Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Question Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court Master Thread

Have a stay here later this week (as I quite like the Indigo brand identity) and as I couldn't find many reports on FT about stays here, wondered whether you all have any feedback?

Thanks,

Chris
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: IHG Pl. Amb / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold /FB Gold / M&M SEN
Nice hotel, try to avoid the basement rooms though. Got an upgrade to Junior suite as Plat (initially to executive room, but the room had some issues so they moved me). Can't remember if I got any drink vouchers or any other benefits, but minibar has free drinks anyhow.

Breakfast was also very nice, a lot of cooked to order items like Eggs Benedict.

Rooms are nice, location is decent - definitely recommended.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Stayed twice , its in a good location as the tube is very close round the corner and for reward redemption rates in London at 30k is very good. The rooms are nice, I have had the junior suite and standard rooms which are both good.
ultimately for me it depends on how much your paying or points etc but is definitely a decent hotel.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by diederik
Nice hotel, try to avoid the basement rooms though. Got an upgrade to Junior suite as Plat (initially to executive room, but the room had some issues so they moved me). Can't remember if I got any drink vouchers or any other benefits, but minibar has free drinks anyhow.

Breakfast was also very nice, a lot of cooked to order items like Eggs Benedict.

Rooms are nice, location is decent - definitely recommended.
Im not sure if this is brand wide but I have been staying at birmingham Indigo frequently and recently they stopped filling the minibars with alcohol and drinks..
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
I think points would have been better value on this occasion, but this is a (work) paid stay for me at about Ł200 a night for the 1000 bonus point + breakfast rate.

I shall cross my fingers for a junior suite!

Thanks all.

Chris
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:01 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I stayed there in March and was also upgraded to a "jr suite"--in other words, a large room. The location was quite convenient for me on that occasion, though I found Earls Court Road a bit unscenic. Staff was largely very sweet, but I did have some communication and other issues with one member.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by rfrost
I stayed there in March and was also upgraded to a "jr suite"--in other words, a large room. The location was quite convenient for me on that occasion, though I found Earls Court Road a bit unscenic. Staff was largely very sweet, but I did have some communication and other issues with one member.
I agree its really just a large room, a standard room I had prior felt jsut as large , but that had a high ceiling
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
I stayed in December. It's a decent place, not the nicest Indigo I've stayed in (I'm a fan of Edinburgh). I was 'upgraded' to an exec room in the basement which makes it all a bit gloomy but on the whole staff nice, breakfast good, bed comfy. All good.

Oh, and the WiFi is somewhat sporadic. I could happily attain 2mbps on the ground floor, but down in my room in the basement, that shot down to 100kbps...
Old May 16, 2015, 1:24 pm

Just completed a stay at this property. Had a good overall impression. Rooms were rather new but small but that's not a problem if you have a small built or don't mind the occasional squeeze here or there. Toiletries were Aveda branded and minibar which consisted of still and sparkling water, orange soda and diet Pepsi was refillable and best of all, free! Books were also available for loan long the corridors but didn't really get to use them.

This property is only a very very short walk across the road from the Earl's court tube station, which gets you to Westminster in 15mins and Heathrow in 40mins. The station is located in both zone 1 and 2 so that means you get to save a little on transport cost. There is also plenty of bistros and cafes in the vicinity of the hotel as well as 2 supermarkets. I think the best part about the hotel though is that it is only 30000 points, which is quite reasonable compared to the often exorbitant paid rates and even award rates that London is known for
Old May 17, 2015, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mitpat474
I agree its really just a large room, a standard room I had prior felt jsut as large , but that had a high ceiling
Some of the suites are much more split up between the living space and bedroom but none of the rooms are massively different from each other.

I like this property a lot and have done over 20 nights there this year. It is in many ways my favourite IHG property in London offering decent value, a small but high quality gym, free minibar, nice decor and great Plat treatment. It also really doesn't feel at all like a chain hotel.
Old May 18, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I like this property a lot and have done over 20 nights there this year. It is in many ways my favourite IHG property in London offering decent value, a small but high quality gym, free minibar, nice decor and great Plat treatment. It also really doesn't feel at all like a chain hotel.
I'm staying here for 7 night in July on points and was wondering what the typical Platinum treatment is like? Have requested a room overlooking Barkston Gardens as I'm keen to avoid the basement rooms.

From the photos the look is similar in style to The Ampersand at South Kensington so very much away from the usual chain hotel look.
Old May 18, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: AGR, Alaska Air, CSP, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Coathanger
I'm staying here for 7 night in July on points and was wondering what the typical Platinum treatment is like? Have requested a room overlooking Barkston Gardens as I'm keen to avoid the basement rooms.

From the photos the look is similar in style to The Ampersand at South Kensington so very much away from the usual chain hotel look.
I stayed last month as Plat on points. Offered points or drink voucher at check in, took the voucher and somehow ended up with both. I had asked for an upper floor and had a room overlooking the gardens. Very pleasant stay. This hotel has an excellent location and is a great points value.
Old May 18, 2015, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Coathanger

You want to be at the back which is quieter not at the front. Higher floors obviously being better.

Plat treatment is pretty standard, one category room upgrade plus 600 points/drinks voucher.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:09 am

Thanks for the tips manderson99 and Land-of-Miles. Good to hear they provide an upgrade on award stays.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
You want to be at the back which is quieter not at the front. Higher floors obviously being better.

Plat treatment is pretty standard, one category room upgrade plus 600 points/drinks voucher.
Ended up having good experience at the hotel over two stays and a total of 7 nights.

Both times the room was on the 4th floor overlooking Barkston Gardens as requested. This is the best floor to be on as the 5th floor requires you to walk up a flight of stairs (i.e. elevator only goes to 4th) and the 600 series rooms are actually in the basement (of which I was told they have 17).

The minibar is complimentary and certainly appreciated during the recent hot weather in London, and the Aveda toiletries are also very nice (and made in the USA).

Location was perfect, literally around the corner from Earl's Court tube station and with everything you could need nearby from M&S Simply Food, Pret, Nando's, Wagamama, a Chinese restaurant (amongst others, the whole main street is filled with restaurants) and a few pubs for good measure.

For those on a longer trip there is a laundry down the road (Bobo's Bubbles).

Found this to property to be even more convenient than my previous stay at The Ampersand in South Kensington.
FLYGVA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.