Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
1 web, 1 iPhone app and 1 iPad app booking doesnt show as an ihg app booking.

Time to write to CS again ;(
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
re: "Book with IHG"

I booked three nights using the IHG iPhone app: one on Jan. 1 (for stay Jan.3), one in late Jan. for Feb. 2 stay, one in late Jan. for Feb. 7 stay.

I have received "Book with IHG" only for the Feb. 2 stay, which posted a week after the stay. This is frustrating, as it has been ages since my early Jan. stay.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
maybe a third of the hotels I see have the "+$10 for breakfast" option
When you click on that option, the rate on the turns from "best flexible rate" to "best flexible rate with breakfast". So those hotels that have the "+" checkbox for breakfast are the only ones where you can get that rate.

But it's not always $10. I've seen $5, I've seen $12, I've seen $15, and there are probably other amounts.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Angry

Originally Posted by B Stromberg
It is the survey - after I completed all tasks I received an email "only one more offer until your big win" and in this email the survey is grey. Win Big is at 5/6.

I made the survey also early in january and received the points immediately.

Email responses from IHG were not very helpful until now. They need more time. 6 weeks seems to be not enough to fix it.
I have the same problem and sent an e-mail to the Ambassador Service.
And this is their answer:

Originally Posted by Ambassador Service
Thank you for your e mail.
We wish to clarify that the Offer: "Win Big" which will issue 36,000 points requires you to complete the 6 Stay based offers such as:
- Stay more and earn
- Explore our brands
- Live the city life
- Win in a weekend
- Change your view
- Start the day off right
Our records show that the "Start the day off right" has been completed on 02.01.14 as such, the "Win Big" offer shows 1 completed out of the 6 offers. May we also advise that "Survey the Win" is also an offer however, it is only included to give you extra points by answering a survey and not by staying.
We hope this clarifies your query.
Should I really be satisfied with this reply???
I cannot read anything about that in the T&C!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 4:20 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Flamewing
I have the same problem and sent an e-mail to the Ambassador Service.
And this is their answer:

Should I really be satisfied with this reply???
I cannot read anything about that in the T&C!
I don't know how many offers you have - I must complete 6 offers out of 6. Some people only need 6 out of 7.

But of course the survey should count. I can't get my Win Big until the survey counts for it - until then I' m at 5/6.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 4:39 am

I don't know how many offers you have - I must complete 6 offers out of 6. Some people only need 6 out of 7.

But of course the survey should count. I can't get my Win Big until the survey counts for it - until then I' m at 5/6.
My offers are as follows:

- Survey the win
- Stay more and earn (30(!!!) nights) [I will NEVER be able to complete that!]
- Explore our brands (5 brands)
- Live the city life (3 select cities)
- Win in a weekend (8 Saturdays)
- Change your view (5 Holiday Inn hotels)
- Start the day off right (1 Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast)
- Big win (6 offers)
Old Feb 20, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: BA IHG

Similarly, I have to complete 6 out of 7. One of which is the Survey & one is Apply for a new Credit Card. If I already had the IHG credit card, I couldn't apply again - so the Survey must count for me to complete the big win. Last 1/4 I also had a Survey, and it did count then.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flamewing
My offers are as follows:

- Survey the win
- Stay more and earn (30(!!!) nights) [I will NEVER be able to complete that!]
- Explore our brands (5 brands)
- Live the city life (3 select cities)
- Win in a weekend (8 Saturdays)
- Change your view (5 Holiday Inn hotels)
- Start the day off right (1 Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast)
- Big win (6 offers)
I don't understand... You have not completed all your challenges and you have e-mailed them that you want to get the big win challenge? Which of the above have you completed? Which have you not received points for?

Regarding the survey, there's been like 100 posts already about it, it doesn't show as completed under anyones Big Win challenge.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by johhenrik
I don't understand... You have not completed all your challenges and you have e-mailed them that you want to get the big win challenge? Which of the above have you completed? Which have you not received points for?

Regarding the survey, there's been like 100 posts already about it, it doesn't show as completed under anyones Big Win challenge.
I emailed them because I completed the survey far more than six weeks ago but my points have not posted. When they told me that they would manually credit the 100 points to my account I replied that far more important it would be that the offer would also correctly be counted toward my "Big win" offer. And then I received the above stated e-mail. Got it?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:18 am

OK, I get it. Well, as has been reported, no one has gotten the Survey to show as completed under the Big Win challenge. Regarding points, I received mine within a few minutes after I took the survey.

I didn't know that some people only have to complete 6 offers. I thought Big Win meant you had to complete all the other offers for it to kick in. Do you have the comeplete Terms & Conditions you can copy-n-paste here? Would be interesting to see what it says.

Mine says on the overview page:

Win big

Complete 7 of your offers and earn 83,000 points

And then the T&C says:

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. The member must complete the number of offers required on or before 30 April 2014 to be eligible for the bonus points or bonus miles offer. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for points or miles to be credited after all offers have been completed. Click here for a list of all participating airlines. All airline program terms and conditions apply. This offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only.

If I were you, I would take some screenshots if yours says different.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:27 am

OK, I get it. Well, as has been reported, no one has gotten the Survey to show as completed under the Big Win challenge. Regarding points, I received mine within a few minutes after I took the survey.

I didn't know that some people only have to complete 6 offers. I thought Big Win meant you had to complete all the other offers for it to kick in. Do you have the comeplete Terms & Conditions you can copy-n-paste here? Would be interesting to see what it says.

Mine says on the overview page:

Win big

Complete 7 of your offers and earn 83,000 points

And then the T&C says:

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. The member must complete the number of offers required on or before 30 April 2014 to be eligible for the bonus points or bonus miles offer. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for points or miles to be credited after all offers have been completed. Click here for a list of all participating airlines. All airline program terms and conditions apply. This offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only.

If I were you, I would take some screenshots if yours says different.
Exactly the same T&C here...
I just want to know where I can find the information that the "Survey the win" should not count towards the "Win Big"...
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:48 am

And your overview page? WHen you look at the Win Big explanation, what does it say?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:54 am

And your overview page? WHen you look at the Win Big explanation, what does it say?
Complete 6 of your offers...
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:02 am

Then go ahaead and take screenshots. Send them in your reply. I guess you have completed all except the 30 nights part. Just explain to them you have completed 6 offers and that your T&C does not mention ANYTHING about Stay offers. It just says: ...complete the number of offers required...

Although, I think this is an error from there side, but hey, you signed up on this, so it is fairly obvious who is right. If not, demand your money back on the stays you completed. Just claim they were all for this Big Win and now they are void if they change the terms of the contract afterwards.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Has anyone received the 20000 points for signing up to the credit card and booking one night with the card. I completed this at the end of January and no sign of the points on the big win page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.