FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lorcancoyle
Print Wikipost

"AMB pack not received" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Renewal pack

Do we still expect to receive a renewal pack for the Ambassador programme? I renewed my RA status in August, but I have not received the renewal pack yet.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
Do we still expect to receive a renewal pack for the Ambassador programme? I renewed my RA status in August, but I have not received the renewal pack yet.

when you say you renewed your RA status in August, do you mean it showed up in your account online?

if so, you shld have your pack by now.

have you called them? if not, may be worth pursuing on the phone.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
when you say you renewed your RA status in August, do you mean it showed up in your account online?

if so, you shld have your pack by now.

have you called them? if not, may be worth pursuing on the phone.
Thanks. Yes, the renewal appeared in my account though it had been initially downgraded because some nights were not counted. I have received neither an Amb nor RA kit since then.

I just emailed them but yes, I will ring them too.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:32 am

I just got a response. IHG are saying their kit supplier is facing some issues, which has been causing some delays...
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:16 am

I just got a response. IHG are saying their kit supplier is facing some issues, which has been causing some delays...
I also renewed in August and have been told that exact same thing from multiple calls since September. Have had multiple opportunities to use my BOGO certificate but can't because I haven't received it. We can't be the only ones with this problem…?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by bearski
I also renewed in August and have been told that exact same thing from multiple calls since September. Have had multiple opportunities to use my BOGO certificate but can't because I haven't received it. We can't be the only ones with this problem…?
I normally use the cert for Christmas/NY hols, but I don't think I could receive the pack in the next few weeks. I wonder if anyone actually has received the new "Spire Royal Ambassador" kit.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Anyone have experience with being a Spire Ambassador? I'm platinum ambassador but am about to reach Spire, wondering if anything will change. Upcoming stays are in SIN and SFO.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Didnt see any more recent thread but would assume it affect many here;

Thank you for taking time to contact InterContinental Ambassador Service Center.
Foremost, we sincerely apologize for the delayed delivery of your Royal Ambassador portfolio.
Please be advised that due to the recent introduction of Spire Elite status of IHG Rewards Club, production of membership materials for all Ambassadors and Royal Ambassadors with Spire Elite status was affected.
Our vendor is still finalizing the production of the new materials showing the new Elite Status. Hence, we are unable to send you a replacement portfolio at this time.
We understand that your portfolio is important for you to enjoy your benefits when staying at our hotels. However, we assure you that your benefits as well as your status will be recognized when staying at any InterContinental hotels by providing your membership number.
Rest assured that once everything has been completed, our vendor would ship the portfolios immediately.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by bearski
I renewed in mid-October and received the Ambassador kit last week.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Yeah this has been discussed in other threads.

As mentioned in other threads, my Spire RA was renewed back in May and I am still waiting...

In the IHG Apps (iPhone) recently showed a new design.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:58 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
They have, supposedly, sent me three packs - none of which have ever arrived. I am giving them a couple more weeks before I ask for the fourth and a refund of my Ambassador fee.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by chrisksc
Yeah this has been discussed in other threads.

As mentioned in other threads, my Spire RA was renewed back in May and I am still waiting...

In the IHG Apps (iPhone) recently showed a new design.
Thanks. Multiple searches failed then. Appreciate any links.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:16 am

nope, haven't gotten mine. Signed up in August, nothing..... Called and got a run around, them saying no time as to when the package will ship, but don't worry it will get to you before your renewal date.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
IC Ambassador Customer Services

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Ambassador

I joined in Late July/Early August and stayed in the IC Bali for 10 nights which was sublime.

I was planning stays for next year and noted that I have not had my weekend night certificate nor any of the other membership material.

I wrote to customer service who replied immediately with the following

Please be advised that due to the recent introduction of IHG Rewards Club's Spire Elite status, production of membership materials for all Ambassadors and Royal Ambassadors with Spire Elite status had been affected. Since our vendor is still finalizing the production of the new materials showing the new Elite Status, we are unable to send you a replacement portfolio at this time.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Markie
They have, supposedly, sent me three packs - none of which have ever arrived. I am giving them a couple more weeks before I ask for the fourth and a refund of my Ambassador fee.
Considering doing the same. Paid $200 for this junk in early September and have received squadoosh so far

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.