Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lorcancoyle
Print Wikipost

"AMB pack not received" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I have been told I can cancel and get a full refund however there is a catch.

It seems they are unable or unwilling to let me keep my spire elite rewards club account number and insist that this will change. That means I cannot track past stays.

The catch is they have now stated that this will mean I cannot complete the accelerator promotion and as I am a whisker away might lose between 15200 and 26000 points, the latter requires 2 further nights which should happen between Christmas and New Year.

I am staggered by both the arrogance and utterly myopic approach that IHG corporate and of this so called customer service department.

Mistakes happen, suppliers sometimes fail to deliver all of which are irritating but perhaps understandable. Why they could not simply extend the ambassador membership to be in line with the certificate once it is issued is a mystery to me. It would have been a simple and probably rather effective means of dealing with the matter.

Instead they issue email written by lawyers and cut and pasted by automatons. The disconnect between the service in the IC hotels and the Ambassador programme is huge.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:05 pm

I renewed in August and didnt receive the portfolio until now.

Few days ago I contacted Ambassador service center and got the same letter as Skaya.

Historically (since the start of the program) I had several years where I had to ask for replacement kits but also some years where the portfolio arrived within 2-3 weeks.

The day I got the answer from Ambassador service I noticed in account activity overview the phrase "activity type"> other and description "deposit for the award ....." with 0 points. Lack of other plausible explanation I guess this is connected with the delayed portfolio. Anyone else noticed that or even now the meaning?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by binman
I have been told I can cancel and get a full refund however there is a catch.

It seems they are unable or unwilling to let me keep my spire elite rewards club account number and insist that this will change. That means I cannot track past stays.

The catch is they have now stated that this will mean I cannot complete the accelerator promotion and as I am a whisker away might lose between 15200 and 26000 points, the latter requires 2 further nights which should happen between Christmas and New Year.

I am staggered by both the arrogance and utterly myopic approach that IHG corporate and of this so called customer service department.

Mistakes happen, suppliers sometimes fail to deliver all of which are irritating but perhaps understandable. Why they could not simply extend the ambassador membership to be in line with the certificate once it is issued is a mystery to me. It would have been a simple and probably rather effective means of dealing with the matter.

Instead they issue email written by lawyers and cut and pasted by automatons. The disconnect between the service in the IC hotels and the Ambassador programme is huge.

Ambassador has nothing to do with Spire status, or Plat, Gold or otherwise.

Spire or another status doesn't give you Ambassador, and Ambassador doesn't give you Spire, or any other status, either.

You pay for Ambassador, or given it, as part of achieving RA.

I can't see any reasonable explanation, for what you've been told, if accurate. i take it you paid for it, and they haven't sent you the package?

If that's the case, you've paid for it, and must have a credit card record for payment? or point deduction, or financial transaction record, a check?

you've paid, or earned it, and they haven't delivered, is the Ambassador status reflected on your account online, that's all that really counts, other than the BOGO, and the point code, if earned?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
Ambassador has nothing to do with Spire status, or Plat, Gold or otherwise.

Spire or another status doesn't give you Ambassador, and Ambassador doesn't give you Spire, or any other status, either.

You pay for Ambassador, or given it, as part of achieving RA.

I can't see any reasonable explanation, for what you've been told, if accurate. i take it you paid for it, and they haven't sent you the package?

If that's the case, you've paid for it, and must have a credit card record for payment? or point deduction, or financial transaction record, a check?

you've paid, or earned it, and they haven't delivered, is the Ambassador status reflected on your account online, that's all that really counts, other than the BOGO, and the point code, if earned?
Tim

I know that my IHG Spire is separate from the Ambassador status but their email is shown in full is below. My point to them has been that after 4 months it would seem reasonable to extend the Ambassador Status until the expiration date of the BOGO cert. This they have refused to do and so I have asked to cancel. They are clearly making this very difficult and as you can see there is no guarantee being given over the Accelerate promotion.

Foremost, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this matter may have caused.

We wish to confirm that your IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite status and current point balance including the points used to activate your InterContinental Ambassador status will be transferred to the new account.

However, as previously advised, only the points can be viewed on the new IHG Rewards Club account. In this regard, we will be unable to transfer your progress towards completing the Accelerate Promotion since we are unable to transfer your stay history which is essential in the completion of your missions.
We hope to have provided the necessary information.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. Please let us know if you need further assistance by sending us an e-mail to [email protected].

They are a shambles
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by binman
Tim

I know that my IHG Spire is separate from the Ambassador status but their email is shown in full is below. My point to them has been that after 4 months it would seem reasonable to extend the Ambassador Status until the expiration date of the BOGO cert. This they have refused to do and so I have asked to cancel. They are clearly making this very difficult and as you can see there is no guarantee being given over the Accelerate promotion.

Foremost, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this matter may have caused.

We wish to confirm that your IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite status and current point balance including the points used to activate your InterContinental Ambassador status will be transferred to the new account.

However, as previously advised, only the points can be viewed on the new IHG Rewards Club account. In this regard, we will be unable to transfer your progress towards completing the Accelerate Promotion since we are unable to transfer your stay history which is essential in the completion of your missions.
We hope to have provided the necessary information.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. Please let us know if you need further assistance by sending us an e-mail to [email protected].

They are a shambles
it's disappointing from a loyal customer perspective.

i hope you can get some traction with a supervisor over the phone.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:07 pm
Suspended

The only meaningful item in the package is the BOGO certificate, right?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
yes, market value, USD30-35
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:21 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
That's CC-value. Electronic Bay value is 3x that amount.

HTB.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by htb
That's CC-value. Electronic Bay value is 3x that amount.

HTB.
pity i didn't know about that channel, i've been throwing them out for nothing

if i mentioned i had a dozen, the CC police cld put me in jail, scared, where's that bloke, what's his name? toke, shrimp, skimp, i've forgotten, that's how much he meant, but i do know he got offended when i referred to him as a toker

got it, Spliff
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsk1973
And the 5k point voucher

Hardly. It's worth a lot more than that.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
And the 5k point voucher

Hardly. It's worth a lot more than that.
i've been exchanging dozens a year for exactly that, for the past six years, that's exactly what they're worth. 5K points is the standard trade^
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:16 am
Suspended

i've been exchanging dozens a year for exactly that, for the past six years, that's exactly what they're worth. 5K points is the standard trade^
I pay $700 for Friday night Thalasso Bora Bora
I get Saturday free @ 700

Value: $700

Not sure how you're getting $30 but you're getting ripped
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I pay $700 for Friday night Thalasso Bora Bora
I get Saturday free @ 700

Value: $700

Not sure how you're getting $30 but you're getting ripped
i'm the recipient @5k points, based on your valuation of $700, i'm not getting ripped, by your math, i'm making USD665 to 670 a piece^
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
I think the reply you get when chasing up a missing pack (12 weeks after joining) is shocking

Warm greetings from the InterContinental Ambassador Service Center!

We apologize for the delay in the delivery of your Ambassador - Spire membership portfolio. We would like to advise you that our vendor is still finalizing the production of the new materials showing the new Elite Status. Hence, we are unable to send you a replacement portfolio at this time.

Rest assured that while you are waiting for your portfolio, you may enjoy your Ambassador - Spire benefits and privileges with the exception of the Complimentary Weekend Night privilege, simply by quoting your Ambassador account <xxxxxxxxx> when making reservations or upon arrival at an InterContinental Hotel.

Thank you Mrs. xxxxxxxx, for for your patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you at an InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property in the near future.

So effectively they are still sorting out the printing of materials so stuff you -you cannot have your weekend night. And note there is no time commitment as to when they will solve this issue.

I therefore believe the joining advertisements are a breach of Advertising Standards Legislation

And they do not even proof read there letters

As a Spire I was very happy to read of the status matching going on elsewhere - so stuff you too IHG..................
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:41 am

you'd think they cld upload the BOGO to your account, and have it book similar to how you wld a reward night, or any free night for that matter (other than the ITTN nights, that have disappeared)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.