Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion Discussion Thread 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I just had the 5000 point "Platinum Bonus" post
I did too, but it appears to be in connection with my credit card.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Yes, Aw82, IHG has done that to me, too. No Book with IHG credit showing!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
Do you have to be Platinum on the IHG membership, before you can apply for Ambassador status?
I noticed that you can redeem points to join, instead of paying the $199 fee and I'm tempted to do so.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by iFlip23
Do you have to be Platinum on the IHG membership, before you can apply for Ambassador status?
I noticed that you can redeem points to join, instead of paying the $199 fee and I'm tempted to do so.
no. in fact i recommend that you start as a gold member, buy AMB, and then upgrade to plat: i think loyaltylobby mentioned something about it awhile back...

http://loyaltylobby.com/2012/12/31/t...al-ambassador/
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
duplicate post deleted

Last edited by scubaccr; Apr 16, 2014 at 12:00 am Reason: duplicate post deleted
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by iFlip23
Read the signup text Ambassador section, point(3)

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...-tc#ambassador

"3. Only IHG® Rewards Club members may purchase InterContinental Ambassador status. Upon purchase of InterContinental Ambassador status, IHG® Rewards Club members who have not achieved Gold Elite status will be automatically upgraded to the Gold Elite membership level.
A non IHG® Rewards Club member who purchases InterContinental Ambassador status will automatically be enrolled in IHG® Rewards Club at the Gold Elite membership level."
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by no2chem
no. in fact i recommend that you start as a gold member, buy AMB, and then upgrade to plat: i think loyaltylobby mentioned something about it awhile back...

http://loyaltylobby.com/2012/12/31/t...al-ambassador/
But on 1st April 2014, IHG stopped all status Matching pending revision of their status match program.

Personally I think IHG will come back with a challenge based path to IHG elite status needing reduced nights, rather than the previous match without IHG even checking matchee makes stays to actually earn the status being matched from.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by scubaccr
But on 1st April 2014, IHG stopped all status Matching pending revision of their status match program.

Personally I think IHG will come back with a challenge based path to IHG elite status needing reduced nights, rather than the previous match without IHG even checking matchee makes stays to actually earn the status being matched from.
Well, you don't have to status match necessarily. For example, if you got a RA invite or in the US, if you sign up for the credit card, it would be ideal to buy amb first on a empty account, and then upgrade.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Unhappy

Originally Posted by aw82
One of my Big Wins is 2,000 pts for booking two separate stays through IHG. I've booked two and it shows no progress. The first booked stay was a few weeks ago and the other Big Win-related points and progress on wins posted, but nothing for the Book with IHG win.

Anyone else have this?
Have the same problem.
My challenge is clearly: "Book 2 separate stays through an IHG hotel website or mobile device".
So I made 2 reservations through IHG website. These stays are valid in others of my challenges already for some days.
Claiming now the missed acceptance for "Book with IHG" challenge I got yesterday the following answer from IHG RC:
"In order to receive the bonus points for the challenge IHG mobile app booking, as stated on the Big Win 2014 tracker, you must book 2 separate stays through our IHG® application."

So I forwarded them yesterday some additional screenshots of my challenge "Book with IHG" and the connected T&C.
Marked the part where is written "... are booked at any IHG website ..." and told them again there is nowhere mentioned a "MUST" to use the IHG mobile app.
Hope their English is well enough to understand their own T&Cs!

No answer till now.
I keep you informed ...
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by MrLion
Have the same problem.
My challenge is clearly: "Book 2 separate stays through an IHG hotel website or mobile device".
So I made 2 reservations through IHG website. These stays are valid in others of my challenges already for some days.
Claiming now the missed acceptance for "Book with IHG" challenge I got yesterday the following answer from IHG RC:
"In order to receive the bonus points for the challenge IHG mobile app booking, as stated on the Big Win 2014 tracker, you must book 2 separate stays through our IHG® application."

So I forwarded them yesterday some additional screenshots of my challenge "Book with IHG" and the connected T&C.
Marked the part where is written "... are booked at any IHG website ..." and told them again there is nowhere mentioned a "MUST" to use the IHG mobile app.
Hope their English is well enough to understand their own T&Cs!

No answer till now.
I keep you informed ...
Numerous people have this problem, there's a thread about this already
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ng-2014-a.html
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
seems to be a new promo-is this worth it?
would be buying 10,000pts for 40$..

Get 5,000 Bonus Points Back in Your Account
When You Book Using Points & Cash
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace

Where do u read about this ? I cant see this deal mentioned anywhere
and 10k points for 40$ ????
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace

I also received an email about this promo, and have added it to the Master Promo thread. Thanks for mentioning it on FT. I wonder how this one will track/post....

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...dcash_5Koffer#

*To qualify to receive your bonus you must book a Points and Cash stay between 4/15/14 and 7/15/14. After qualifying, please allow 4 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for members who are recipients of this email.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
If you didn't get the email invite to take a survey for 500 points here's the link. Put your IHG number in place of XXXXXXXXX. Seems to be targeted for Ambassadors.

http://mail09.sm.ihg.com/track?type=...-_-PRIMARY_CTA

Last edited by foxberg; Apr 17, 2014 at 9:38 am
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by josmon10
Nothing new. I signed for it at the beginning of February, and back then I was "already registered".
Interesting, cos when I looked on here, 6636 wasn't listed.

As promised here's the follow-up. I tried to register it earlier and it said I was already registered... So when I sign into IHG, they offer me a code to register with for the first time ever, and when I try, they say I am registered - go figure?!

Anyway, also learnt via loyaltylobby that this is a 2013 code, and 5000 is the 2014 code (which I am registered for already, so guess hence the response I got).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.