after checkout. Waiting for the AMB rebate...
I haven't had any reward stay this year, but it took about 3-4 weeks for me last year.
Old May 23, 2014, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
Quote:

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

I haven't had any reward stay this year, but it took about 3-4 weeks for me last year.
Thanks. I called Ambassador service desk tonight and the agent told me I need to give between 6-8 weeks time for the rebate to post (from date of checkout). I will bump when the points hit.
Old May 27, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Originally Posted by hailstorm
According to printed material I received at the IC San Francisco this past weekend:

Gold Ambassadors accumulate 11 points per $1 spent during stays.

Platinum Ambassadors accumulate 15 points per $1 spent during stays.

Royal Ambassadors accumulate 20 points per $1 spent during stays.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
I contact them about this offer, "Summer promotion", but they said it's only for the 150$ renewal.
Are you certain this is only for the $150 option? I know that was the major enticement to renew in the email I received, but never knew about the $200 option which includes 15K plus a 10% rebate on future awards. I thought the bonus 5K would apply to either renewal option.

As for status in the RewardsClub program, it appears that one's current status will continue at least through to the expiry of the renewed Ambassador membership. Like others here, I doubt I will requalify for Plat next year, but my renewal now says "PlatAmbassador pending". Meaning at least I will keep Plat RC status through the end of next June, i.e. half a year. Then next year, wonder what status will be offered.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 1:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AC,BA,CA,SPG,ICHG, HERTZ
Originally Posted by camsean
Well, I am upgraded on every stay at IHG hotels in China. This includes being given club access and suites from time to time.
Me too. I am staying at 3 of them this coming week in China and have already been upgraded to a suite with lounge access. I am RA and have been for several years.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Are you certain this is only for the $150 option? I know that was the major enticement to renew in the email I received, but never knew about the $200 option which includes 15K plus a 10% rebate on future awards. I thought the bonus 5K would apply to either renewal option.
I asked specifically and that's what I was answered. I renewed my membership with the 200$ option as I expect to redeem at least 200,000 points within the next year.

I wonder if the 10% rebate would take effect right away (since I renewed a few days ago) or only starting from the date of my "membership-anniversary" at the end of June. I wonder because I'm about to redeem more than 50,000 points in the next two weeks.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Oh-so-thank-U, Scubaccr #3! I barely earned Gold in 2013 for 2014, but I bought (new) Ambassador in Dec. 2013 innocently--not knowing this! I was pleasantly surprised to see my Platinum status renewed for 2014.
Also, this thread is the first I've heard of the 10% rebate on points spent by Ambassadors. But I did know of & get the other 10% when I had the PC Visa. Are y'all sure these 2 are stackable--one can get both, not just one or the other?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.