Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Mine is a bit better, only 6 Saturday nights instead of 9. However, I have one task which is not shown, atm it states

views.dashboard.offer.dd.title

20,000 points

Any clues?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Mine is a bit better, only 6 Saturday nights instead of 9. However, I have one task which is not shown, atm it states

20,000 points

Any clues?
I have the same. No clues as such, however the picture looks like the man is holding a credit card. Hoping it's going to be a 20k bonus for signing up the IHG Barclaycard again

Do you hold the credit card at the moment?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA, WN, BA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
IHG gave me a similar offer to my current Big Win, but make it harder and fewer points:

1) 2 Stays at Staybridge - 8,000 points
2) 2 Stays at Holiday Inn - 8,000 points
3) Stay 4 nights - 8,000 points
4) Book 2 stays via the IHG app - 8,000 points
5) Book 1 stay at the best flexible rate with breakfast - 2,000 points
6) Survey - 100 points
7) Big Win - 34,000 points

Total points: 68,100

I'm going to complete the offer, although I dislike Staybridge Suites. I am thrilled to see that I don't need Saturday night stays for this challenge.

My old offer was for 79,500 points and required 4 nights at 2 different brands, and had to include 2 Saturday night stays.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Yes, the "Stay Smart" and "Change Your View" tasks seem to be a bit mixed up.

Included in my 7 tasks are:

- "Stay Smart 8,000 Points": When you click on it though, it says "Change Your View Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 8,000 points" (includes a picture of a Holiday Inn), but the T&C's say Holiday Inn Express.

- "Change your View 4,800 Points": When you click on this one, it says "Stay Smart Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotels and earn 4,800 points" (includes a picture of a HIX), but the T&C's say Holiday Inn.
Agreed. I emailed the CS rep and they said "Please be advised that Holiday Inn and Holiday Express are considered as two different brands but still under Holiday Inn Hotels so you can stay at either to be eligible. We hope this clarifies your inquiry."

But I think they might be incorrect. So I emailed again. If I had to guess I think the "Stay Smart" is solely for HI and the "Change Your View" is solely for HI Express. I'll repost once I get a response.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Spring offer is a tad sweeter for me, 98,000 vs 92,000. I do not have to make an awkward trip to Denver solely for an airport hotel stay this time but I also don't get an easy score by using the credit card.

6 nights 8800
3 brands 17600
1 BFF Breakfast 2000
3 IHG bookings 2200
2 Saturday nights 4800
2 Holiday Inn 8000
3 HIX 5600

Sweep 7 of 7 for 49000

I am primarily a leisure traveller so the Saturday nights will not be an issue. I do primarily book AAA rates so I am going to have to spend a little more for BFF and even more for breakfast that likely would have been gifted based on status (YMMV). HI and HIX is not really encouraging me to explore, CW and IC are the brands I have yet to book in my program history.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: CX DM, PC RA
i will not be actively pursuing this promo mainly because:
- 25 nights
- stay 3 hotels across HK (where i live), Beijing and Shanghai (where i have no plans to travel to).

Without the above two there is no big win so the whole promo is useless.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
My big hurdle is 19 nights. I can handle 4 Sats and the other 5 hoops but 19 nights? If they were my primary chain, piece of cake but I'm not going to ignore Starwood, Hyatt and Marriott to make 19 nights happen. Oh well.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:56 pm
btr

Programs: IHG, MP, Enterprise+
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
You're saying your big win requires you to stay 37 nights? And only 99,000 points? I find that hard to believe based on all the other offers shown in this thread.
Believe it. My "Stay more" offer is for 45 nights and just over 30,000 points for that offer.

I have to stay in 7 different HI and HIX (combined) and hit 4 brands total, which exceeds the number of trips I'll be making. Guess I'll do some mattress hopping for those three. Total points are under 150,000 and I have to complete all 7 to get the big win. It's just not going to happen for me - I'm planning on having a life at home.

I guess I'll just have to settle for being happy for what I can get.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Spire, HHonors Diamond, EK Gold
I have the same for two of mine. On the plus side I have one picture of a lobster and one of an attractive lady on a yacht, so I live in anticipation of the details.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:01 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by FinalCallDXB
I have the same for two of mine. On the plus side I have one picture of a lobster and one of an attractive lady on a yacht, so I live in anticipation of the details.
Mine has a man sitting with a laptop computer.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:06 am

20,000 points

Any clues?
views.dashboard.offer.r.header

and I see views.dashboard.offer.q.copy 500 points
views.dashboard.offer.q.copy

Any clues?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:14 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Targets are roughly the same as in the previous promotion, and just as unrealistic for me:
55 nights,
5 brands,
7 different ICs,
8 Saturday nights,
etc., etc.
for about 110k points.

All that in 3 months is, despite I will end 2013 with approx. 150 paid nights, not feasible.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:32 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
My Spring Big Win offers me about 5000 more points than the previous (for which I am still waiting for the last hotel stay (from last week) to post to finish it out). I have the same number of nights criteria - just don't understand why some folks have such high numbers of required nights!

• Stay more and earn. 7 nights for 9200 points.
  • Explore our brands. Stay at 4 IHG brands for 19200 points.
  • Start the day off right. Book a stay at the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast for 2000 points.
  • Win in a weekend. Stay 2 Saturday nights for 4800 points.
  • Book with IHG. Book 3 stays to get Best Price Guarantee for 2200 points .
  • Stay smart 2 Holiday Inn hotels for 8000 points.
  • Win Big Complete 6 of your offers and earn 42,000 points
Total: 84,000 points

Doable....only just. It's the additional promos that make this even close to worthwhile, however. It's very difficult to find stays around here for less than $80, so it's good that some stays will be 'double-ups'. However, I am very thankful that they didn't include a Flexible Rate at an Intercontinental or something bizarre.

This promo must really be pumping some money in their coffers.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 2:04 am

Programs: Miles & More;
Mine is really awesome this time (and a lot better then Last time)

I will get 178.400 Points for:
10 nights
4 Brands
1 Best flexible rate with breakfast
3 different Locations (this time cities i actually will/can visit)
3 saturday Nights
3 different intercontinentals

With those Nights i already booked and a few i have planend i will only need 11 Nights for all the tasks. Only because of the there intercontinental and the BFR needed will it get a Little more expensive then what i would have payed without the big Win.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by ARJ85
Mine is really awesome this time (and a lot better then Last time)

I will get 178.400 Points for:
10 nights
4 Brands
1 Best flexible rate with breakfast
3 different Locations (this time cities i actually will/can visit)
3 saturday Nights
3 different intercontinentals
Does it directly say that you need 3 different ICs? For me it is "just" 4 IC nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.