Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lorcancoyle
Print Wikipost

"AMB pack not received" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
I'm in a state of shock. UPS have emailed to say they'll be delivering a package on Monday. It will actually be within (just) the 2-3 week window IHG told me 3 weeks ago. Admittedly it'll be 11 months since renewing...

Now I just need to worry about what can go wrong: incorrect / missing points voucher (I went for the premium / more expensive option), missing certificate etc...
Wow, that gives me hope! 2.5 weeks ago the promised to send the package via UPS "within 10 business days". Emailed few days ago and asked for tracking code...

In August it will be 1 year since renewal.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:15 am

I'm in a state of shock. UPS have emailed to say they'll be delivering a package on Monday. It will actually be within (just) the 2-3 week window IHG told me 3 weeks ago. Admittedly it'll be 11 months since renewing...

Now I just need to worry about what can go wrong: incorrect / missing points voucher (I went for the premium / more expensive option), missing certificate etc...
Quick,buy a lottery ticket.EU261 and Amb pack,you must be on a roll.^
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:57 am

Pray if anything is missing it's the points voucher as it can be manually added from their end.

Good to see things are slowly starting to improve though.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Renewed on 27Feb16. Got my kit today, 25Jul16.

so only about a 5 month wait.

May17 expiration on the free weekend cert.

10,000 points voucher was there and worked immediately.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
are others getting 10K points? i had to get renewal manually adjusted, and only got 5K for RA.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:21 pm

I joined Amb July 11th, I received my Amb welcome pack today. After knowing this thread was out there I was shocked when I saw it in my mailbox. I got everything, but no 5,000 point voucher or code anywhere. I called and they just gave me the 5,000 points so all is good!

I joined as an existing Spire member so I got the Spire Ambassador package.

Last edited by SlowDown; Jul 25, 2016 at 5:39 pm
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:31 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I'm speechless ... just received my package in the mail. This happened after a 5-month total wait, and 10 days after my third inquiry, which was brushed off with "the Spire brochure isn't ready yet."
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:43 pm

Ambassador expires towards the end of 2017, if I renew now for the 2017-2018 year will that extend/renew spire to 2018 also? If not I'll wait until January to renew Ambassador.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb
I received my Ambassador pack in the mail yesterday, having renewed on-line (early) on June 30th, so less than 4 weeks. I'm Spire, West Coast USA. BOGO expiry is August 2017, which is consistent with my Ambassador anniversary date. Points voucher code was on the welcome letter, and redeemed for the correct number of points. The new membership card is identical to the Spire membership card, except that it has the IC Logo instead of IHG logo and says "Ambassador" (twice). Other than that , renewal pack looks identical to last year so hard to understand why there have been fulfillment issues. I hope IHG give some priority to processing those who got stuck in the backlog.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by SlowDown
Ambassador expires towards the end of 2017, if I renew now for the 2017-2018 year will that extend/renew spire to 2018 also? If not I'll wait until January to renew Ambassador.
You can't renew Ambassador until a couple of months before expiry (at least through the website).
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:48 am

Enrolled on Sunday, July 10 online with IHG Chase card. Called on Wednesday, July 13, after not receiving confirmation. Initially, they could not locate my payment, although they found it after a few minutes. Within five minutes my status was updated online. Received the package on July 26 in the mail.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Wow, so pack was complete when it arrived on Monday. Voucher, right number of points, and a 1 June expiry as agreed (7 or 8 month extension). My lottery ticket didn't win though
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:35 pm

finally, with almost a year delay the pack arrived, weekend voucher until August 2017, no points (will inquire).
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:24 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Well this was quite a shock given all the fulfillment issues recently... I just renewed last week (was processed on 7/19), and received my pack today. Hopefully this means they've cleared the backlog.

(USA Spire here, on east coast)
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Still waiting for my kit from end of 2015. Supposedly a replacement FWNC only was dispatched early July via UPS and is still missing in action (and apparently non-traceable UPS really). I need the certificate in 5 days when I head to IC Bali. Escalated and all, but IHG Ambassador service is pretty much "handicapped" when it comes to resolving the issue and IHG upper management level doesn't seem to give a thing (the "s..." word would be more appropriate, but let's keep it clean) about failing and antagonizing their most valuable customers in addition withholding a paid for benefit.

Moronic doesn't even describe it. Oh well, Hilton was nice enough to extend Diamond to me so they are reaping the benefits now big time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.