Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I book adjacent stays at same property?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Question Can I book adjacent stays at same property?

I want to stay three consecutive nights at an IC property with two stays.

Example:
Stay 1- Friday and Saturday Nights with AMB Complimentary Weekend Certificate Night
Stay 2- Sunday Night with Best Flexible Rate

If I do all three nights in a single stay, it will cost $46.20 more because that Sunday night is on the AMB Certificate rate not the BFR.

Can I do that? Book consecutive stays at the same property?

Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Why not?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Of course you can. But don't expect it to be counted as 2 stays for IHC status. It often happens, but don't rely on it to happen.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:14 am

No problem at all. This is btw a good way of locking in a (enhanceable) rate if you are not exactly sure what day you will arrive. But in my experience it then show up as only one stay (and only one set of points)
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Awesome, thanks! I'm not looking to enhance the number of stays in my account, so I'm fine if this counts as one stay. Was just trying to save some money- hopefully legitimately. Thanks for letting me know I'm good!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just be careful that the hotel doesn't try to merge the two stays into one (if that raises the rate in the process). So, for example, if you're going to request to keep the same room for both stays, make sure they understand that you've got different rates for different nights and that you need them to keep it that way.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Just be careful that the hotel doesn't try to merge the two stays into one (if that raises the rate in the process). So, for example, if you're going to request to keep the same room for both stays, make sure they understand that you've got different rates for different nights and that you need them to keep it that way.
I've never had this problem, but YMMV. There is absolutely nothing wrong with booking individual nights to maximize rate benefits, so long as you meet the requirements of the rate.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by kit125
I've never had this problem, but YMMV. There is absolutely nothing wrong with booking individual nights to maximize rate benefits, so long as you meet the requirements of the rate.
Some properties act proactively. For example I had a "two double bed" reservation upgraded to a "King". The time I had my brother traveling with me this wasn't so great. I have also had "for convenience" stays grouped together. As always, keep an eye on your reservations!

If for no other reason, they might dip in price 72 hours out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.