Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lorcancoyle
Print Wikipost

"AMB pack not received" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
But we would've heard stories about all real RA referrals not working then, wouldn't we? I mean, unlike the BOGO, the RA referral is traceable to the referer. They wouldn't let me refer twice I assume (one time by the thief and second time by me)?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:45 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by johhenrik
But we would've heard stories about all real RA referrals not working then, wouldn't we? I mean, unlike the BOGO, the RA referral is traceable to the referer. They wouldn't let me refer twice I assume (one time by the thief and second time by me)?
Many people on FT have received two vouchers and used them both.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by uk1
Call me a cynical old bugger, but this process is so odd, that you wonder whether the people preserving the process are the people "benefitting" from it. What other explanation could there be for something so tradable and often traded so much to be sent by normal mail that is planned to take 7 weeks but then seems so often not to arrive? And it is been going on for years, and years etc and no one seems interested in doing anything about it.

Is that not too strange ...
IHG are not actually saying RA welcome pack will take a full 6-8 weeks to arrive, but to wait that long before contacting IHG to say not turned up. I got both Amb and RA packs inside 2 weeks.

This year I had my RA manually activated on 2nd September 2013, and received RA pack Friday 13th (just 2days after Ambassador pack received, the sending of which could only be triggered 1st Sep 2013 when IHG incorrectly decided I failed to requal as RA by 31st aug)
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by uk1
Many people on FT have received two vouchers and used them both.
Oh, I thought that wouldn't be possible. Then why isn't everyone just reporting no pack received, even when getting them?

Or maybe some people do... I guess that's something no one would openly admit in a forum anyways.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:38 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by scubaccr
IHG are not actually saying RA welcome pack will take a full 6-8 weeks to arrive, but to wait that long before contacting IHG to say not turned up. I got both Amb and RA packs inside 2 weeks.

This year I had my RA manually activated on 2nd September 2013, and received RA pack Friday 13th (just 2days after Ambassador pack received, the sending of which could only be triggered 1st Sep 2013 when IHG incorrectly decided I failed to requal as RA by 31st aug)
Yes - that is what I said in the other post - they are saying that they will not investigate until around 7 weeks or so. A part of that investiagtion does not appear to be to track that an RA cert sent has been redeemed or to place on an account a flag if it is subsequently redeemed.

Oh, I thought that wouldn't be possible. Then why isn't everyone just reporting no pack received, even when getting them?

Or maybe some people do... I guess that's something no one would openly admit in a forum anyways.
Exactly.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

The believed background was that any RA can only refer one person in their ambassador year, so any RA could not use themselves any extra RA Referral Certs gained due to receiving multiple RA packs. (unlike using the extra BOGO's)

However until July2013 when IHG blocked UN-earned RA's referring, RA's with more than one referral cet, could pass on or sell to a referred RA who did not themselves have a referral cert.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:39 pm

Quote:

You sign up for the welcoming package? I mean, you get the benefits of being an Ambassador from the day you become a member, even if you don't get a luggage tag or membership card in the mail.
Yes. The bogo and 5000 points are a big part of why a purchase the product.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
This whole system is such a farce. Some common sense and better delivery process will close this loophole completely. We as customers will get our packs quicker too.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
So mine arrived yesterday. On March 18 they told me its been processed, so it took about 6 weeks.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:12 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
So mine arrived yesterday. On March 18 they told me its been processed, so it took about 6 weeks.
My plain downgrade Amb one is a mere 5 weeks late ....
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Ambassador Welcome Kits delay

In case this might be of any use to anyone, I understand that the Ambassador Welcome Kits are currently on hold awaiting the printed booklet. I believe that IHG will start shipping them again some time next week so expect delivery at some point in May.

Interestingly, I am also under the impression that the 5,000 bonus points you get for becoming/renewing Ambassador are Elite Qualifying Points, unless someone knows better.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
True that. Unless you used IHG points to renew your Ambassador status...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:49 pm

Adding my data point here: I signed up for Ambassador on 4/10 and received my welcome kit today, 4/27.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
My Ambassador 5000 bonus points voucher certainly didnt post as Elite Qualifying in March 2015 .Amb was paid for not bought on points .
Old May 1, 2015, 3:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Another data point: received my welcome pack this week. This time (unlike last year) I did locate the letter with the bonus points and the free night voucher!

Last year I just grabbed the luggage tag and membership card and binned the rest, thereby losing my bonus points and free night.

The bonus points posted straight away but were not Elite Qualifying points. I used points to renew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.