Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by JBa
I didn't see any confirmation.
From IHG Rewards Club official twitter account: "We'll sneak peak the full list tomorrow!"

Then they direct you to this link: http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...coming-monday/
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat
Originally Posted by emurray077
From IHG Rewards Club official twitter account: "We'll sneak peak the full list tomorrow!"

Then they direct you to this link: http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...coming-monday/
I wouldn't say they are directing you there. They were replying to a tweet by Ben "Onemileatatime" which is why the link to his blog is included.

IHG will post the preview on their own website. I'm sure the proper link to their page will be readily available tomorrow.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
yeah i don't get it..why would u think the bloggers have a "in" as much as anyone else does...all the other bloggers will see the preview list on the ihg forum site...listed the last one in my first post
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by bitachu
yeah i don't get it..why would u think the bloggers have a "in"
Because he has explicitly said he knows someone high up in IHG, and often hears about many things before we do. When you make a living writing about travel deals, you are likely to be in the know.

Just like news reporters and journalists hear about things before the general public.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
It looks like the list is up!! :-) InterContinental Resort Tahiti / French Polynesia.. whoo hooo
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eddielam
It looks like the list is up!! :-) InterContinental Resort Tahiti / French Polynesia.. whoo hooo
Where do you see this? I think ou are referring to the old list.

Last edited by Bacopa; Jan 23, 2014 at 9:11 pm
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
lol....
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
The real gems of the list are going to be HIX Slough, UK and Candlewood in Bagels, Nebraska.

I do enjoy trying to make lemonade out of these lists and can usually shoehorn a selection into existing plans. Visiting both of the January selections in New Mexico next week.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by emurray077
Because he has explicitly said he knows someone high up in IHG, and often hears about many things before we do. When you make a living writing about travel deals, you are likely to be in the know.

Just like news reporters and journalists hear about things before the general public.
Loyalty Traveler says that he was sent a standard press release by IHG which included these sample properties.

I wouldn't know, they don't send them to me :-)
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:21 am

I'm not fluent in Twitterese, but I think the IHG account was just "retweeting" and expanding on Ben's original tweet. Its not necessarily an indication that Ben has any prior knowledge of the list...
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Although I am really happy the Pointbreaks are alive, 140 properties down from the last 210, is a 1/3 reduction in the properties available

Makes me wonder - is 70/month a magic number (last time the list was for 3 months, now it is for 2)? Bummed April is not included, hoping for Boston, Israel and Rome properties.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by piblo
That looks to be for last spring.....
Will there be a preview of the list before roll out, or will it be a shotgun start?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
That looks to be for last spring.....
Will there be a preview of the list before roll out, or will it be a shotgun start?
Sorry, I copy paste from http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/...uary-24.79885/

But it is the list of the past year.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:50 am

Still the old list here

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...&icdv=99613032

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Jan 24, 2014 at 8:52 am Reason: error
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: AS,UA
Nevermind, that was last years, i thought it looked similar because i stayed at a couple of those. I'm glad cause that list sucked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.