Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New IHG Elite Benefits for 2014 - Discussion of benefits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 4:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
What is in the "Goody Bags"?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Usually water and a snack item or two (candy bar, trail mix, etc.)
Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I have never received bonus points for a HIX stay here in the USA. Is this something only some HIX do?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:19 am

So what will be the point offer for Candlewood Suites? We've got a stay coming up around mid-March.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by bgriz18
I have never received bonus points for a HIX stay here in the USA. Is this something only some HIX do?
Some have started rolling out the program early, but officially they aren't required to do so until March 1st.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I wonder if they will send out an official announcement.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:28 pm

I am an IHG plat and have received 500 bonus points for each of the 2 HIX stays I've had this year in Virginia.

I stayed at a couple of HI's last year and was offered goodie bags or bottled water but never a drink from the bar/restaurant. I have more stays booked for this year in the US & Europe than previously. I'm curious to see if the offers really do become more consistent...
Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.
Asked reception staff about this at HIE Tamworth (UK) - they are all unaware of any upcoming changes.

Current policy is choice of 300 points or drink for plat, and 200 points or drink for gold.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by yossimills
Asked reception staff about this at HIE Tamworth (UK) - they are all unaware of any upcoming changes.

Current policy is choice of 300 points or drink for plat, and 200 points or drink for gold.

At HIX Nuernberg Schwabach Germany last night got a choice of
Welcome drink
Snack basket (two smaller items)
300 points voucher

The had two books with voucher, one with platinum and one with gold on the cover. I assume gold members get a different number of miles.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 7:32 pm

I just hope this doesn't result in some hotels downgrading their perks to come in-line with the other places. Last year I stayed at a Holiday Inn that gave me breakfast for two, and also a snack tray delivered to my room anytime during my stay. Another one waived parking for platinum.

I've also had other hotels where a bottle water was about it.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by ohlradio
I just hope this doesn't result in some hotels downgrading their perks to come in-line with the other places. Last year I stayed at a Holiday Inn that gave me breakfast for two, and also a snack tray delivered to my room anytime during my stay. Another one waived parking for platinum.

I've also had other hotels where a bottle water was about it.
I'm not sure about the parking benefit but definitely the HIs have been instructed not to give breakfast as a platinum benefit.

I have already experienced this at 2 properties in the US and was advised by one of the hotel GMs that there is a financial penalty to the hotel if they break the rules.

mxm135
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Got a choice of water or some sort of Gatorade knockoff and Doritos or a chocolate chip cookie at the HI Hazlet NJ this week.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Nothing here at IC Osaka. Probably not for Asia or still not rolled out to Asia yet.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 12:25 am

at the Holiday Inn Vienna City i always got free breakfast buffet as a platinum but now it is only the drink or points voucher. very bad and sad as breakfast costs you 25 dollars per person
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Nothing here at IC Osaka. Probably not for Asia or still not rolled out to Asia yet.
IC's not included.

IC's reward guests with purchased Ambassador status already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.