Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I've just finished the map for this preview list, I hope that some will find it useful! I can't embed directly to the forum but you may view it here: Weekend Blitz - Preview: IHG/PriorityClub PointBreaks List Aug-Sep 2014

I have also color coded the properties based upon brand.

If you see any properties that have been misplaced please let me know.

Again, the full map is accessible here: Weekend Blitz - Preview: IHG/PriorityClub PointBreaks List Aug-Sep 2014
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:07 pm
Community Director Emerita

jmgriffin, you are a star. Thank you for that hard work. It makes the list visual.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
jmgriffith - great list! Unfortunately, I noticed 3 errors just in the northeast after a few clicks (ie, the Woodbridge hotel shows up in NJ, but it's actually in NE). Might want to check the map...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
There are more than I expected for the UK, and at least they are spread out a bit. Not bad, but I was hoping for something in Scotland, but that was not to be.

Last edited by Amyrlin; Jul 25, 2014 at 4:14 pm
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by thecompdude
Agreed, very disappointing for WA state. Nothing good in OR and BC either.
Why would you expect PB in WA? There's like 2 hotels, and probably always nearly full???
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:56 pm

Well the UK choice is slightly better than the last one which was completely HIX. Not the best list I've ever seen but if you are in those areas they will be handy. Duxford is a decent HIX as is the Metrocentre one.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:42 pm

This is a fantastic list for Europe. One IC and CP in good locations and during the holiday period. Also several in the UK and it isn't full of HIXs like some recent lists have been.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Although I was hoping for something in Switzerland, South Germany and Italy. I suspect the list is complete, but here's hoping a few more hotels will be released on Monday. No Spain either?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by turner32
Why would you expect PB in WA? There's like 2 hotels, and probably always nearly full???
lol.... right! There must be about 40 hotels in the state.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
jmgriffin, you are a star. Thank you for that hard work. It makes the list visual.
Thanks--glad you found it useful!

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
jmgriffith - great list! Unfortunately, I noticed 3 errors just in the northeast after a few clicks (ie, the Woodbridge hotel shows up in NJ, but it's actually in NE). Might want to check the map...
Thanks for pointing those out, I'm fixing them now.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: AGR, Alaska Air, CSP, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
I've just finished the map for this preview list, I hope that some will find it useful!
Excellent map -- thank you!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
This is a fantastic list for Europe. One IC and CP in good locations and during the holiday period. Also several in the UK and it isn't full of HIXs like some recent lists have been.
No, I agree, it is quite a good list. I correct myself, because there is one property in Spain, namely Valencia. Tempted to give that a go, actually. Hope some of you can make use of these, otherwise.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:19 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
No, I agree, it is quite a good list. I correct myself, because there is one property in Spain, namely Valencia. Tempted to give that a go, actually. Hope some of you can make use of these, otherwise.
For one property you don't need a list. The list for Europe is crap, mainly because it is almost non-existent, with the exception of the UK. Imagine the US had a total of 10 hotels on the list, and then another 9 or so on Hawai in Alaska. That's about what the "list" for Europe looks like.

HTB.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
I've spent a number of perfectly comfortable stays at the IC Bucharest: but I'd never expected to see the city promoted to a "good location for a European holiday"
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've spent a number of perfectly comfortable stays at the IC Bucharest: but I'd never expected to see the city promoted to a "good location for a European holiday"
Really!? Could you explain why? The hotel website makes it look the perfect place to stay to explore to Romania.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.