Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London on a Budget

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Crowne Plaza Kings Cross also has 2 Double Bed rooms, which are available for reward nights and returned in searches for 3 (or 4) adults.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:20 pm

What about the HIX Southwark? Is is convenient?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by olympian
Crowne Plaza Kings Cross also has 2 Double Bed rooms, which are available for reward nights and returned in searches for 3 (or 4) adults.
I booked this hotel for six nights in August. It was a former HI. What's the area like?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
I booked this hotel for six nights in August. It was a former HI. What's the area like?
It's about a ten minute walk from Kings Cross/St Pancras opposite the Mount Pleasant mail centre.

There is a nice pub across the from the hotel and some other local restaurants and bars down the street towards Farringdon. The hotel now has a Belgian restaurant which looks and sounds quite good.

Nearest tube station is Kings Cross so it's a bit quieter.

It's a nice property though, think I stayed there five times last year. There are some pictures of the rooms in the thread below in case you haven't seen them already.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...loomsbury.html
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
It's about a ten minute walk from Kings Cross/St Pancras opposite the Mount Pleasant mail centre.

There is a nice pub across the from the hotel and some other local restaurants and bars down the street towards Farringdon. The hotel now has a Belgian restaurant which looks and sounds quite good.

Nearest tube station is Kings Cross so it's a bit quieter.

It's a nice property though, think I stayed there five times last year. There are some pictures of the rooms in the thread below in case you haven't seen them already.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...loomsbury.html
Thanks. Looks like a keeper for me.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:38 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
Thanks. Looks like a keeper for me.
I stayed here in January in one of the new rooms and it was pleasant enough. It's a bit of a walk to King's X. They still had work going on when I was there and it was still under the HI brand, though I was staying in a new room.

I'd still go for the Stratford Staybridge, where I've done an extended stay in a previous life. It's a lovely property and while not right in the thick of the tourist attractions, is still within easy striking distance given the tube station is right there. Plus breakfast. Plus laundry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.