Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion Discussion Thread 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I swear I've seen a post like this in the past, freaking people out about signing up for bonuses. Yet for regular *customers* of IHG, there was never a problem. We continued signing up for these bonuses and earning our extra points. As has been surmised all along, and indeed we had proof back in the day, IHG keeps track of our revenue spend and thus they know who they are free to get rid of and who they want to keep. If you give them business, they won't kick you out of the program for stacking a few bonuses.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
re FFlash...More on this???

Nothing new really. Everywhere you can find a promotion code was an IHG agent, officially or unofficially...but if those T&C's are changed now where does that leave anyone who once shared codes in the past if indeed you have to be "targeted" to participate. IHG just closed a loop hole and likely from feedback on blogs like this so if they ever need to make a point, they can quote from the rules.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
More on this???

IHG has freaked out many guests from their program I guess. Me too, I have an empty account. I did use some promo codes but my account is still there. I am using it occasionally but definitely not accumulating points there, I have burnt them all.

I think though it is OK to close an account for a reason. I can understand that my account can be closed due to promo code stacking, but what is a time frame for closure vs. "illegal" activities is a questionmark. If they close an account after say 1,5 years from any "illegal" activity, I would think that is rude. In other words, if there happens to pop up another "legal" promo, say BigWin, where I can gather tons of points and then I use them on pointbreaks and someone closes my account (e.g. as "unprofitable") due to stacking promos 1,5 years ago, that would be really rude.

Even more so if someone buys points during a campaign and uses them on PB and gets her account closed for another reason, I would sue them. Earned bonuses are something different than points BOUGHT - you should get your money back.

I am writing this ONLY for IHG lurkers to learn from their customers.

There IS a thread already for this kind of discussions stop spamming every other thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...l#post23195063
Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:09 pm

Need help with the new Double Airline Miles offer.

Looking to accrue some US Airways points and wanted to know how to work out how many miles i would get.

If you choose airline miles do you autmoatically rule yourself out for other IHG bonusses?

Trying to work out whether it will be better to "bonus stack" and transfer to US DM afterwards or just earn the double miles. Yes I understand the risks of bonus stacking

Lastly - the promos where it says "elite members only" is this gold elite as well?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:06 am
Suspended

Really surprised that no general bonus for the upcoming months has not been announced as yet.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Really surprised that no general bonus for the upcoming months has not been announced as yet.
i thought the bonus game may be over, June 30th was the last post in the promo thread.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i thought the bonus game may be over, June 30th was the last post in the promo thread.
Forgive me, I meant general promotion open to all.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:50 am

If it's the quarterly bonus/promo the current one (Stay x, earn x) runs until next Tuesday.

The Big Win finished at the end of April and the current promo didn't start until May 15th, that was announced/emailed on May 1st so they may well have a gap between promos again as they have done it in the past.

Last edited by chrism20; Aug 26, 2014 at 11:51 am Reason: added text
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chrism20
If it's the quarterly bonus/promo the current one (Stay x, earn x) runs until next Tuesday.

The Big Win finished at the end of April and the current promo didn't start until May 15th, that was announced/emailed on May 1st so they may well have a gap between promos again as they have done it in the past.
Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Forgive me, I meant general promotion open to all.
given the recent changes, i thought there may be a shift in strategy about point accumulation via bonuses, anything cld be on the cards, they've even published their long held secret, top 1% of customers for RA, that turns out to be 60 IHG nights, 3 IC properties, and 20 in IC, nothing to do with the top 1% at all.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:08 am
Suspended

IC Amstel Promo (aimed at Virtuoso advisors and their clients - not sure if this is the place to post it)

Nov. 1 - Sept. 31, 2015

Book 2 nights get the 3rd half off.

Includes:

-breakfast for 2
-early check-in
-late check-out
-in room water/fruit
-free upgrade subject to availability
-Dutch Jenever tasting

and either:

-free Hermitage ticket
-free Rijk ticket
-free boat ride
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:16 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Please follow the discussion about the Big Winn 2014 in the newly created master thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html

All posts in this thread have been moved to the new thread.

Thank you

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Thread
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:38 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
I am a new registered IHG member and will be paying for Ambassador next week. Can i use these 4-digit stackable codes for the 5000 pointsbreak stay ?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by jedicat666
I am a new registered IHG member and will be paying for Ambassador next week. Can i use these 4-digit stackable codes for the 5000 pointsbreak stay ?
The codes are for paid stays only. Also be aware of the termination of your account:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html
Old Sep 12, 2014, 4:48 pm

Facebook promo coming

IHG have posted the following on Facebook tonight.

No one wants to think about Monday on Friday. But we’ll reveal details of a new bonus offer exclusively on Facebook and Twitter to start the work week.

Be sure to check back with us in three days!
Wonder what it could be

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.