Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion Discussion Thread 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Kind of clear. If targetted at Asia + Africa, then IHG will only have emailed members with ihg acct addresses in those countries.

So all of you with USA addresses etc were never targetted/ivited, so it does not really matter if promo t+c mention regions or not.

Like us all in FT, if codes work, it is a nice welcome bonus of som extra non-targetted free points . Those who complain could intsead get audited and instead lose all those points gained from their uninvited promos.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL

"You have successfully completed registration for ANNIVERSARY BONUS OFFER."
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Kind of clear. If targetted at Asia + Africa, then IHG will only have emailed members with ihg acct addresses in those countries.

So all of you with USA addresses etc were never targetted/ivited, so it does not really matter if promo t+c mention regions or not.

Like us all in FT, if codes work, it is a nice welcome bonus of som extra non-targetted free points . Those who complain could intsead get audited and instead lose all those points gained from their uninvited promos.
If the offer was indeed targeted for a different region then trying to register for it from an account in another region should bring this message:

"The code you entered is invalid for your membership. Please check the qualification requirements for your country, region or program. For further assistance please visit the IHG® Rewards Club Customer Care Center page."
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold,VS, BA.
Originally Posted by foxberg
If the offer was indeed targeted for a different region then trying to register for it from an account in another region should bring this message:

"The code you entered is invalid for your membership. Please check the qualification requirements for your country, region or program. For further assistance please visit the IHG® Rewards Club Customer Care Center page."
That's frustrating as their public link for the offer is clearly part of their GB/EN web domain.

Also as per Loyalty Lobby's post on the topic (link below) - the promo code (at some point) originated from a leaflet distributed in hotel lobbies - therefore couldn't have been a solely 'invite only' targeted offer in the first place.

Even if the leaflet was only available in Asia/Middle East regions, anyone from any location could pick one up and register - considering the lack of regions on the T&C's and lack of a geo-block on the sign up page.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/07/26/i...points-update/

Frustrating, but can't win them all.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
From people's experience (as i've only recently joined this hotel malarkey) are the 60 day offers quarterly or annually in general?

Trying to work out if i should wait for a sustained period of hotel stays...
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Hmm - I've managed to register for all the ones mentioned in the past 10 or so posts and received confirmation emails, but none of them are showing up in the My Offers section of my account?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Hmm - I've managed to register for all the ones mentioned in the past 10 or so posts and received confirmation emails, but none of them are showing up in the My Offers section of my account?
We just have to wait and see.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:34 pm

Thanks foxberg for posting the new codes. Hopefully they will start posting after recent stays, and 2014 will be off to a very good start...

There are new 2014 Master Promo/Promotion discussion threads already started, maybe the mods can merge your new codes with the new threads. (I will send an RBP).

Thanks again.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
There are new 2014 Master Promo/Promotion discussion threads already started, maybe the mods can merge your new codes with the new threads. (I will send an RBP).

Thanks again.
That would be great. I didn't realize I was posting into the old one. Yes, merging would be very helpful.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:22 pm

"You have successfully completed registration for WEEKEND STAY BONUS."
Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;

Should have some idea if they are working mid-week next week as I signed up for all 4 and have a weekend at the IC Warsaw beginning tonight...
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Buzzman
Should have some idea if they are working mid-week next week as I signed up for all 4 and have a weekend at the IC Warsaw beginning tonight...
And so will I. Keep in mind, so far there were 7, not 4 new codes though.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Just registered for:

"You have successfully completed registration for 2,000 BONUS POINTS FOR 60 DAYS."

"You have successfully completed registration for NEW MEMBER BONUS."

I have a stay on Jan 5-11. I'll update on whether these bonuses would post or not after I get the points.

"You have successfully completed registration for WELCOME BACK BONUS."

"You have successfully completed registration for 5000 POINT PLATINUM BONUS."

"You have successfully completed registration for 1000 POINT GOLD BONUS."

[/QUOTE]

Awesome Foxberg..

Weird.. when to https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/en/offers/promoreg/ to registered the code.. it said "successful" But its not show up in "My offer" page. Try to reenter the code... and said I have already registered for the promotions.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 9:21 am

"You have successfully completed registration for Book With Us-4K Bonus Offer."
Old Jan 3, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum

"You have successfully completed registration for 5000 POINT PLATINUM BONUS."

"You have successfully completed registration for 1000 POINT GOLD BONUS."

Thanks! These all just worked for me too ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.