Search

Busted, Uh... Roll of honor for busted Plats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
All overseas IC stays.

-FlyerBeek
1. I hope you enrolled as Ambassador ++ also for Ambassador Accelerator for 20k bonus every 15nights.

2. Platinum hardly gets you anything at an IC other tha free internet. Occaisionally Elites in newly refurbished rooms of same type or higher floor.

3. Not sure what number of nights $6000 equates to, about $5000 + $1000vat, could be 30 $150++ nights or just 10 $500++ nights (ignoring F+D)? Depends if expensive London/Paris/Amsterdam or cheaper Berlin, Madrid etc.

As long as you are Ambassador before staying all those room nights will count towards Royal Ambassador. Although secret qualification thresh hold, it will need minimum of 60 IHG Brand nights, of which minimum 20 are IC Nights within a rolling 365 day period.
You also need to stay a 3 different IC's.

4. If your stays are all IC's, IHG Gold (Ambassador gives Gold anyway) will give you free internet, and you should concentrate on reaching RA status with 60 nights.
As I said I really hope you paid $200 to become Ambassador, as I think (I am not 100% sure) nights only count towards RAafter enrolling.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:06 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
My guess is that, although the letters and member cards were sincere, they never actually got around to extending the status itself back then. Now, the current reps know nothing about that situation, and are lazily blowing us off. I got a reply that I need to attach a copy of the letter so they can see for themselves what I'm complaining about. Hope I can find it!
This issue is being discussed in at least 1 other thread as well, so far you're the first one I've read who has found a chink in their defences... Although I didn't get the letter, I sincerely hope you can find it since like you, I think this is a cock-up...
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:09 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
I did get the letter but too bad I threw it away as soon as I had read it and only kept the card But then again, who would back then imagined they would do something like this.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Got downgraded to Gold too. For whatever reason, my account showed as Platinum even a couple of days ago.

IHG Gold status is basically useless. 10% bonus is basically peanuts and the priority check-in is very rarely relevant to me for one or more reasons -- and those are the only two "benefits" that Gold "elite" status has.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 20, 2014 at 2:28 am
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:38 am

Free internet in Europe is always a bonus!

It appears that they have changed the rules on that, only giving it to people with elite status��

http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...g-hotel-guest/
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: not a lot
Been downgraded to gold despite having got the new card and letter confirming my status in 2014 as platinum. The letter has long since been recycled.

I've got an email conversation going with IHG at the moment requesting I get my platinum status back, waiting to hear back from them.

I was only about 6k points short of earning platinum so would have got that it I hadn't got the letter.

I've been a platinum since 2006 with probably in the region of 550+ nights in those 8 years. Whilst not as high as some on here it's still a lot.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: IC, WN, Hyatt, Avis
I too have been busted down to a Gold (according to my account on ihg.com). However today I just received an email entitled Your January IHG Rewards Club Mid-Month eStatement is Ready‏ and the email identifies me as Platinum Elite. What, what?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zutalors
I too have been busted down to a Gold (according to my account on ihg.com). However today I just received an email entitled Your January IHG Rewards Club Mid-Month eStatement is Ready‏ and the email identifies me as Platinum Elite. What, what?
Ditto, although I was guessing they ran their mail shot over a week ago - seems quite common for big companies to do these quite a bit in advance. Agree it seems rather silly to confuse their customers yet again though!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I requested a status match to Platinum in late November 2013. I was specifically told that the Platinum status would be good for the entirety of 2014 (which matched what I read on FT for late year status matches). In the 8 weeks since receiving the status, I've provided roughly $6000 of business to IHG properties.

This week I noticed my status had been downgraded to Gold. When I called, I was told that my status match actually expired in December and nothing could be done since it was a one-time offer.
Ring back. I status matched over to Platinum late last year, and like you my status unexpectedly dropped to Gold over the weekend. I gave them a ring and explained that I'd done a status match but the status had dropped early. The phone rep spent a few moments checking, appologised for the error, and put me back to Plat while I was still on the phone. Apparently, my Plat status will now run until the 12 month anniversary of the match. So, call back, and fingers crossed you'll get someone helpful this time!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
I too received a letter sometime mid-2013 saying my Plat status would be extended through 2014 but am surprised to see I am now Gold.

I have to look for that letter but I don't think I kept it. I would never have thought there was a reason to keep it.

I called today, rep said there was no such communication.

This is unbelievable.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by NJNY
I too received a letter sometime mid-2013 saying my Plat status would be extended through 2014 but am surprised to see I am now Gold.

I have to look for that letter but I don't think I kept it. I would never have thought there was a reason to keep it.

This is unbelievable.
If I don't get my plat back and get accused of making up a communication then I will give serious thought to closing my account.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Originally Posted by NJNY
You must have imagined it!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Originally Posted by big_mac
You must have imagined it!
Yes, that's it! I can't wait to get home tonight to see if I might have saved it so I can call back with the proof.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 1:52 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
I did get the letter but too bad I threw it away as soon as I had read it and only kept the card But then again, who would back then imagined they would do something like this.
Does it matter if we can show the letter or not? The fact I have a printed Platinum card that said "Expire 2014". Isn't that enough?

I did attached the membership card, but they simply did not care.

I did not manage to find the letter also. well it is almost 1/2 years ago when when Is aw that letter. That guy Don Berg, does ring a bell. Should we alll write to Don and express our dissatisfaction.

Last edited by lingua101; Jan 21, 2014 at 2:14 am
Old Jan 21, 2014, 1:57 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by zutalors
Same with me. If I did not read your post, I won't be bother to open that email. I did open and yes, like you, it shows that I am Platinum elite.

Well I will forward this to the IHG care and see what they will say. Well may be they simply do not care.

I just notice that the mid Jan statement, althought I received it yesterday (20-Jan), it does not include the point posted on 15-Jan. Perhaps 15-Jan was the date when they were downgrading everyone.

Will post what is the reply I got from IHG.

Last edited by lingua101; Jan 21, 2014 at 2:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.