Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Express Clarke Quay (Singapore)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:27 pm

On its official website, daily parking fee is 27 SGD, that's extraordinarily expensive for an Asian hotel. Anybody could confirm that?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 4:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
On its official website, daily parking fee is 27 SGD, that's extraordinarily expensive for an Asian hotel. Anybody could confirm that?
Unfortunately, yes. Orchard road are free parking
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Singapore is extraordinarily expensive.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:44 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
Wrote a short write up on my personal blog for my stay in HIE Clark Quay back in July.

http://jltravellounge.smugmug.com/Tr...ess-Clark-Quay

Added information for those who are intending to visit this property in the near future. =)
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Thanks for the write up. I enjoyed your photos. The lap pool is very impressive.
^
Old Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 pm

For those who have stayed at the IHX, could you tell me how many exit doors there? Is it only one by the front desk? We are bringing food and rice cooker into the room :-) so don't want the front desk people to see. ^

Your inputs are appreciated.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Holiday Inn Express Clarke Quay (Singapore)

From the reception area there is a corridor to the right and one to the left. There are elevators at the end of each corridor. At the end of the corridor to the left there is also a regular entrance. So when entering though that entrance you will not have to go past the reception desk.

Do make sure though that the rice cooker doesn't trigger the smoke alarm. :-)
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:01 am
Suspended

Here now, a 26 hr stay (2 nights) calling the rooms small is an understatement, maybe Tiny is better.

That said if I will be back in town for another 26 hr tour I would most certainly return to this HEX as long as its still 20k per night. The Jr suite Ive gotten at the CP @ SIN was much nicer but for 40k a night vs 20k for this HEX, Id stay at the HEX. Slept thru breakfast so have no idea what its like and will be on my way in the morning way before it opens

Place is clean as a whistle, bed was OK and shower tiny but tons of hot water even on the top floor. It fit my bill a bed, shower and internet.

Checked out the pool its not wide at all but very long, so laps is possible as long as no one else is just playing or hanging in the pool. Liked the infinity hot tubs at the IC-HK better
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Booked 2 nights, June 2 & 3. I hope we will survive, booked using 10K +$70.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
Stayed here Feb 15th & 16th on 40k points (20k per night). Worth every point. Rooms were small but perfect for singlets like myself. Had an amazing view of the Singapore skyline from the 8th floor room and swimming pool was blissful, day and night. Perfect for lapping and meeting other people. Good breakfast selection, too. Will definitely return on a future visit to Singapore.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JamieDee78
Stayed here Feb 15th & 16th on 40k points (20k per night). Worth every point. Rooms were small but perfect for singlets like myself. Had an amazing view of the Singapore skyline from the 8th floor room and swimming pool was blissful, day and night. Perfect for lapping and meeting other people. Good breakfast selection, too. Will definitely return on a future visit to Singapore.
Thanks for sharing, good to know. I am planning 6 more days, so trying to stay closer to Orchard or Bugis instead.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I am here for an extended stay and have generally positive reviews. The biggest negative is that the rooms are very small, smaller than you'd expect for a non-CBD-type location. The bathrooms are tiny.

That said, I like the location. It's about a ten-minute walk to Clarke Quay, and there is a "mall" (Central Mall) right across the street that is a bit moribund but has a decent-looking pub and some restaurants.

The front desk service is good, though there has often been a wait, but housekeeping has an outrageous habit, which they engaged in three times in my first four days, of knocking (meekly) and then opening the door when the DND light was on. There is a switch for an electronic DND, which has a light next to the doorbell, but they don't use the doorbell so maybe they don't notice it. There is also a DND card to hang outside the door.

Another bizarre occurrence was that they confiscated my second room card, which I had permanently left in the slot by the door to keep the electricity active. I guess this was arguably an abuse on my part, though I didn't have the lights on when I left.

The hotel has some nice amenities, including a laundry room (at a robust SGD 16 for one wash cycle and one dry cycle, though the machines self-soap, which I have never seen before) and a very nice rooftop garden with pool and jacuzzi.

The TV selection is very poor -- only two or three English movie channels, no CNN -- and there don't seem to be any portals on the TV to plug in a DVD player or laptop. The TV is really bolted to the wall. The desk has two universal power outlets (maybe they corrected this since opening).

They also have, maybe recently adopted compared to the reviews previously, the worst Platinum amenity ever -- 20% off at the bar good for one time only. I guess one could enjoy good savings on a long night of beer drinking with a large group, but for most people this means basically 20% off one drink. I once had two drinks, and they let me keep the voucher, but the second time I had one drink and they kept it. Of course, this is more than one is entitled to, so I can hardly complain.

The outdoor terrace for the bar and breakfast is lovely, though there is a door from the left side smoking area to the bar, but it has been closed for my stay, requiring one to go all the way around to the other side. This is obviously a minor quibble, but it comes across as a bit unkempt and not what I expect in a new property in Singapore.

Overall, when one remembers that this is Holiday Inn Express, one can't help but think that it's a pretty solid property.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Just booked 3 reward nights June 1-4. 20K per night is a real bargain given room rates for those dates are $182 USD. Wife and I don't mind walking and look forward to rooftop pool after day of sight-seeing!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Does anyone have the email adress of the hotel?
Second person is arriving before me and I need to contact the hotel in advance.
Is the hotel reachable via public transport?
Regards
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:49 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
it is a 10-15mins walk from the nearby MRT station, NE5 Clarke Quay. NE5 means North East Line, 5th Station.

You can email them at. [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.